Some decent progress last night
Installed this little bastard to start things off
Then slid my welded timing gear on. Had to install some new keys too. I figured this just slid on.... not so much lol
Then onto my new waterpump and o-ring. Also slid on my little timing belt keeper and installed my belt tensioner. Got lucky and had some brand new bolts lingering around that fit!
PHR Timing Belt Tensioner on and new bolt. It's a shame this gets covered up; it's a really nice looking piece.
Started the process of torquing my cam gear pulleys down and had some trouble getting my exhaust cam to turn. Turns out, a shim fell out, so I had to remove the cam, fix and reinstall. Got that taken care of, set my cams to TDC and then my crank to 1 tooth before TDC (tip I was given?) and then slid my timing belt on. I didn't pull the pin yet on anything as everything I was basically doing today was pretty much a mock up. I'll go through everything important to insure it's good, then pull the pin.
I finally got the exhaust housing to my turbo (with v-band welded on) in the mail as well as my fixed and corrected exhaust manifold and wastegate dumptube. Both turned out great and are way better than before (I also sent these back to be fixed). I told myself I wouldn't install everything until it was 100% ready to go on.... buuut I couldn't help myself and did it anyway.
Now, I still need to get a new power steering pump and alternator. I then decided I would get myself one of those new fancy PHR billet pulley sets (in black of course). I also need to get my valve covers coated black, as well as my turbo housing, downpipe, dumptube and my exhaust manifold redone. Final product is going to look AMAZING! However, here is a teaser for now.