Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Deputy's Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-13, 01:39 PM
xHypnofish
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im jealous of your fresh paint...

You going to either of the spring BBQ's this year?
Old 04-03-13, 02:10 PM
deputy865
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xHypnofish
Im jealous of your fresh paint...

You going to either of the spring BBQ's this year?
I can try to.. Maybe some of the guys around here might want to make the trek down. We all live in or around Traverse City though, so it's quite the hall for a meet.

Got another teaser pic sent to me!

Been waiting to see how my front end was going to look. The front bumper looked soooo nasty, as you can tell from my pictures from a previous post.. So here is a quick snap of my fresh bumper and a little personal touch I asked my buddy to do for me. I had him paint the the fins inside the bumper black. (saw a white VW GTI with this done and I jizzed in my pants).. So I said "to hell with it" and went for it. I've never seen an SC with it done. Definitely love the way it turned out! He also cleared my fogs for me, that was all his idea.. Now I guess I have to hook them up and maybe throw something a little brighter in there...

Can't wait to see the bumper hung properly and all finished up. Falling so hard for my front end. Fresh bumper, debadged, black fins, lip and black FMIC

<3

Picture:

Old 04-03-13, 03:06 PM
xHypnofish
Driver

Looks good. Ive also been thinking about doing my fmic in black as wel so it would be cool to see how yours looks.

Also, I have some black seats if you want them. I noticed yours are kinda torn.
Old 04-03-13, 03:11 PM
deputy865
Driver

Looks good. Ive also been thinking about doing my fmic in black as wel so it would be cool to see how yours looks.

Also, I have some black seats if you want them. I noticed yours are kinda torn.
Yeah, torn is an understatement. They are trashed.

Fronts? Backs? Price?

Was thinking of making the move to racing seats to cut the weight... but I can't really say no to some black seats.
Old 04-03-13, 03:16 PM
xHypnofish
Driver

I have the fronts for like $75. i would trade you my black rear seats for your tan ones. But the rear seat has a tear on the top. I have some brides in the front so i was going to recover the back seats anyway.
Old 04-03-13, 03:25 PM
deputy865
Driver

I have the fronts for like $75. i would trade you my black rear seats for your tan ones. But the rear seat has a tear on the top. I have some brides in the front so i was going to recover the back seats anyway.
Wanna PM me some pictures of the black seats?

My rear seats are torn on top too.. Along the stitching. Probably in the same space your seats are torn lol
Old 04-03-13, 03:49 PM
xHypnofish
Driver

yeah, i can do that. I'll have to take some when I get home.
Old 04-06-13, 09:21 AM
deputy865
Driver

Finally got my car back and I am beyond impressed with the work done. I couldn't be happier. Minus a few little touch ups, a good wash and wax, the exterior on this car is almost perfect! The paint matched up perfectly and all of my personal touches and random things I wanted done turned out excellent. One happy SC300 owner here!

So here is a little before, during and after of everything that was done!

We'll start with the dent. Here the dent is, all dirty and gross like.

The dent washed up:

Dent pulled and sanded:

The dent primed and ready to rock:

Annnd how it looks now :

Next we'll look at the nasty swipe I had:

Here the swipe is repaired and sanded:

Primed and ready to go!:

Here is how it looks now!:

Now one of the only rust spots on the car:

Starting to get some love:

Gone, primed and ready for paint:

Final product:

Old 04-06-13, 09:31 AM
deputy865
Driver

Next we'll take a look at my bumper. It was spray bombed by the previous owner, not hung correctly and just a mess:

(ignore my rashed wheel.. need to get these fixed....)

Bumper pulled off and worked. Also got a nice surprise to see that my intercooler is actually a nice one! A lot bigger than I thought and a 4" core. This is also the last time you'll see it in it's original color!

Here is the bumper getting a little personal touch added of mine. Fins painted black!

Annnd here is how it looks now. Gotta be my favorite part about the car. Also painted the intercooler black!

Now we'll take a look at the back end. The back bumper was just as nasty as the front:

Getting sanded and worked a bit:

And here it is ready for some paint... notice anything missing? :

Dat ***:

(going to get myself a deck lip to take away from the roundness)

Old 04-06-13, 09:32 AM
deputy865
Driver

Some of you may remember my little headlight mod from earlier posts:

Well here is how it looks in the car:

Well, that concludes all the recent work I had done. First time I've ever had body work finished and my expectations were exceeded. Next up I'm gonna try to do the interior, few touch ups on some random spots, engine bay clean up, few more mods and of course tint, new wheels and lower the car!!
Old 04-06-13, 10:14 AM
93Gotjuice
Pole Position

Wow shane looks so much better =] keep up the good work.
How Much was your paint job, if u dont mind me asking?
Old 04-06-13, 04:27 PM
deputy865
Driver

Originally Posted by 93Gotjuice
Wow shane looks so much better =] keep up the good work.
How Much was your paint job, if u dont mind me asking?

Appreciate it, it's starting to come together.

For ALL the work done, $1,000.

Had some slight recent issues with the car.. After being so pumped up about this car after the body work and everything, I'd honestly have to say this little issue caused me some slight demotivation
Old 04-07-13, 02:37 PM
93Gotjuice
Pole Position

Originally Posted by deputy865
Appreciate it, it's starting to come together.

For ALL the work done, $1,000.

Had some slight recent issues with the car.. After being so pumped up about this car after the body work and everything, I'd honestly have to say this little issue caused me some slight demotivation
Wow that's cheap=D
what kind of issues?
Old 04-07-13, 04:35 PM
deputy865
Driver

Originally Posted by 93Gotjuice
Wow that's cheap=D
what kind of issues?
It's randomly shutting off and acting like it's not getting enough fuel/air..

I have a thread about it in the performance and modifications sections or whichever. Feel free to chime in, I need all the help I can get.
Old 04-10-13, 08:17 AM
deputy865
Driver

Only update as of recent. Car hasn't been running the greatest after I picked it up from the body shop .

Below is a bunch of info I sort of combined from my findings and other threads I posted.

I'll try to explain this the best I can. If you need ANY more information, just ask, I'll be around all day trying to find answers.

The issue:

The car stalls out on me. This first happened once on my way to work a few weeks ago. I started the car, started backing out of the driveway and my car killed itself. It didn't chug, sputter or anything. It just flat out died. It wouldn't start back up for me though, it took a few minutes of sitting there before it started. Once it started, it was good and never happened again until now.

I had JUST picked my car up from the body shop. Now, during its time at the body shop, the hood was left open and there was dust EVERYWHERE.. When my friend finished doing my body work and was driving the car around to wash it up and get it ready for me, he said it was running funky.. but sort of fixed itself and was fine.. So I got, pick it up... get it about 1/8th mile down the road and it starts hesitating and cutting out. It never stalled, but it definitely wanted to. A few times it would completely cut out, I'd give it some gas and it would come right back alive. I eventually pulled into a parking lot where it died on me and I couldn't start it and keep it running. Same thing, it would start, idle then cut out as if I shut the car off.

As I said, my hood was left open and if any of you have been in a body shop during sanding, there is A LOT of dust.. Playing off of that, the line that connects to my IACV is open, see image below. You can also see the amount of dust on my valve cover. Could I have just clogged/gunked up my IACV? Would this cause my issues? That line has some MAJOR suction when I first start the car up.

My AFR numbers seem right when the car was running, I can't say I was paying attention to them though when the car would start to hesitate. Though, when I'm sitting idle, the numbers will eventually work themselves pretty lean and stall the car our.

I'm pulling -20 vacuum wise, so I don't think I have vacuum leak.. though I will check anyway.

I also did the 12v mod (not sure if any of you are familiar?) to my fuel pump ECU. I was able to get the car home with absolutely no problems when I bypassed the fuel pump ECU, though, when I would plug it back in, the car would die. I've since left it unplugged.

I thought that would fix it, so I went to start my car up the other day.. had to jump it.. got it started, it idled for a bit, fell lean, started chugging and died.. I gave up at that point.

Any ideas? I haven't done anything yet, but I've searched the problem to find a few threads, but they were left dead ended. Most of these people went and replaced a bunch of parts all for it to not work out (fuel pump, fuel filter etc), so I'm trying to avoid that. Some were able to fix the issue with just bypassing their fuel pump ECU, which seemed like that worked for me... but I was wrong.

So far on my list I'm thinking of the following:

Clean IACV
Clean TB
Change spark plugs (mine are old and need to be replaced anyway, wondering if one finally failed on me?)

A member of SupraForums made a comment that it might be my ECU, below is what I found

So is it my ECU?

Got home, ran right to my ECU.

Unplugged it, found water pooled in one of the plugs in the ECU. You can kind of see the water and that teal color where water was...

Also there was some water along this edge:

This side is clean:

Also had some of this white nonsense around some parts:

Annnnd then the grand finale:

Safe to say I found the problem? I'm not even sure how water even got in the plugs? My ECU sits under the passenger floor mats, under the carpet. Maybe when the car gets washed/when it rains.. which it has had happen recently?

Would getting this rebuilt by Driftmotion for $60 do it for me, or is this worse, do I need an all new ECU?

Thanks for input!

Last edited by deputy865; 04-10-13 at 12:43 PM.