Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

Lexus GS300 Build

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-13, 07:21 PM
2Wheelin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus GS300 Build

What's going on guys. I am currently new to ClubLexus world and I am currently looking to get everything i need for my build. I have a 2001 Lexus GS300 and looking to do a 2jzgte vvti swap in there converted to a single turbo. I know what parts I will be investing in such as turbo, manifold, fuel pump, injectors, piping, intercooler and etc. I also know the automatic trans can only hold up to 400hp which I will be getting tuned for 450 daily driver.

I know I can do 450 as a daily driver and be okay if I baby it and I also know sooner or later the trans will eat ****. So what I am looking to do is do the swap single turbo and get another trans on the side and build it in the meantime. So reliability shouldn't be an issue for me until I'm done with the built trans. My main concern is if anyone that has done the 2j swap or knows someone who has, and what ALL will I need to have a reliable 500hp GS300 automatic. Im looking to do it right the first time as well as making it cost sufficient as possible which means any help such as harness or the tach relocation on the year of this car as well would be grateful to my build.

I am doing my build at my buddys shop in VA so parts and labor I really don't have a issue for the only thing i just need help is on the swap itself in a 2001 Lexus GS300. From what I've read some people say theres been issues with the tach wire, or VSC which of course they don't offer that in JDM swap. But its small issues like that I would love to know EVERYTHING i need to for my GS so i can make my build easy as possible and anything would help guys. Once again i really appreciate any help i can get and I can keep you guys posted on the build. I normally don't get on here on a daily basis so if you are grown and helpful enough to email me that would be really appreciated and if need be i can get good prices on parts from my buddys shop as well in return so let me know.

Ztec954@gmail.com or text 804-539-9601