Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Daviddddd's slowwwwww 93 sc300 build.

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-13, 12:51 AM
Davidddd
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daviddddd's slowwwwww 93 sc300 build.

Sorry that this is pic heavy! I just want to document everything I've done to the car

Hi my names is David! I'v been reading and lurking around for a while! My first car was a 2000 Honda Accord. I originally wanted a SC but I don't know why I went with the Honda Accord. It was an okay car. Great for getting to and from school. I eventually dropped it on FnF coilovers, front lip, and retrofit projects. I didn't want to get deep into it so I parted it out and sold it a while later. Here are some pictures of my old accord.

Now the story on my 93 SC! I was browsing for a while and one night came up on a new post. The owner posted this ad maybe 11pm at night and I hopped it on an hour later. Cash in hand (and a couple friends to tag along ) met the owner up in a public parking lot at 12.30 am in the morning. After test driving and inspecting the car the deal fell though and I drove home a 93 Sc300.

Car exterior was in great condition. I would say 8.5/10 (a lot better than what it is now ) Interior was a whole other story. I would give it a 3/10 Seats didn't move back and forth. Carpet was dirty. Leather all ripped up and ruined. 1/2 the floor mats were missing. Broken needles and backlight. Headlights were wired weird. And so was the cornering lights. Passenger window regulator wasn't working. Numerous of bulbs out. The sad part is I'm a short guy, maybe 5'4'', and he was a big guy. The seat was all the way back and I couldn't adjust it so I had to drive 50 minutes back to my city in a weird position

1993 Lexus SC300, Clean title, timing belt and waterpump done. Got the car at 155xxx now at 161xxx.

I got the car for 2k because I told myself these fixes are nothing I can't handle! I wish I had before pictures of the interior..

This is how the car looked like when I purchased it.

I removed all the decals and stickers, and boy were they stuck on good... one sticker left a permanent imprint on my rear bumper..

First things first, strip the interior.

Carpet all nice and clean!

New leather came in!

Rewired the headlights so they don't randomly shut off in the rain.

Headlight restore ofcourse!

I had some rims option but I chose to go with the BMW Style 95 because I got a good deal for them.

Stock height with rims ...

Got good deal for these Megan EZ from Sonic MS ! Thanks

Cut those damn things that chewed up my tires real good.

Got tinted with my girlfriends new c350!

Last edited by Davidddd; 03-26-13 at 01:10 AM.
Old 03-26-13, 12:53 AM
Davidddd
Pole Position

This is where things go a bit downhill. I don't know how but I found 3/4 of my wheels cracked the same way. I'm not sure if its because I ran a lot of camber and the tires were stretched to the point where the inner lip was a couple centimeters off the ground. But it did crack

Got them repaired and refinished by Memory Fab! They do good work if you need anything done to your wheels!

Then I brought it to this shop to balance my freshly refinished wheels and I didn't know they had balancer that touched the face of the rim. (I normally use the ones that has the cone to go in the center cap area)

I wanted to run bigger tires and 25mm spacers to make the wheel poke out more and they didn't quite fit. So.... Fender flare!

I wanted to try making my exhaust and welding for the first time so I did.. It didn't turn out to great but hey, it's my first time. Will eventually redo it sometime in the future. but for now it works..

and now the new rim teaser! purchased from a fellow CL member here.
Old 03-26-13, 10:14 AM
MXT4life
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What a good start to your build David. Need to see them new wheels already haha. Think I follow you on Instagram as well.
Old 03-26-13, 10:21 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

It is off to a good start. Do you have any pictures of the interior before you installed the new leather?

We love pictures on here, so fee free to post them ALL up!
Old 03-26-13, 10:24 AM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Nice build progress! Keep updating us!
Old 03-26-13, 09:22 PM
Davidddd
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MXT4life
What a good start to your build David. Need to see them new wheels already haha. Think I follow you on Instagram as well.
Thank you! and it will be revealed soon! Maybe this week

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
It is off to a good start. Do you have any pictures of the interior before you installed the new leather?

We love pictures on here, so fee free to post them ALL up!
I wish I still did. No pictures of the interior before.. but lets just say I found at least 9$ in change, some walgreen make up pallet, make up brushes, a wallet (nothing in it), and ton of old fries.....

Originally Posted by 1sWt2GS
Nice build progress! Keep updating us!
Thank you! and will do! Planning to have a complete swap by the end of this year!
Old 03-27-13, 02:43 AM
Davidddd
Pole Position

update on the exhaust! finished cutting down to my desired length. need to polish them up a bit and will be done!
Old 03-27-13, 10:32 AM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The tips are still that long? Maybe its the angle, but looks like they stick out too far for my taste.
Old 03-27-13, 10:52 AM
scott101
Pole Position

i like the 95s a lot. and i like the tips that length. theres a red sc widebody with a wing in chicago if i remember right that has some long tips but i like the way it looks. keep up the good work
Old 03-27-13, 02:30 PM
Davidddd
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lookEVO
The tips are still that long? Maybe its the angle, but looks like they stick out too far for my taste.
A lot shorter than before I tell you that! haha. Cut a good 15 inches off. I belive its at 3 1/2 inch at the moment.

Originally Posted by scott101
i like the 95s a lot. and i like the tips that length. theres a red sc widebody with a wing in chicago if i remember right that has some long tips but i like the way it looks. keep up the good work
Me too! I've seen that SC before. People were making jokes about how I should throw on widebody, front splitters, and a huge Gt wing!
Old 03-27-13, 04:57 PM
93Gotjuice
Pole Position

Great start david cant wait to see the new wheels
I love white sc!!!
In for updates
Old 03-27-13, 06:07 PM
Li Ls4
Lexus Champion

off to a great start. did u cut anything else other then whats pictured in the front wheel well to stop the rubbing/chewing. i need to do that also b4 i put my volks back on haha
Old 03-27-13, 07:47 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

As others have stated, off to a great start David! Hey, have you already relocated your wiring harness to your engine bay?

steve
Old 03-27-13, 11:49 PM
Davidddd
Pole Position

Wheels should arrive late this week or early next week! For the cutting thats the best I can do. Its flat with the inside of the wheel well. After that you have to tub to get more clearance. And yes ive relocated my harness haha. First thing I did before I even put my coils on. Just never got to document it down. Sorry I couldnt quote everyone im on mobile!
Old 03-29-13, 12:08 AM
Davidddd
Pole Position

Getting new coils soon! 18k 10k!

Quick Reply: Daviddddd's slowwwwww 93 sc300 build.