Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

My slooowww build thread. Take 2.

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-15, 12:41 AM
ashtray
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CatManD3W
Great work....those wheels may be a little to aggressive on the front depending tire size and may require a little pull but rear should be good with just a roll

I would do 18x9.75+20 with a 265 rear and 18x8.75 +20 with a 245 front

Honestly IMO a stock Aristo motor can be had for around $2500..they come with ECU an everything..will bolt right up to your W58 and with the Aristo ECU will convert car to OBD1...i.e easy tuning if decide to upgrage to single turbo later

With a few BPU's can have a reliable 300-350 hp car

It may be cheaper in the long run....and your car will run and drive like a factory car
Yeah I've always considered a swap. We'll see.
Old 03-12-15, 06:21 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

Got my rims on finally! DAMN it is aggressive haha but thats what I wanted. I for sure need to roll the fronts and rears and maybe a tiny pull in the front but nothing crazy. So far the Supra brakes are great, rims are great and the power steering hose line ain't leaking...yet.

Chilling with the NA-T stuff for now. Nothing new there.
Old 03-30-15, 05:19 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

Default Last mechanical update...for a very very long time

Finally got my car back from Lexus!!!

They did the clutch, pressure plate, pilot bearing, throwout bearing, rear main seal, rear trans output seal, polished some shaft, tranny fluid change, and new slave cylinder as per my request because thats what I thought was causing my issues in the first place. All this along with new Supra BBK, PHR stainles PS line, new rims and tires the car is driving beautifully. Lexus also detailed my car so she's looking shiny and feeling slippery.

School is keeping my head buried so no NA-T in any immediate future, like for the next 6 years realistically so I'll probably end up selling my stuff locally at meets piece by piece since I can't really ever find time to ship things these days. If and when I sell all that NA-T stuff, I'll probably just do more maintenance and leave the car stock forever. Decided to appreciate the car for what it is which is my daily driver/cruiser who is slow and looks great being slow. Might do some wide body work because I can't keep my hands off her but thats about it...plus my new wheels rub like a muhphuka

Over and out! back to studying

Last edited by ashtray; 03-30-15 at 05:21 PM. Reason: to add title
Old 04-15-15, 02:47 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

Good news! After dumping a $#!T heep of cash on this crap car...the starter went out AND! the radiator cracked and made a lovely mess everywhere : ) When it rains...it seriously ****ing pours with these cars..at least that is my experience. Through out this entire semester I've spent over 5k in repairs and parts and have to now spend more. I might just sell it to get my money back if I'm lucky to and get something new with a warranty.
Old 04-17-15, 08:29 AM
maynanator
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

That's some bad news; I feel your pain. It seems like stuff breaks in waves on older cars. I would say wait at least a week or two before you make a decision whether to sell or keep your car, that way you have time to weigh your options.
Old 04-17-15, 03:01 PM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by ashtray
Good news! After dumping a $#!T heep of cash on this crap car...the starter went out AND! the radiator cracked and made a lovely mess everywhere : ) When it rains...it seriously ****ing pours with these cars..at least that is my experience. Through out this entire semester I've spent over 5k in repairs and parts and have to now spend more. I might just sell it to get my money back if I'm lucky to and get something new with a warranty.
I would look at it like 5k worth of upgrades not repairs..........
Old 05-02-15, 11:32 AM
RotaSpinna
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sell everything, buy my LS1 swap stuff, and never worry about anything ever again Done.
Old 05-05-15, 10:55 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

those are pretty easy starter is 2 bolts and the radiator is well, just a radiator simply remove the old one and insert the new one and fill it up. I'll take your SC if you want to sell it after all that work =)
Throw a towel on the top of the motor and plastic bag up whatever electronics you can and wash the old coolant stuff down if you need to. just try to avoid spraying the valve covers.