Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Supra Clones Build

Old 01-20-13, 06:08 PM
supraclone
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supra Clones Build

Ok, drive train done all but rear end. 1jzpwrd is doing interior, paint and body coming, but i wanna see sc's with Drag radials or drag packs with wide as will fit meat
Old 05-22-13, 01:49 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Is this car done already or what?
Old 05-22-13, 04:19 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

I wanna know too .. he called me a week ago that he just passed through Atlanta heading the Carolinas.
Old 05-22-13, 06:18 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

I think Jay is wanting to achieve better traction with the combination of new rims and tires. i cant wait to get my hands on those Axxis wheels and tires. Jay told me that they are mine. I am still undecided on what to do with them or what. i want to keep them. Heck, they might even look good on my new Camry....
Old 05-23-13, 05:55 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

He hasn't upgraded his rear brakes and rotors , has he ? These Weld RTS will give him the width and meat on tires he is looking for and consequently good traction. They are a lot cheaper than going the CCW route. These are what I will eventually have in the red dragon. Pulled this picture from the Weld Racing website.

Old 05-23-13, 01:56 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ Sir Gerrb, what are the size of those wheels and off set?
Old 05-23-13, 02:13 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by PoGikoSc4
^ Sir Gerrb, what are the size of those wheels and off set?
I am going for the 15x10.83 at the back with 315 or 325 tires and 18x9 in front to accomodate the big brakes. I just have to research wether our stock SC400 back breaks and rotors will fit the 15" wheel, otherwise I know the NA supra back breaks / rotors will.

They have all kinds of sizes and offset to accomodate a lot of different cars . You want a wider one , they have it.

This is the kind of look I want on the red mamba.. stock body lines.. maybe some fender rolling and pulling .. The wheel / tire combo will fill in the fender well without lowering it . With a 4" downpipe/midpipe/exhaust , you cannot lower your car very much anyway . You will always be riding sideways on humps/bumps . I will prefer to go with function before form (looks) ... as one of my friends say , do the GO FAST first , and then BEAUTY comes later. At times those two can't even go together.

Last edited by gerrb; 05-23-13 at 03:17 PM.
Old 05-27-13, 04:59 PM
supraclone
Rookie

still looking for rims.... need traction
Old 05-27-13, 05:08 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by supraclone
still looking for rims.... need traction
get errrr' done buddy .. How many miles have you put on it since rebuilt ?
Old 05-27-13, 05:17 PM
supraclone
Rookie

few thousand, drove from alabama to NC to tampa.... Many many kills no losses..... But only from a roll ordered new brakes and drilled slotted rotors.
Old 05-27-13, 05:37 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Glad to hear this without any issues. I cant wait to get the Axxis Rims and tires. Lol..

Jay do you have any pictures of the build of the motor and drive train? I have a few in my phone if you want me to post them up...
Old 05-27-13, 05:46 PM
supraclone
Rookie

ummm Mark u can post, i would have to dig them up.... Help me find some rims and tires and the axis are waiting on u..... also need rearend
Old 05-27-13, 05:56 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Jay I say go with size 18 on front and 17 in rear. Be better traction and control for you. On the rear end, you will also have to get the 6 soeed axles if I am not mistaking. More money. I dont think the stock ones will work with the research I have done. If you get the parts, I will put them on for a small fee if course. Lol. I say find some tt rims for now until you know exactly what you want. 19's are way to big for the amount if power you are making. Call Yagar and ask him. He is working on a red SC now with black tt's. This guy has new CCW's awaiting to be mounted. I saw it yesterday. I can make some calls on the rear end and verify on the axles. I will see what I can find on your car. Pictures and video up shortly if it will let me. Let me know when your brakes come in. Did you order the exhaust studs for me??? Thanks.
Old 05-27-13, 05:59 PM
supraclone
Rookie

everything will b here Wednesday.... not really into the tt look.
Old 05-27-13, 06:08 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Jay - this is what I suggest . Rather than looking for an OEM USDM 6 speed differential/pumpkin for which people want an arm and a leg at $1800 aside from the fact that it is very hard to find them... but I have one .. hehehe.. but am not selling it since I have a 6 speed project coming , go with a GS400 differential pumpkin with 3.26 gear ratio ... then buy a TRD diff from Toyota which is around $1100 with new install kit .. get it installed on the GS400 pumpkin. In that way you spent less than the $1800 used 6 speed diff/pumpkin and yet you have a much stronger reliable differential. Call me or let Mark call me if he will do it for you , I have the GS400 differential pumpkin I was holding as reserve if ever my 6 speed diffs get trashed on my supras.... all you need is the TRD diff from toyota. The TRD Diff is a lot stronger than the OEM 6 speed torsen diff. With the GS400 pumpkin , you don't need the 6 speed axles for which the left side is shorter since the GS400 pumpkin has basically same size as that of the Auto TT pumpkin and your current SC400 differential.

You spend a lot less and yet have a more reliable differential . The only difference is an OEM USDM 6 speed differential has a 3.13 gear ratio and the GS400 has a 3.26 gear ratio. Not much of a difference. That is what supra guys do when they convert to 6 speed since the usdm 6 speed diff is a pain to look for, if ever you find one , be ready to pay a lot which is not worth it if I will be asked.

Also , if you will use an OEM USDM 6 speed differential , aside from the left side axle, you will have to get your driveshaft modified / shortened since the differential is a bit longer than what you currently have.

Last edited by gerrb; 05-27-13 at 06:28 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Supra Clones Build