Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

My SC300 2JZGTE swap - Slow Build!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-13, 07:31 AM
TweakTech
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow that interior looks amazing!! Isn't it nice to start with such a clean car for a project!!
Old 11-27-13, 10:36 AM
Highway
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TweakTech
Wow that interior looks amazing!! Isn't it nice to start with such a clean car for a project!!
For sure man my only gripe is that the seats don't hold me at all. I hate thinking about replacing my original seats but I know one day I most certainly will. At least the driver side that is!
Old 11-29-13, 01:48 PM
Highway
Lead Lap

Well better weather was enuff for me to try my wheels even tho the tire sizes are big and fatty for a Z33 setup. Well confirmed too much rubbing and my suspension sucks. Have red springs on tocikio blues. These are 255/35/19 (19x9 +15) and 285/35/19(19x10 +15) gonna swap the 255's to the rear and get some 235/35's or maybe 225/35 but i'd like as much meat as possible. Also i'm def gonna have to get some coilovers. Need some neg camber with some fender work for sure. Going back to stockers for now
Attached Thumbnails My SC300 2JZGTE swap - Slow Build!-photo-6-.jpg   My SC300 2JZGTE swap - Slow Build!-photo-3-4-.jpg   My SC300 2JZGTE swap - Slow Build!-photo-2-4-.jpg  

Last edited by Highway; 12-12-13 at 07:19 PM.
Old 11-29-13, 02:44 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

The build has been coming along. Car looks good.
Old 11-29-13, 03:02 PM
Highway
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
The build has been coming along. Car looks good.
Thanks. I was not caring too much during the process but once I drove her with the new power train I was coming around. Now with the wheels i'm in love

Next up:
Body Kit (Front bumper, Side Skirts, rear bumper) Either Vertex style or Shine. Very different designs so this will be tough. I like the Aero on the Vertex style but i also like the gentlemen like style of the Shine
Coilovers Most likely Ksport of BC
suspension bushings, all associated stuff IE: toe rods etc..
Tires
Engine Bits Fan shroud, Electronic boost controller, Gauges (afr, oil press, boost, water temp, oil temp)
Bigger Brakes either Toyota supra front and rear or Something else

Open to suggestions all
Old 12-01-13, 09:35 AM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ohh wow car looks great good job
Old 12-03-13, 08:17 AM
Highway
Lead Lap

Thanks Kez just need some grip now so I can enjoy her
Old 12-03-13, 08:51 AM
TweakTech
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Highway
Thanks. I was not caring too much during the process but once I drove her with the new power train I was coming around. Now with the wheels i'm in love

Next up:
Body Kit (Front bumper, Side Skirts, rear bumper) Either Vertex style or Shine. Very different designs so this will be tough. I like the Aero on the Vertex style but i also like the gentlemen like style of the Shine
Coilovers Most likely Ksport of BC
suspension bushings, all associated stuff IE: toe rods etc..
Tires
Engine Bits Fan shroud, Electronic boost controller, Gauges (afr, oil press, boost, water temp, oil temp)
Bigger Brakes either Toyota supra front and rear or Something else

Open to suggestions all
I have the Shine Auto bumper on my car. LOVE IT! It fit PERFECT right out of the box. I would definitely go with BC dampers. I have HKS Hypermax's on my car right now and want to swap them out for BCs.
Old 12-03-13, 05:37 PM
Highway
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TweakTech
I have the Shine Auto bumper on my car. LOVE IT! It fit PERFECT right out of the box. I would definitely go with BC dampers. I have HKS Hypermax's on my car right now and want to swap them out for BCs.
Thanks. Shine does have a good rep even from my Z33 days. I always here good things about BC. The guys who finished the swap for me are a BC distrbitutor so most likely will go that route. Not looking to outright slam the car but looking for the flexibilty coilovers have.
Old 12-28-13, 02:02 PM
Highway
Lead Lap

Well what a gorgeous day 60 deg. weather and I couldn't resist. Car sat for a few weeks without a turnover. First try and she started right up. Now for then fun. Pull out and immediately notice the brake pedal is requiring a lot of push almost to the floor. Well I check fluid and everything looks level. I pump the brakes and I have good feel again. I run around the corner, residential rear with a lot of space for playing it safe. All feels ok. I then take it further and again fine. I bring the car back and bs. I then go back and again after the first hard brake it almost requires me to floor the pedal. Handbrake still worked. After those 2 incidents it went away completely. I then took her out to a little on ramp area and went through all the gears and fawker pulls hard 4 sure. But clearly getting smoke on decal after a nice boosted pull when coming to a stop. the obvious would be the turbo or I'm wondering if any of the lines could be leaking. Not really sure where to start. Doesn't smoke on startup or idle if I don't boost it hard. Motor sounds lovely. Oil temo looks ok but need all the aftermarket gauges to be sure. Also need to either suck it up and start a single conversion with custom exhaust setup or start the body and wheels. I can deal with the smoke for the time being 4 sure. Not horrible in any way, yet that is Not really digging the 19's. I feel like they just look too big on this chassis vs the Z and G or my GS for that matter. , Have to install my fender liner and need some sort of front Under panel which will also work with a aftermarket bumper. And back to the brakes again. I see L tuned has a kit with brackets and all but what about rear supra TT calipers? are brackets or any special hardware needed to install? as always all comments and tips appreciated.
Old 01-15-14, 06:42 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Swap turned out quite nice bro, I'm diggin the wheels too! looks pretty clean! congrats!

steve
Old 01-30-14, 05:29 PM
Highway
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lilSCsteve
Swap turned out quite nice bro, I'm diggin the wheels too! looks pretty clean! congrats!

steve
Thanks!
I should have listened to everyone who said swap to a single turbo before dropping the motor back in.. For my stubbornness I now have a smoke show after hard pulls and when coming to a complete stop after a good romping. Not unbearable but looking to go single this year for sure. the car is a weekend warrior so not a huge deal but to all who do a swap please listen to others who say get rid of the JDM twins. Loving the car even the way she is tho . clutch setup took a while to get used to and need bigger brakes but she starts quickly, idles lovely and doesn't smoke when just cruising round town.
Old 07-12-14, 12:01 PM
Highway
Lead Lap

Sold the AME's and slapped on these TSW's basically got these for free in the process. I actually love the feel of the setup as I wanted to lower in wheel size anyways. Now funded for the single swap. No HP goals just yet just want to get it running as it is now just with a new and clean turbo setup. So will need the following:

Manifold
Turbo
Wastegate
Bov
Turbo intake
single water neck
Turbo oil feed and drain lines
Custom piping etc..

As always suggestions much appreciated.
Highway
Attached Thumbnails My SC300 2JZGTE swap - Slow Build!-rearwithtsw.jpg   My SC300 2JZGTE swap - Slow Build!-rfrontwithtsw4.jpg  

Last edited by Highway; 07-13-14 at 06:18 PM.
Old 07-12-14, 12:36 PM
jimbow
Rookie

I like the new wheels.
Old 07-12-14, 12:47 PM
Highway
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jimbow
I like the new wheels.
Thx actually also a relief to run a less expensive wheel.

Quick Reply: My SC300 2JZGTE swap - Slow Build!