Build Threads Details on Club Lexus IS-F owner vehicles

Silver750's street build

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-13, 05:31 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Nice rear shot! The debadged lower trunk area looks good.
Old 08-22-13, 11:34 AM
silver750
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After a long month or so of vacation and work done, my vision of the car is finally completed.

The aerofunction lip was too low, so I opted for Tom's. While the car was being colorsanded, we had side skirts added on as well as PPE headers.

For anyone considering a power mod, please do the headers first, they really wake the car up. Lots of usable street power and makes it sound like no other. I stopped keeping track of the number of looks/thumbs ups/props I have gotten driving with the headers.

Final Mod list include:

JoeZ Intake
JoeZ Exhaust
PPE headers
Tom's front lip
Universal CF sides
Arkym rear diffuser
Volk TE37
Stance GR+ Coilovers
CF wrapped sills/pillars
Black roof
Molded Wald spoiler

Special thanks to

Kris/Sunny @ 5Fifteen Auto body for top notch paint work
Greg @ Elite performance for the header install
Mike @ Figs

I'll attach a sound clip soon.
Attached Thumbnails Silver750's street build-img_20130821_172210.jpg  
Old 08-22-13, 06:19 PM
ISFngU
Rookie

Fantastic! Now your sound should be louder than mine
Old 08-22-13, 06:25 PM
IsfClyde
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks awesome
Old 08-22-13, 07:17 PM
silver750
Driver

Sound clip attached. Enjoy!

Old 08-23-13, 10:18 AM
Defratos
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 44 Posts

Sounds perfect to me

I'll be taking the exact same route soon
Old 08-30-13, 07:07 PM
powermungr
Rookie

I have to agree that is a great sound!
Old 08-31-13, 05:31 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

wish my GS4 sounded that good. very nice. u even knocked your phone down lol.

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup
Old 12-29-13, 11:19 AM
silver750
Driver

Been a while since my last update, but the car is nearing the end of it's build. For the second to final step, I left the car in the care of Bing/JOey/Jesse at Simplicity in Sound. Below is a clip from the build log detailing the painstaking steps they took in building out this system. Goal was to have some nice bass along with some show appeal.

The goals for this project:

1. achieve a nice level of sound quality
2. Maintain an oem appearance on the interior and still maintain some usability in the trunk
3. obtain a elegant and class show factor in the trunk that goes well with the car

lets get started.

as with most 2gen IS installs, the signal source is the stock headunit and amp combo, the front stage is a set of Morel Elate 6.5" two way components installed in the stock location.

First, two sets of speaker wires were run into the doors, one for the midbass and one for the tweeter:

next, 7 blackhole tile sound proofing tiles went onto the outter door skin to help with resonance and backwaves:

the entire door was then treated with a combination of STP foam and CLD damper:

mounting/spacer baffles were match routed from the oem speaker assembly and coated with several layers of truck bedliner to protect them from the elements:

the baffle was then installed via the oem mounting points:

and the Elate MW6 midbass wired up and installed:

the same process was then repeated on the passenger side:

the oem tweeter mounting locations were disassembled, trimmed and the Morel MT250 tweeters fitted:

I mounted the mosconi bass control **** into one of the blank knockout panels next to the steering wheel, and recessed the LED within so it shines when the system is in operation:

next is a series of wiring pics as they travel from the front to the back of the car, ziptied to oem bundles every few inches

Old 12-29-13, 11:21 AM
silver750
Driver

25 pics maximum, see continued post

the proper signal wires from the oem amplifier was tapped and soldered, and the resulting speedwires were run to their location:

the rear deck lid was sound proofed and decoupled to the oem rear deck via focal blackhole BAM XXXL composite damper:

one other thing of note was that when the car came to us, it had a optima red top battery but the oem tie down was missing becuase it simply did not fit, so Joey fabricated a hybrid tie down/fuse holder for him that kills two birds with one stone:

here are a few fabrication pics of the tie down, incuding a shortning of the oem hook due to the shorter battery:

moving to the trunk, as mentioned before, the goal was to be stealthy and usable but have a touch of classy show car appeal when revealed, to that end, here is the view with everything covered up and the oem trunk mat after trimming, in place:

remove the carpet and here is what you see, a rear ward facing wall with a center cutout and a fake floor that matches the oem floor covers shape and location, not raised one bit: it also has a cutout in it:

pop off those covers and here is what you see, two Morel Ultimo SC10 10" subwoofers are facing rear ward, and a Mosconi AS200.4 powering the midbass and subs with 200 watts and near 1000 watts is lined up behind a AS100.2 sending 100 watts to the tweeters. all the components are trimmed with white vinyl and a black ring, matching the oem two tone appearance of the car's exterior, which is white with a custom finished black roof:

Old 12-29-13, 11:22 AM
silver750
Driver

Continue:

of course, this effect is much better viewed in the dark:

moving onto some build pics first, the subbox.

i first installed 5 rivet nuts into the metal cross member of the trunk that will serve to anchor the box:

then a piece of 3/4" mdf was bolted in place, and four threaded inserts was installed into it to hold the box in place, this spaces out the box enough so can be a normal trapezoid shape that butts up right against the backseat:

next the subbox that is roughly sealed 1.5 cubic feet was built to house the two morel 10s, with a center brace, the cutouts were painted black around the perimeter so no bare MDF shows after the trim panels are in place:

next, the front trim panel and trim ring was fabricated and test fitted to the subbox and subs:

they were then vinyled separately and attached together:

this is the front trim panel before and after carpeting, with the match routed plexi ring around the opening, led strips attached and black tape in place to prevent light leaking from the back end:

moving to the amp rack, first, four rivet nuts were installed into the metal, these, along with a bolt into the oem spare tier tie down slot, secures the main foundation platform board:

this is the amp trim panel and ring before and after vinyl, should be note that wrapping this thin ring without snapping it was fun

Old 12-29-13, 11:24 AM
silver750
Driver

this is the main top floor (forgot to take the bare mdf pic) after carpeting, and the same method of edge led lit plexi glass ring attachment:

and here are the two vented grilles before and after carpeting, they have to be very thin so they clear the trim rings around the equipment:

and finally, some wiring pics of what lies beneath the floor. showing the mosconi 6to8 DSP that controls the entire system, along with power and ground distribution:

so thats it. overall it sounds pretty good, tonality the new morels continue to entice me, very strong midbass with a good balance of detail and smoothness uptop. the oem locations yielded a pretty well center but a lil diffuse image, width is really good and depth is edge of the windshield at about 3-4 inches above the dash. traditionally for me it is hard to get really good bass response out of these cars, but this one does an admirable job at anchoring the low end of the spectrum. overall, pretty nice

Big shout out to SIS, these are guys who breathe, sleep, and eat audio. Their attention to detail is second to none.

Final steps of the car to come!
Old 12-29-13, 12:03 PM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Fantastic audio set up, and a sweet build for the car overall. Congrats man!
Old 12-29-13, 01:02 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

nice work on the audio...
Old 12-29-13, 01:46 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

damn that looks awesome! Loving the sound setup.

Quick Reply: Silver750's street build