Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Jay's 93 SC300 2JZGTE, Interior Redone by your's truly, 1JZPWRD !!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-13, 02:07 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Tabaka
Incredible job! Looks great.

Question, I am having a real hard time removing the screws from the rear oh shnapp handles. Any suggestions would really help. I already stripped one screw and couldn't make any of the others budge so I gave up temporarily.
Thanks man. I appreciate the comment. What I had to do for those screws is to get an impact screwdriver and hit it one time with a hammer to slightly loosen the screw. On Jays new handles I bought, I didn't have to do that, they come right loose. Maybe because they have been out before??????

You can buy this at Harbor Freight and comes with several different tips to use. More people usually have more trouble with just accessing those darn bolts.

If you cant get it since you stripped it out, still go buy the tool, and use the flat head instead of the Phillips one and see if that will just loosen it enough for you. If this doenst work you might have to go to Sears or back to Harbor and get an easy out or something that looses the bolts/screws...

Good luck...
Old 01-20-13, 03:08 PM
suprahero
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't believe how lucky Alabama is. We have one of the best college football programs around, and we have one of the best interior guru's in the lower 48. In all seriousness, I've seen Mark's interior in person and pictures can't do it justice. I know Jay is going to be stoked when he sees this thread or sees his car in person. I can't wait to have you help me with mine. First I've got to hire you to help me with my swap and then I'll get you to help me with my interior.
I hope the light interior looks as good repainted as the black does. My interior is the light beige or tan color. I don't think the black would look as good on mine as it does on yours. Keep up the good work and keep on showing those pictures.

Roll Tide!!!!
Old 01-20-13, 03:41 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Well thanks Jay..... I will be off for 8 days from the 23rd through the 1st of this month. Well as of now anyway. LMK when you want to do the swap, I can help out. I have never been called the "best interior GURU" before....

Thank you man... If you only know how long it takes to take everything apart, prep, paint, dissemble, and then put back to together then reinstall. It sucks... I hope it turns out great. This is the first one that I actually painted the visor's, headliner, and the sunroof cover. I just left mine grey...
Old 01-20-13, 05:17 PM
supraclone
Rookie

Im back from work.... Everything looks supra good. lol Thanks for all the hard work, looks great hope to have everything to you real sson. cant wait to get it back. Check SF kurtis posted up.
Old 01-20-13, 06:35 PM
suprahero
Driver

Mark, those dates might actually work for me. I'm not 100% sure yet. I need to get paid for this job I'm doing so I can order my ems and my jumper harness. I wish I'd already ordered them, but this house I've been working on has eat up all of my funds.

As for the amount of time it takes to do the interior like you've did it, there's no doubt in my mind that it takes a whole lot more work than is portrayed through an internet forum. All we see are the pieces before and after, but not during the removal and install. If it was easy, girl scouts would be doing it.
Old 01-20-13, 07:46 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Supraclone (Jay) did you want to go with 6 1/2 or back with stock 4 inches in the door and 5 1/4 in the rear or 6x9. 6x9 takes a bit more time but doable. I also topped off your clutch resevoir it was really low. Couldn't hardly see it in the resevoir. I also found one side seat trim on ebay but still looking for the other side. Found a complete console with flip down cupholder and a working lid plus a set of mats from another member on here. I will reuse your ***** from your console since they are black but paint the rest. I also found your alarm piece that will remote start your car from your phone. I forgot to tell you. Everything is in the box.
Old 01-20-13, 08:06 PM
1siksc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

way to go looks awesome!
Old 01-20-13, 10:35 PM
Kpierce007
Pole Position

Wow man that looks great , where exactly do you buy this stuff?
Old 01-21-13, 02:52 AM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well damn you really went in on that interior!!
Old 01-21-13, 07:41 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Originally Posted by Kpierce007
Wow man that looks great , where exactly do you buy this stuff?
I bought it all through a local paint and body shop. The are a vendoe that supplies it. It is around 13 bucks a can for the plastic/vinyl, and 17 for the leather one a can.

Keep in mind that Oreilys sells it, but it is usually kept behind the counter. You have to ask for it.
Old 01-21-13, 07:43 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Originally Posted by BAD954BOI
Well damn you really went in on that interior!!
NO holding back now. I am anxious to get the speakers redone and the dynomat in, so I can start slowly putting everything back in order..... I want to drive it again. It is hard to keep it straight with nearly 900 rwhp under the gas pedal...

Oh I forgot to show you all the motor didnt I????
Old 01-21-13, 10:04 AM
tuterz
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

lets see the motor! haha
Old 01-21-13, 11:16 AM
rcchris7
Lead Lap

motor pics please.....
Old 01-21-13, 01:59 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rcchris7
motor pics please.....
i 2nd ^^^ and pls remove that @**$ ZEN MOTORS LOGO
Old 01-21-13, 02:07 PM
SEIDO
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You might have answered this already, but what sort of paint/dye are you using?
How long will it last, after hand-contact, etc.
I know the "fabric paint" you get at Pep-Boys doesn't last; is this some special interior stuff instead?

Last edited by 1JZPWRD; 01-21-13 at 02:28 PM.

Quick Reply: Jay's 93 SC300 2JZGTE, Interior Redone by your's truly, 1JZPWRD !!