Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2JZ SC300 Rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-13, 02:08 PM
drifterx27
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I found this, but it looks to be a sprung hub and so I couldn't use it with my Dual Mass Flywheel.

http://www.suprastore.com/clmatosumk6p.html
Old 04-19-13, 02:11 PM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Do you already have your Spec disc?

If you do! Call Southbend and talk to Andy and tell him you want him to repad you spec disc and just buy a new Pressure from them and you good to go.

The six puck feramic will hold alot of power and they can even the setup with your Flywheel and tell you what combination work the best.

That will save you a couple hundreds !
Old 04-19-13, 02:25 PM
drifterx27
Intermediate

Thanks for talking to me on the phone.

Southbend was closed when I called them, so I will have to wait until Monday. But getting the Spec repadded with Feramic material would be a very cost effective option. And then I could get rid of the Spec pressure plate and use one from Southbend. I will have to wait until Monday and see what happens. I will update the thread with prices when I find out.
Old 04-19-13, 02:32 PM
AZTurbo
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Great build!
Old 04-19-13, 07:31 PM
jwin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I price them already and it's very reasonable. It's 150 to upgrade your pressure plate and 275 to repad a full face disc with feramic. I could be off with the price by 20-40 bucks.
Old 04-23-13, 04:24 PM
drifterx27
Intermediate

Update:

After much deliberation, I decided to order a new Southbend clutch for the car. It will be a 6 puck made of Feramic material, and their own pressure plate. This setup will be good for around 800whp, so we will see what happens.

I had sent out my flywheel April 8th with USPS and it still hasn't been delivered to the shop in Texas to get resurfaced. The package was lost as of right now, and so I am waiting to see what happens there. Gay.

The fittings I ordered have shown up, and they look so nice. The steel braided hose looks outstanding. This PTFE hose will do the job just fine. I think the silver fittings with black line will look sick.

AN Braided Stainless Steel Lines

I put the 3 fittings on the catch can to make sure they are the right angles I need, and I made the right choice.

1 x Stainless Steel Line Straight Adaptor, -10 AN Silver
1 x AN Straight Union, -10 AN Silver
10 x PTFE Braided Stainless Steel Lines, -10 AN Black, per ft.
1 x AN Nut, -10 AN Silver
3 x Stainless Steel Line 90° Adaptor, -10 AN Silver
2 x Stainless Steel Line 60° Adaptor, -10 AN Silver

So now I am waiting for my weld-on -10 an fittings to show up and then I can have the valve covers welded with them. Excited!

Last edited by drifterx27; 01-20-14 at 02:09 PM.
Old 04-30-13, 07:12 PM
drifterx27
Intermediate

Update:

The Southbend 6 puck clutch Feramic (K16093-SS-X-DMF) is here. And it looks awesome. Compared to the Spec I had, this clutch looks a bit more robust. And the weld on -AN fittings came in, so I will take the valve covers tomorrow to get welded.

USPS still can't tell me where my old flywheel is, so I ordered a brand new one. So that will come in eventually. I will probably need some help with the clutch install. The V160 is different than any other transmission I have ever done. Using snap rings and stuff. Either way, this is the last thing I will need to do before the engine goes in the car, besides soldering some wires for the injectors. So close, so very close.

Last edited by drifterx27; 04-22-14 at 09:12 AM.
Old 04-30-13, 08:16 PM
jwin
Lexus Test Driver

how much was that southbend clutch? I wanted to go with the full face feramic clutch hopefully the engagement will be like stock.
Old 04-30-13, 08:21 PM
drifterx27
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jwin
how much was that southbend clutch? I wanted to go with the full face feramic clutch hopefully the engagement will be like stock.
I paid $665 shipped. I thought about going full face, but the 6 puck would be better for drag racing. The Spec I had was the worst for daily driving but I was still able to do it. The feramic material allows for a bit more slip at launch so I think it will be a better daily clutch and hold power for drag events.
Old 05-01-13, 12:55 PM
andy2o3
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

such a nice rebuild. I want to do that to mine eventually.
Old 05-01-13, 01:26 PM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice man!

You will love that Clutch i promise you.

I've used those ptfe lines before and they are pita to work with lol , I bought mine from Induction Performance.

They don't like sharp bends, you have to use a 90/75/45* fittings to make the bends.

And it used special fittings, and brass collar that you have to replace everytime the take the fitting of the line.

Looking great man keep the pics coming.
Old 05-06-13, 03:06 PM
drifterx27
Intermediate

Update:

So I installed the rear main seal and the new flywheel. I will try to get the clutch assembled with all those damn snap rings. Then get the transmission installed onto the engine. I also have to press in the solid shifter bushings, remove/solder the injector wire and resistor, then build injector connectors the with the ID connectors. I hope to have the engine ready to be installed by thursday. I will then have to try to install the motor this weekend or when I get a chance.

Also dropped off the valve covers to Sharp Hydrographix on friday, and I have to drop off the front cover today. Hope to get those back soon. Very close now. Gonna have to talk to Cam to see if he can modify my tune so I can drive for a few hundred miles before getting a real tune.

Also ordered a TRD oil cap, wait till you see the valve covers. The cap will offset it nicely.

Old 05-07-13, 07:40 PM
drifterx27
Intermediate

Update:

Completed the clutch assembly yesterday night. Installed it this morning. Transmission is installed. Removed the injector resistor pack and soldered the wires to the 12v source. Installed the Injector Dynamics connectors. So everything is done on the motor essentially. I had to go to Toyota to order some bolts for misc. things. But it won't stop me from installing the motor. I have some friends coming over tomorrow to help install the motor into the car. I also sent Cameron the cal files for adjusting the tune for the car.

I do need one thing from anyone willing to help. I need a press to remove the old shifter bushings from the triangle for the transmission, and then press in the solid bushings. Anyone have a press? Eugene???

Old 05-07-13, 08:17 PM
smiley954
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice ride
Old 05-08-13, 01:05 PM
drifterx27
Intermediate

Update:

Got the Mark's Engineering solid shifter bushings installed by Racefab. I really need to buy a vice grip.

Friends are on their way now to help install this motor.

Quick Reply: 2JZ SC300 Rebuild