Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Wanting to buy sc300 need advice@@!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-13, 11:47 PM
adrnljnkie
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Wanting to buy sc300 need advice@@!!!!

Hi everyone, im new to this site and needing advice on project im trying to get, all the help i can get is appreciate it

ok here it is, im interested in buying a 94 sc300 with an auto transmission, unknown status of transmission, owner says the motor has a bad knock, the paint is faded, front seats ripped no door panels, suspension status also unknown, this whole premium package for $900 obo lol

what you guys think of the deal?

and here is where im going with this if i buy it i would like to see what i need to get to turn it into a manual transmission and is it recommended to rebuild the motor or should i get another motor, and a list of needed parts needed would be appreciated it also

at this point cosmetics is not an importance/and also if you guys have info on websites where to get motor and tranny

overall this project would be for a street/drag car

thxs ahead of time guys
Old 02-23-13, 07:55 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I would offer him 500 or less with a rod knock. If you cant drive the car, even with the rock knock to check the drive ability, shifting, sway, clunks, unusual noises, it might be over your head in the $$$$ department. I would buy another motor from a reputable source and replace it. The manual transmission, of course is doable, but somewhat costly. The W58 are a dime a dozen, but the R154 are getting harder to find. Trying to locate the pedals are even harder unless you buy new from Driftmotion. If a drag car is what you are after, the rest is usually no worries.
Old 02-23-13, 08:23 AM
adrnljnkie
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thxs "1JZPWRD" for your help would you suggest buying the same 2jzge motor?? because later down the road i would like to turbo the car if i do happen to get it.