Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Let me know before you post that dli for sale

Shane
Old 10-23-14, 09:47 PM
drifterx27
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Cleaned up the car. Going to be changing out the oil, fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator, and headlights tomorrow. I've been having a fuel pressure issue. I changed out one of the fuel pumps yesterday and swapped positions in the tank to see if the pressure was fixed. It wasn't. So I will change out the Aeromotive A1000 regulator and Aeromotive fuel filter as the filter has never been changed. The headlights are being swapped out to JDM Soarer lights that I had professionally modified with bixenon projectors. They looks so clean and were expensive. They will help on my drive to NJ next week. I also had the rear tires changed to Mickey Thompson Street Comps and sold the Nitto NT05R's that I had before.

I am selling my stock headlights. So pick them up if you want a very clean set.

Tire photos were before I cleaned the car

Also had my valve covers redone, since the coating was chipped all over the place.

Last edited by drifterx27; 10-23-14 at 09:52 PM.
Old 10-24-14, 04:47 AM
aswang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Your SC is looking great, have a fun and safe drive to NJ!
Old 10-24-14, 05:18 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Really Nice ! Every time I see engine bays like yours using stock intake manifold and making over 500rwhp, the idea of trying an NA-T setup keeps bugging me to be honest .

Should be fun on a long trip to NJ ... be safe !
Old 11-06-14, 02:37 PM
NOLAGG
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just read the whole thing.any updates ?
Old 11-06-14, 03:47 PM
drifterx27
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NOLAGG
Just read the whole thing.any updates ?
Yeah things are going on. The car did fine on the drive to NJ. Averaged 22mpg. Took the car yesterday to E Shift and tried to figure out what's going on together. I have 2 cousins that work there. They put it on the dyno and there wasn't anything that could be determined on there. It's been breaking up past 12psi on 91 octane which is super weird. The only thing I did before I left NM was pull the injectors to clean them. I installed brand new coil packs on Monday and still doing the same thing. E Shift is thinking either my injectors are clogged, since #1 n #6 both sounded different to the others. Or my AEM EMS injector drivers are going bad and I will need a new EMS. I pulled the injectors and sent them out to injector dynamics to get cleaned properly. I'm hoping they find some gunk and get it all clean.

But since I am moving to England for 4 years. I might leave the car with E Shift for a little to get some work done on the car. Send the v160 out to Jack's Transmission to get upgraded, and install a twin plate clutch are on the list. Among other things.
Old 11-06-14, 08:22 PM
SSmith
Instructor

ProEfi Andrew and end all your management problems. That's what I'm going to and my car is going strictly to E85.

Shane
Old 11-06-14, 08:39 PM
drifterx27
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SSmith
ProEfi Andrew and end all your management problems. That's what I'm going to and my car is going strictly to E85.

Shane
I'd like to do proEFI. But can't really justify the price as of right now. Rather get the trans n clutch beefed up and get the ignition going good again, with minimal cost. I have the LQ9 coils n Mojo harness. I may have E Shift do the intake manifold conversion then install the LQ9's. Then no more spark issues.
Old 05-03-18, 05:34 PM
drifterx27
Intermediate

Long time ago, in a country far far away...

Well I've been out of the country for a couple years doing military things, visiting the states every now and again. I'm coming home to take care of my mom and at the same time move forward in the next evolution of the SC. Just ordered a RPS twin plate, FSM intake manifold, and will get the LQ9 coil packs installed as well. The car has several oil leaks and the turbo had pooped itself from the car sitting and being used whenever I was home to use it. I sent the turbo out the last time I was home and had Precision upgrade it to their newest ball bearing design, and so it's waiting for me to install when I return. Car is still far from fixed up. But at least with the manifold and coil packs upgraded I should be able to boost around again.

While I've been gone, I had purchased a stock S14 Silvia from Japan. Did a boatload of upgrades to it, and tracked it at Snetterton Race Course.

After getting rid of the Silvia and sold my C5 Z06, I bought a R32 GTR. It is modded with upgraded twins and a lot of supporting stuff. These other cars pretty much diverted my money away from the Lexus.

I am in need of GTE valve covers if anyone has some for sale.

Last edited by drifterx27; 05-03-18 at 05:42 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Barbary (05-11-22)
Old 05-20-18, 07:07 AM
drifterx27
Intermediate

Ordered the MAP 2JZ coil pack brackets. They arrived as well as the RPS clutch. Will be dropping the car off to First State Motorsports to have them do the clutch, front n rear main seal, probably fix the exhaust, and install the coil packs too??

Old 10-24-18, 02:55 PM
drifterx27
Intermediate

Went from skinny jeans to a 3 piece suit

Last edited by drifterx27; 10-25-18 at 08:02 AM.
Old 04-09-19, 06:26 PM
drifterx27
Intermediate

Update:

Been daily driving the Lexus and ordered some BBS wheels from Japan in November. They arrived in March.. Car currently has 15mm spacers on the front and I have 10mm spacers to try out. Turbo has been leaking oil and so I sent it to Precision, and they said it shows no signs of an issue. That it could be a crankcase ventilation issue and that the turbo looked pristine, but they are going to refresh the turbo anyway. I also sent out the AEM V1 to get updated by a company in California, so I'm hoping my breaking up issue when in boost is fixed, since I have LQ9's and a super tight gap on the plugs. If that doesn't do anything I will replace the distributor next, and if that does nothing, I have an AEM Infinity I was going to use on my GTR that I can just put in the SC. Also installed a TRD strut bar.

18x9/18x10 +37 w/25mm spacers on the front. Stock in the rear

Oil being pushed past the heat shield

Last edited by drifterx27; 04-09-19 at 07:04 PM.
Old 04-10-19, 06:19 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Received 1,196 Likes on 830 Posts

It's just, so, clean! The car looks fantastic - great to see it getting some love.
Old 04-10-19, 12:33 PM
SSmith
Instructor

Somebody needs to clean there engine bay !!!!

Shane
Old 04-10-19, 02:19 PM
drifterx27
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SSmith
Somebody needs to clean there engine bay !!!!

Shane
Yeah I know. I polished the turbo housing. Still need to do some other pipes and use some polishing compound in the engine bay paint. Still waiting for parts to return so I have a reason to do things.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2JZ SC300 Rebuild