Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

My 2jzgte swap

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-13, 08:18 PM
vbieds
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally got them off, had to take off the entire manifold. Ported and polished the front replacement turbo wastegate. Now to fight to put them back on... Thanks for the help Meyagi.

The rear turbo had oil leaking out the backside of the inlet when I took it off. Thanks for all your trouble shooting guys. I think im going to replace both turbos, though the front replacement has a hairline crack near the wastegate.
Old 04-06-13, 03:06 PM
Meyagi
Driver

crack wont affect anything. subaru sti oem turbos crack and it never has been an issue
Old 04-06-13, 08:49 PM
vbieds
Driver

Thanks. Yea, got the car back together today, runs like a dream! stiff, direct boost on wot. Feels great. Big difference over the stock ge. No stalling, black smoke or anything. So, after the gte swap, turbo replacement, port and polish, and ecu replacement, the car is back together. I still haven't taken it out, just feeling it out for now. Thanks to all for your help.
Old 04-07-13, 09:13 PM
vbieds
Driver

Old 04-08-13, 01:37 PM
SiCcNeSs
Rookie

Nice, glad everything worked out for you.
Old 04-08-13, 01:48 PM
KeyKeeper
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

this makes me want one with a quickness lol
Old 04-08-13, 02:57 PM
PROSTAR
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

good work man
Old 04-08-13, 04:24 PM
vbieds
Driver

Thanks guys I appreciate it. just glad she's finally running and back in one piece. Taking off the turbos was no joke.

Just an update: I followed Meyagis advice on porting the front wastegate. I did get it ported and polished before reassembly. My boost is a consistent 12 lbs with no spike.

Last edited by vbieds; 04-08-13 at 04:32 PM.
Old 04-08-13, 09:25 PM
Meyagi
Driver

controllable boost ftw. im not looking forward to pulling my turbos to go single i can tell you that.
Old 04-14-13, 03:07 PM
vbieds
Driver

Originally Posted by Meyagi
controllable boost ftw. im not looking forward to pulling my turbos to go single i can tell you that.
Hahahah. Good luck! I may have to pull these off. Im getting a bit of smoke after wot decal. I think these seals may be on the way out. Im going to send these off to be rebuilt. Probably.
Old 04-15-13, 08:45 AM
2jS160
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

^ It's always best practice to do all the routine maintenance on the clip especially the rebuilding of the turbos before the swap. You never know how the previous owner maintained their motor and how long it has been sitting at the junk yard. Turbo seals and HG failure is the most common issue.
Old 04-15-13, 05:00 PM
vbieds
Driver

Originally Posted by 2jS160
^ It's always best practice to do all the routine maintenance on the clip especially the rebuilding of the turbos before the swap. You never know how the previous owner maintained their motor and how long it has been sitting at the junk yard. Turbo seals and HG failure is the most common issue.
You should've told me this two months ago, lol
Old 04-15-13, 06:21 PM
Meyagi
Driver

Originally Posted by vbieds
Hahahah. Good luck! I may have to pull these off. Im getting a bit of smoke after wot decal. I think these seals may be on the way out. Im going to send these off to be rebuilt. Probably.
thats probably valve seals, which is also common. my brothers 1jz swap has the same issue
Old 04-17-13, 05:53 AM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 2jS160
Its funny you say that and what you say is true and add valve stem seals, crank pulley to the list.
Old 04-30-13, 05:41 PM
vbieds
Driver

So, after messing with this bolt and not being able to pull it off, off to the dealer the car went. They were able to torch it out. So after they inspected the engine, because it was leaking oil with an intermittent oil level light coming on, they found the cam shaft seals, front main seal, as well as rear main all leaking. I also had them replace the valve covers while they were in there. The oil pump was on its last leg, so that was swapped out. I also let them do the timing belt, water pump and thermo that I had bought while they were in there.

So, all in all, im glad I ponied up the money to take it to the dealer, I don't think I would have been able to tackle all of that with my schedule. Thank you overtime!!

Quick Reply: My 2jzgte swap