Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Smokeys Soarer Daily from the UK

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-14, 02:23 AM
Smokeygsi
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks dude!

Im feeling the need for some side skirts, but really not sure on what ones..
Old 03-15-14, 03:25 AM
V8man
Driver School Candidate

Nice work mate. Supra brakes defo the way forward. Just need wheels that fit over them. I've got sc430 18s which don't so I'm looking out for deep dish alloys which will.
Old 04-07-14, 04:23 AM
V8man
Driver School Candidate

So if you had tried to buy new supra calipers all round? How much? Is it eye watering territory?
Old 04-09-14, 08:53 PM
Candela
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice on the whiteline front bar! cant find any pictures of it please post more.
Old 01-24-15, 09:57 AM
Smokeygsi
Rookie

Wow, it really has been some time since this was updated! :lol:

Not huge amounts to report apart from me killing it a few times and fixing it. Attended some japanese car shows with the guys at soarerunion.com over the summer

Ill post some pics from these

Running at santapod at japshow finale

Japfest at donnington

So it was a decent summer, then one of the turbos decided to crap itself leaving me without a car. i bought a lovely Astra for £250 to keep me going.

Now im collecting parts to convert to a single turbo to get it back on the road and better than ever.

Got the turbo, just need everything else! :lol:

Old 01-24-15, 10:03 AM
Smokeygsi
Rookie

Originally Posted by V8man
So if you had tried to buy new supra calipers all round? How much? Is it eye watering territory?
Not hugely overpriced to be honest, just over £200 GBP a corner i think
Old 01-24-15, 10:20 AM
SoaringSC
Pit Crew

AMAZING job with the headlights. Points for base lining and "maintainifying" before big mods too. How much do your Advans weigh, out of curiousity?
Old 01-24-15, 01:06 PM
Smokeygsi
Rookie

Originally Posted by SoaringSC
AMAZING job with the headlights. Points for base lining and "maintainifying" before big mods too. How much do your Advans weigh, out of curiousity?
Thanks dude.. still not completely finished them, dragging my heels a little on that one!

As for the wheels, not sure on the weight, maybe 9-10kg each?
Old 01-25-15, 01:19 AM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

this is an awesome build, subbed. as for the headlights do you plan on keeping the lines or will you deline the lenses or get clear lenses maybe?
Old 02-08-15, 02:24 AM
Smokeygsi
Rookie

Originally Posted by oldManTan
this is an awesome build, subbed. as for the headlights do you plan on keeping the lines or will you deline the lenses or get clear lenses maybe?
Im still not sure to be honest, i have plenty of headlamp spares so i might experiment and see what looks best. Kind of swaying away from the idea of making them look OEM, may even paint the relector.
Old 02-08-15, 02:27 AM
Smokeygsi
Rookie

As for the rest of the build regarding the single turbo conversion, its comming along slowly. I have ordered a Tial MV-R 44mm wastegate, shoulld be here by the end of the week. The its time to start stripping the old turbos off and trailer the soarer to Simpson Race Exhausts. Having a custom system priced up including Manifold. This really isnt going to be cheap
Old 03-22-15, 02:28 PM
Smokeygsi
Rookie

So its been a while.. been so busy at works its unreal! Can't belive we are almost out of March already!!

So theres been some progress regarding the Soarer, firstly some nice shiney parts have arrived, the most noteable being a Tial MV-R 44mm external wastegate from the guys at GarageD

and some little bits, oil drain for the turbo and a blank for one of the oil feeds

So as of Friday I also have a confirmed booking at JC Weldfab near Northampton for a custom manifold and exhaust system. Breaking the credit card out for this one as its stupidly expensive, the quality should be world class... they have made exhaust systems for some of the redbull F1 cars, plus suspension arms for some Lemans racers.
Im going to ask them to mount the intercooler and may have them make up some hardpipes for me also. As a result yesterday was my only free day left between now and when the Soarer goes and was spent ripping it to bits ready for them

In the workshop Friday night ready for me Saturday morning, and yep thats a Testerossa in the background having some light restoration after being stood in a garage for 12 years

Large pile of scrap

Inspected the turbos and confirmed my diagnosis, excessive play in the bearing of the rear turbo resulting in the compressor blades fouling the housing

And this is how shes now... im super excited about the trip to JC Weldfab, just trying not to think of the bill!!!

Old 06-16-15, 01:12 PM
Smokeygsi
Rookie

Soarers completion was delayed, but transport is now booked for Thursday, I've been sent some sneaky pics, but unfortunately no money shot.. heres what i have..

Old 06-17-15, 01:32 AM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Ha I was just lurking through my Quicklinks for some build threads I sub'd and here you are.. Perfect timing! I'm leaving this tab open until Thursday lol! The exhaust looks like a brochure, I can only imagine the charge card balance after all of this. Cant wait for the other shots. Could you get a video of you driving inside and outside the car soon?
Old 06-18-15, 11:58 AM
Smokeygsi
Rookie

So it came home today! Im over the moon, but there is still heaps to do still.. for now some pictures..

Quick Reply: Smokeys Soarer Daily from the UK