Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

My 93 SC400 Project

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-13, 03:29 PM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sell me your stock front lip if you take it off!
Old 02-27-13, 06:12 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks clean, congrats
Old 02-27-13, 07:12 PM
marvabetic
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info aeO 37! I just assumed it was all the same cause it was from AIT racing. I'll have to look up picks of the Vertex sides cause the ones that I have look a lot like the AC ones. @over4drive, as for my dash cluster, the lights are wearing down. I plan to get them sent in to get them upgraded to LED's. My climate contol was realy bad but I swapped the face off a 95 or 96 unit. Once I send in my correct face I will have a complete 95/96 climate control unit for sale with a good screen if anyone needs one. As for rims, I think the BBS LM's syle compliment the car really well. Since my wife is also gonna be driving it I don't wish to invest in some real ones. Although I have been eyeing some gold Work rims but I know she'd just kill them. @lookEVO, I probobly would sell it but my wife cracked right corner of it where it meets the inside of the bumper. I could take a pick and if its fixable and you want it let me know. I'll try to also sneak some picks of the bodykit test fitted on the car before it goes into paint. If I have time and money after I might try to do my LS400 brake upgrade as well.
Old 03-05-13, 02:09 PM
marvabetic
Rookie

Since the bodykit is being fitted as we speak I decided to clean up the headlights a little bit. I decided to buy a Meguiar's heavy duty headlight restoration kit. It came with a hand sander with 2 types of sand paper, polish, UV protectant, microfiber cloth, and a buffing attachment for a power drill. Not bad for $24 at Walmart. My headlights didn't look too bad before hand so the after results don't seem so drastic. Still it's good enough for me not spend over $700 to buy a new oem set. Here are some before and after shots.
Attached Thumbnails My 93 SC400 Project-lftheadlampbefore.jpg   My 93 SC400 Project-lftheadlampsideafter.jpg   My 93 SC400 Project-comparisonf.jpg   My 93 SC400 Project-highbeambefore.jpg   My 93 SC400 Project-highbeamafter.jpg  

Old 03-12-13, 10:22 AM
marvabetic
Rookie

Default Update

Here's an update regarding fitment issues with the Ait Racing bodykit. The overall fitment of the bodykit is decent for what you pay for it. The front bumper fits pretty good but the detail of it was pretty bad. The cut outs for the highbeam lamps were a little off but I didn't care to have my body guy modify them. Also there was a low spot in the middle of the bumper(where the license plate goes)where we had to add filler and reshape so it wasn't flat. The bumper out of all the parts was very thin and seemed very fragile. I have bought fiberglass bumpers from Wings West and Andy's Autosport for my old Acura Integra back in the days. Both of these bumper kits were so much thicker. When the bumper was primered we were able to spot a lot of cracks and places where you can see pinholes threw the entire kit. The side skirts were another story. The Ait ones I have aren't sold anymore by them. Which I am glad cause the fitment is horrible. The interior of the skirt that is supposed to mount up to the door gap was way off. It had to be cut off so the skirt can be mounted properly and reglassed on. The width of the skirt was also off. It didnt matter which way it was mounted neither front or rear quarter panels fit. The skirt had to be cut, widened, and reglassed. My body guy molded the skirt to the fender because it woulda looked so bad if he didn't. I'd have to say that my neighbor did a real good job. I did have to pay a little more for the labor but it wasn't anywhere near as much as if I had to order some new Shine Auto skirts. He also molded the rear lip cause the fitment was also a little off. If it wasn't for the kit being free and the labor cost being low I would say to not even think about buying this brand kit. I'd say to just save for at least something along the lines of a Shine Auto if you like the AC style look. The extra labor alone from a bodyshop would make up the cost difference of the more pricey kit.
Attached Thumbnails My 93 SC400 Project-rightskirtinside.jpg   My 93 SC400 Project-rightskirtmolded.jpg   My 93 SC400 Project-leftskirttest.jpg   My 93 SC400 Project-leftskirtinsidemolded.jpg  

Last edited by marvabetic; 03-12-13 at 10:29 AM.
Old 03-14-13, 01:15 AM
ShiftyD2k
Lead Lap

Nice! this SC remind my car when i pick it up that how she look like stock lol.

Time swap Black interior on white SC look sweet!

what your spec size rims/tire?

here's Starfire pearl white

Last edited by ShiftyD2k; 03-14-13 at 01:20 AM.
Old 03-14-13, 09:15 AM
marvabetic
Rookie

Nice pic of your car clean SC! Looks good with the painted window visors. I like the color as well. My buddy who sold me the car also mentioned he was thinking about painting the car IS pearl white. Which is Starfire Pearl right? As far as paint color goes for my car I choose to keep it DWP. I couldn't afford to pay the extra for Imola Red. My car is painted and is being put back together soon as I will post pics. If you don't mind me asking, what method did you use the wire the 97 fog lights into your system? I am brainstorming how to do mines. For my wheel setup on the Gold Linea's were 19x8.5F + 15 and 19x10R +20. Tire size is 215/35F and 245/35R. My new setup on the silver reps are slightly smaller in the back. 19x9.5R +20. Not as much poke in the back and I had to keep the same tire 245/35(cause I had just bought them and im broke) so the stretch doesn't look as nice. I'm thinking about saving up for some nice rims for next year if I don't work on my GS400 or Turbo II.
Old 03-14-13, 12:09 PM
mikevandam
Driver

It looks really good now! What are the specs on your tires? They look awesome
Old 03-18-13, 04:14 PM
marvabetic
Rookie

Finally got my car back this past weekend. Took a few pics to post up for an update. Rims are still dirty but oh well. Paint came out pretty good with a few imperfections that my paint guy will fix. The rear wing is off a little bit and will need to be refitted due to it being made improperly. All in all he did a great job. Especially on molding the skirts, rear lip, and fixing the cheap parts of the kit. Hopefully if I find a set of 97 Fogs on the classifieds I can get them on and have this car finished. If anyone has a decent pair for sale let me know. Maybe then I'll ask my buddy with a DSLR camera to take some nicer shots of the car.
Attached Thumbnails My 93 SC400 Project-dscf0130q.jpg   My 93 SC400 Project-dscf0133wl.jpg   My 93 SC400 Project-dscf0136b.jpg   My 93 SC400 Project-editnq.jpg  
Old 03-18-13, 04:44 PM
93Gotjuice
Pole Position

Where did you get your wing from. I want one=] and also if you can shoot me your friends number. I might need some work on a lip of mine. Hence you said he charges cheap lol.
If you can pm me that would be awesome.

Car is so much Better now
Old 03-18-13, 09:03 PM
aEO 37
Pit Crew

Looks great. Did you get the whole car repainted or just the kit?
Old 03-18-13, 09:08 PM
marvabetic
Rookie

Thanks aEO! I had the whole car repainted in DWP. I did leave the rear windshield spoiler(which I haven't installed back) black.
Old 03-19-13, 06:19 PM
V8drummer
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks great, what are you lowered on?
Old 03-21-13, 06:50 PM
marvabetic
Rookie

I'll have to double check what brand springs they are. They came with the car. I believe their Apexi or Tanabe. I'm probably gonna get air ride next year so I'm saving and doing research on it. Worst comes to worse I'll just put some BC Racng coilovers on her!
Old 03-22-13, 09:32 AM
skirts
Lead Lap

Looks really good! The spoiler looks great also.

Quick Reply: My 93 SC400 Project