Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > SC Models > SC 400/300 > Build Threads
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

My SC300 2JZGTE swap - Slow Build!

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-25-13, 06:33 PM   #16
Highway
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 340
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwin View Post
if you use fan clutch and a 2jzgte fan blade you will be fine. The supra fan clutch is the same as the sc. The only difference is the fan blade itself. The 2jzgte fan blade sits further away from the engine and closer to the radiator.
Sweet thanks. I'd rather know for sure before finding out the hard way which has a habit of happening to me half the time..
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
__________________
2JZGTE powered SC300
Highway Riding!
Highway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-13, 09:29 AM   #17
drifterx27
Pole Position
Trader Score: (1)
 
drifterx27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NM
Posts: 321
Default

Get it done!
__________________

1995 Performance Motorsports SC300 809whp 6 speed | Billet 6765 | Custom CP Pistons | Manley H Beam Rods | ARP 625+ Rod Bolts | Titan Billet Main Caps | Ferrea 1MM+ Valves | PHR Oil Pump | ID2000 | Dual Walbro 485 | AEM EMS V1 | Custom Cams | GTE gasket | ARP Head/Main Studs | Crower springs/retainers | Boost Logic 3" Exhaust | TT Brakes | Supra Diff | TRD LSD | VVTi Coil | Boost Logic Turbo Manifold | Tial MVR | Tein Coilovers | Southbend Feramic clutch | My Build to 800+whp |
drifterx27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-13, 07:43 PM   #18
jwin
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (15)
 
jwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: tx
Posts: 1,423
Send a message via AIM to jwin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway View Post
Sweet thanks. I'd rather know for sure before finding out the hard way which has a habit of happening to me half the time..
I installed the 6 speed dampner and the sc fan hit everything. I installed the TT fan and it hits nothing. Put them next to each other you will see about a 1 inch of difference.
__________________
97 sc300 r154 .... NA-T coming soon.
jwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-13, 07:58 AM   #19
gambino19
Rookie
Trader Score: (1)
 
gambino19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: fl
Posts: 75
ganzi19
Default swap

im going to be using megan sc300 mounts , your stock mounts should work fine with the supra brackets, i plan on using bosch fuel pump, and electrical fans to save on room and engine drag, but gotta upgrade alternator.

also doing a build waiting on parts. do as much on the motor as you can while it is out of the car. easier to work on.....taking off those twins is a ***** i hear(while in the car) JIC you were plan on going single. gl with build bro I'm going to have alot of leftover parts so lmk if you need anything.
gambino19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-13, 08:09 AM   #20
hmhatch
Driver
Trader Score: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: PA
Posts: 121
Default

Do you know how to solder and read wiring diagrams? The wiring isn't that hard. Just time consuming. You could save yourself a chunk of change doing it yourself.
hmhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-13, 09:31 PM   #21
Highway
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 340
Default

Thanks jwin will consider for sure. Gambino might go custom twin or blitz nur spec single not sure yet. Hmhatch don't have the time or patients to wire and solder lol. The swap is gonna get done locally @ my main mechanic's garage so making it easy as possible is my main goal without working on it myself or with friends.
__________________
2JZGTE powered SC300
Highway Riding!

Last edited by Highway; 07-27-13 at 09:40 PM..
Highway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-13, 08:41 AM   #22
gambino19
Rookie
Trader Score: (1)
 
gambino19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: fl
Posts: 75
ganzi19
Default twins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway View Post
Thanks jwin will consider for sure. Gambino might go custom twin or blitz nur spec single not sure yet. Hmhatch don't have the time or patients to wire and solder lol. The swap is gonna get done locally @ my main mechanic's garage so making it easy as possible is my main goal without working on it myself or with friends.

custom twins would mean sick power i've only seen a few setups like that in supras....w/e you do sure you will love it....have you thought about upgrading the timing belt?
gambino19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-13, 12:01 PM   #23
Highway
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 340
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambino19 View Post
custom twins would mean sick power i've only seen a few setups like that in supras....w/e you do sure you will love it....have you thought about upgrading the timing belt?
Def getting all new belts. I meant custom twin exhaust setup but actually also strongly considering drift motion 2JZGTE TT upgrade . I'm thinking the torque would be a nice kick in the butt for sure.
__________________
2JZGTE powered SC300
Highway Riding!
Highway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-13, 03:31 PM   #24
good2go
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (6)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: ca
Posts: 1,574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway View Post
...
Competition clutch stage 4 for w58 new
...

Please chime in with any other recommendations ...
Isn't that WAAAY more clutch than that poor little W58 can handle? I always liked the thought of having a bit of a 'fuse' in there with a weaker tranny. That clutch isn't going to give her even the slightest bit of slack. I think this is one of those cases where overkill could actually be a bad thing.

.02
good2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-13, 07:48 AM   #25
Highway
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 340
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by good2go View Post
Isn't that WAAAY more clutch than that poor little W58 can handle? I always liked the thought of having a bit of a 'fuse' in there with a weaker tranny. That clutch isn't going to give her even the slightest bit of slack. I think this is one of those cases where overkill could actually be a bad thing.

.02
Hope not. In researching that seemed to be the clutch of choice. I'll be p^^sy footing it anyways until I can source a a R154 etc...

Still not installed as of yet tho..... Got me wondering if it is indeed overkill.
__________________
2JZGTE powered SC300
Highway Riding!

Last edited by Highway; 07-29-13 at 06:17 PM.. Reason: update
Highway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-13, 05:21 AM   #26
Highway
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 340
Default

Now just waiting on delivery of: sway bars, FMIC, motor mounts, spark plugs, fuel pump all new. Once the motor comes out then the new harness will be ordered. Anybody know where I can purchase new Supra OEM turbo return lines for the JDM TT setup?

Thanks in advance, Highway
__________________
2JZGTE powered SC300
Highway Riding!
Highway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-13, 06:18 AM   #27
gerrb
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (26)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: GA
Posts: 2,490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway View Post

Any swap tips greatly appreciated! Also any harness tips will also be greatly appreciated. Would love to tackle myself
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmhatch View Post
Do you know how to solder and read wiring diagrams? The wiring isn't that hard. Just time consuming. You could save yourself a chunk of change doing it yourself.
Since you said , you wanted to tackle the wiring yourself , I assume you can solder , read wiring diagrams. As hmhatch had mentioned , it is not really hard just time consuming. That will save you almost a grand right there and can use that money for other needs in your build.

You already have most of it on the GTE harness that came with the motor. You just have to extend those wires and merge the body plug / wirings from your SC. Clean it up by removing what you don't need on the two harnesses (GTE / SC)

Of course this you do if you are confident about your electrical skills. It is easy to fry components or torch that car with bad wiring.

Nice progress so far . I know that cost will keep on climbing so whatever you can do yourself will help you save a lot.

What exactly Supra OEM turbo return lines are you looking for ? Are these the hard lines ? I may still have those that have been taken out from my cars.
__________________
1996 Toyota Supra MKIV 3.4 Stroker 6 speed Targa / ProEFI 128
1994 Toyota Supra MKIV Built 3.0 6 speed HardTop / Haltech PS2000
1992 Lexus SC400 2jzgte Built 3.0 ATF A340e Auto / ProEFI 128
1997 Lexus SC300 2jzgte 3.4 Stroker 6 speed / AEM v2 - Under the Knife (1 of 120 5speed - Last Year of SC300 with Manual Transmission)
1993 Lexus SC300 2jzgte Built 3.0 ATF 4L80e Auto / ProEFI 128 - Under the Knife

gerrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-13, 01:17 PM   #28
Highway
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 340
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrb View Post
Since you said , you wanted to tackle the wiring yourself , I assume you can solder , read wiring diagrams. As hmhatch had mentioned , it is not really hard just time consuming. That will save you almost a grand right there and can use that money for other needs in your build.

You already have most of it on the GTE harness that came with the motor. You just have to extend those wires and merge the body plug / wirings from your SC. Clean it up by removing what you don't need on the two harnesses (GTE / SC)

Of course this you do if you are confident about your electrical skills. It is easy to fry components or torch that car with bad wiring.

Nice progress so far . I know that cost will keep on climbing so whatever you can do yourself will help you save a lot.

What exactly Supra OEM turbo return lines are you looking for ? Are these the hard lines ? I may still have those that have been taken out from my cars.
Not 100% sure. Please excuse my ignorance but i believe it is the turbo oil feed from the oil pan to the turbo. My motor is from an aristo front sump and swapping to rear sump. I've seen threads which mention the use of a supra tt oil return line but that might be the wrong terminology.

Thanks


Update:
Just got the late model MKIII motor mount setup as mine are in fact broken. Tanabe sway bars ordered, spark plugs and other little goodies.
__________________
2JZGTE powered SC300
Highway Riding!

Last edited by Highway; 07-31-13 at 05:49 PM..
Highway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-13, 10:05 AM   #29
Highway
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 340
Default

Motor out. Will try to tidy up the bay a little when and if time permits. I think i found some turbo lines from Titan but will buzz them monday to confirm if they can be used for TT setup. Getting pumped
Attached Images
 
__________________
2JZGTE powered SC300
Highway Riding!
Highway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-13, 05:38 PM   #30
gambino19
Rookie
Trader Score: (1)
 
gambino19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: fl
Posts: 75
ganzi19
Default nice progress

i cant wait till I'm there ....
__________________
follow my build
2jzgte sc400
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/buil...-progress.html
gambino19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-13, 05:38 PM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
2jz, 2jzgte, 300, build, civic, competition, gte, honda, lexus, motor, plugs, review, sc, sc300, spark, stage, swap, w58

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JADE - green gs300 build Grobg Build Threads 51 08-25-14 08:44 PM
Project Snail's Pace SCereal Build Threads 51 07-17-14 06:04 AM
First Drive: 2015 Nissan Micra Hoovey2411 Car Chat 12 05-20-14 11:24 PM
NA-T gurus in here please SCereal Performance & Maintenance 16 12-31-13 09:43 PM
NEW 2GS Coilover Option: Circuit Sports (14k/12k) Complete Review + Pics + Comparison wheelwh0re Suspension and Brakes 13 06-30-12 09:26 AM

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:07 AM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info