Sooo its been quite a few months since ive had an update... i lost all motivation in this car months ago gave up... after nights upon nights of not being able to figure out why the damn car would only run on 3 cylinders, i got pissed and put a tarp over it in my shop so i wouldnt have to look at it . I looked over every aspect of that car and made a list of what it could be. i checked everything and came up with nothing. well after doing some research i realized that Dr. Tweak @ tweaked performance makes a universal wiring harness for the 1jzgte So i decided to give them a call and sure enough they had one made and shipped out to me in a matter of just a few days. as i was ripping out my factory fuse box and wiring harness i realized that my issue with the car running on 3 cylinders was due to the fact that at the fuse block i had a broken efi wire...
anyways, heres the tweaked harness. ! Ive heard nothing but amazing things about tweaked and i was 100% reassured when this harness showed up. it was nothing short of ****ING AMAZING!
each wire is wrapped and labeled for injectors/coils . and everything was cut to a proper length for tucking etc! for those of you who dont have a tweaked harness; i strongly suggest purchasing one if you're ever in the market for one!
Since this is a drift car i have most of my interior stripped out and didnt exactly have a good place to mount my ecu and the harness relays. luckily i didnt throw out my old glove box like i was going to, so i made good use out of it! I cut out the back of the glovebox and used velcro strips to hold my ecu/ignitor in place . and then used self tappers and tapped the relays into the glovebox also!
after i got the harness in i decided to remake my whole exhaust since my old one wasnt that great due to a friend making the angles way to sharp etc so it wouldve ****ed up the flow. so i picked up some more 3.5" 304l stainless and began to make my new downpipe.
All wrapped up and tapped for the wideband and factory o2!
As for the rest of the exhaust; i forgot to take pics of that but i'm changing a few things on it tomorrow so ill post some more pics of it later and continue with the rest of the other updates!
Sine the previous owner stripped out most of my wheel studs and lugs... It was time for some new goodies! ARP extended studs and new blox black chrome lugs
and for it being a old car i was actually extremely shocked as to how easily the old studs came right out.
After the studs were done i really needed some wheels so i called up a buddy and he let me borrow one of his spare sets so that i could potentially take this pig for a drive finally. these are 18x10.5 +15 and 18x9.5 +15 enkeis. and i didnt have any wheel spacers so they look super sunken lol. but hey , cant complain because i didnt have any wheels at all to toss on it.
since the wheels were on i wired up the push button and fuel pump for the new tweaked harness and sure enough, it fired right up first try... i couldnt believe it. the car has been out of commission due to work and lack of motivation previously. it was so over due for a quick rip up the road so i tossed some plates on it and had to give it a shot! heres the obligatory gas station pic.
heres a pic of the enginebay currently with the new turbo/downpipe etc
Lots of other updates coming up, just going to break these posts up so theyre not ridiculously over length