Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Jay's 93 SC300 2JZGTE, Interior Redone by your's truly, 1JZPWRD !!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-13, 08:16 PM
jwin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

More pictures .....
Old 02-24-13, 07:21 AM
suprahero
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice work Mark. I now know I won't be parking any where near Jay's car in Atlanta. I think I need to get a second job and just leave my car with you and then pick it up with a LS9 or a turbo'd 2jz installed.

..........and for the record, I was kidding about the LS9.
Old 02-24-13, 07:28 AM
DuWerke
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, everytime I read this thread, I remember that I have SO much work to do before April...com'n tax return.
Old 02-24-13, 09:26 AM
supraclone
Rookie

now i just need help with the brake lights.....
Old 02-24-13, 09:34 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Well folks the time is here and now. I officially wrecked Jays car coming home this morning. I was on I-565, and a Subura WRX came up beside me... He started revving and letting in and out of it. I slammed it into third and got sideways and went into the ditch...

I was just kidding Jay, don't get mad at me for saying!!!! Just kidding...

Here it is. I have a few little details to finish up, but it is 95% done. I have to get some brake and clutch covers, figure out his radio, and now his mph needle isn't working. I am officially taking a break from it today. I will start back tomorrow. I did most of this yesterday at work till last night. Jay is supposed to come over tomorrow and help me figure out the radio issue. When you play a DVD, it will play normally but when you turn the car off, it will give me a error message about the parking brake bypass ground issue. I installed a relay, but still will not remove this stupid message. I did mine the same way, and it works great. More on that tomorrow.

Old 02-24-13, 09:37 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

The other minor things I have to do, is paint the hood latch, install the hood liner trim, figure out the brake issue, and paint the side molding on the driver side.

The other good thing is that is ZERO rattles anywhere, and NO matter how hard I shifted into 2, 4, 6th and into reverse, the shifter does NOT hit the bezel...NO MOD NEEDED!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by 1JZPWRD; 02-24-13 at 09:41 AM.
Old 02-24-13, 09:56 AM
thm8d
Pole Position

Oh my god, this thing looks good and is a beast! Love the work you've done!! Keep up the good work. The results came out far more better than I was expecting...
Old 02-24-13, 10:09 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Originally Posted by thm8d
Oh my god, this thing looks good and is a beast! Love the work you've done!! Keep up the good work. The results came out far more better than I was expecting...
Well I appreciate the great feed back man. The work finally paid off. I explained to Jay to be careful getting in and out of the car until the paint as really had a good amount of time to cure in the summer. The paint will last a lot longer once really warm inside. This is not saying the paint will come off, but it will assure good cure time, just like any new paint. It is somewhat brittle until fully cures.
Old 02-24-13, 10:13 AM
thm8d
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
Well I appreciate the great feed back man. The work finally paid off. I explained to Jay to be careful getting in and out of the car until the paint as really had a good amount of time to cure in the summer. The paint will last a lot longer once really warm inside. This is not saying the paint will come off, but it will assure good cure time, just like any new paint. It is somewhat brittle until fully cures.
This is exactly what I was thinking earlier. I'm sure it'll look and feel 10x better once fully cured.
Old 02-24-13, 10:16 AM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Congrats on finishing everything up man, aside for the minor kinks that need to be worked out. This thread shows that persistence and hard work pays off at the end and the last set of pictures really show how much effort went into this project. Heck, it looks like a completely different interior. Looking back at the pictures, I cannot believe how trashed it was at the beginning. I hope Jay appreciates your hard work and takes better care of it than the previous owner who destroyed the inside. Thanks for sharing your build and good luck with your future clients.
Old 02-24-13, 10:38 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
Congrats on finishing everything up man, aside for the minor kinks that need to be worked out. This thread shows that persistence and hard work pays off at the end and the last set of pictures really show how much effort went into this project. Heck, it looks like a completely different interior. Looking back at the pictures, I cannot believe how trashed it was at the beginning. I hope Jay appreciates your hard work and takes better care of it than the previous owner who destroyed the inside. Thanks for sharing your build and good luck with your future clients.
I appreciate the very kind words man. I do indeed hope to get some future clients from on here or locally. I followed this video to the tee, if anyone wants to know how much work goes into this, just click the video, and imagine doing each piece like this.

Some of us poor folks have to paint the interior, or cant find the OEM pieces in decent shape. Jay will actually see this in person in the morning. We are going to get the radio bypass from the local dealer. I hope this fixes the issue once and for all.
Old 02-24-13, 10:47 AM
supraclone
Rookie

Damn, mark. Cant wait to pick it up. Now we have a fix for the dvd player. The brakes are our last minor problem. U can tell n the pic i sent u how different it looks. WOOOOOOOW!!!! now gotta do the rims and paint
Old 02-24-13, 11:15 AM
DuWerke
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sex...pure sex.
Old 02-24-13, 11:45 AM
supraclone
Rookie

duwerke.... love ur quote 18month 2jz-gte swap..lmao
Old 02-24-13, 02:48 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Originally Posted by DuWerke
Sex...pure sex.
well..........almost...

Quick Reply: Jay's 93 SC300 2JZGTE, Interior Redone by your's truly, 1JZPWRD !!