Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Jay's 93 SC300 2JZGTE, Interior Redone by your's truly, 1JZPWRD !!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-13, 07:36 PM
maceugood
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much total weight will the dynomat add?
Old 01-25-13, 07:40 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by maceugood
How much total weight will the dynomat add?
Total of the two boxes weighed a whopping 70 pounds if I ain't mistaking.

Jay needs more weight in the trunk area if anywhere. He spins the tires off the car in any gear, including 6th past 5200 on the rpm. The tires will not hook up... What do you expect at around 900 rwhp...
Old 01-25-13, 07:43 PM
SSmith
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

1J,

Make sure you get rid of that rain guard. They leak like crazy. That roadkill is thick enough to do that opening with. Mine sealed up great. I'd also go ahead and make an access for the fuel pump. Trying to peel that roadkill off later if the pump fails is going to suck..

Shane
Attached Thumbnails Jay's 93 SC300 2JZGTE, Interior Redone by your's truly, 1JZPWRD !!-second.jpg   Jay's 93 SC300 2JZGTE, Interior Redone by your's truly, 1JZPWRD !!-cover2.jpg  
Old 01-25-13, 08:04 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Originally Posted by SSmith
1J,

Make sure you get rid of that rain guard. They leak like crazy. That roadkill is thick enough to do that opening with. Mine sealed up great. I'd also go ahead and make an access for the fuel pump. Trying to peel that roadkill off later if the pump fails is going to suck..

Shane
Thanks Shane. I did think of that on the door panel but figured I would leave it in place. I wanted him to get access to every bolt and opening. I will ask Jay what he wants and I will cover it completely up like you did. His fuel pump is in the trunk all together. He is not using the one I covered up by the Dynamat. I also thought of that too. Keep the comments and concerns coming. It is so easy to forget stuff when you are in the zone.
Old 01-25-13, 08:07 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Oh yeah the other thing concerning the fuel pump cover is that it is missing all together. The cover wasnt even on before I installed the RoadKill. So in the future if he needs to reuse the pump in the tank he will be able too without any problem. He just have to cut it out of the way.
Old 01-25-13, 08:18 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

awesome thread man. you are putting in some hard work. Keep up the good work.
Old 01-25-13, 08:22 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
awesome thread man. you are putting in some hard work. Keep up the good work.
Thank you for words man.
Old 01-25-13, 08:52 PM
SSmith
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

No problem man. Sometimes it helps to have multiple eyes on things. I can't remember how many times I had to go back and redo things. If you do the doors like I did and he ever has to have access he can just cut along the inside line of the metal, it would be easy. If he has any money leftover some MLV on the floor boards and the back wall partition will make a huge difference.

S
Old 01-25-13, 09:02 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Originally Posted by SSmith
No problem man. Sometimes it helps to have multiple eyes on things. I can't remember how many times I had to go back and redo things. If you do the doors like I did and he ever has to have access he can just cut along the inside line of the metal, it would be easy. If he has any money leftover some MLV on the floor boards and the back wall partition will make a huge difference.

S
Jay should be reading this thread. I am doing what he wants with some of my recommendations along the way while I got it out. Did you hear how loud the gearbox was and fuel pump in the video I posted? Those 2 things are so loud.... 97 SC300 also told me about that stuff as well. If Jay wants it he will get it.

For those asking about his motor pictures. I will try to get some in the morning. Keep in mind this thread is for the interior only... lol
Old 01-25-13, 10:12 PM
suprahero
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interior only? Who are you trying to kid? It's going to take nine hundred horses to make this heavy pig turn the tires over with all of that dynomat installed........lol

Just kidding Mark. You're doing one hell of a job on Jay's car. He's very fortunate to have a friend willing to do this type of job. I know you're making some money in the process, but nobody can say that you've rushed it or cut corners just to get through. It looks like you're going above and beyond what anyone could ask of you while doing this make over. I know a lot of us on here wish we had the money to have you redo our cars.
Old 01-26-13, 07:15 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Originally Posted by suprahero
Interior only? Who are you trying to kid? It's going to take nine hundred horses to make this heavy pig turn the tires over with all of that dynomat installed........lol

Just kidding Mark. You're doing one hell of a job on Jay's car. He's very fortunate to have a friend willing to do this type of job. I know you're making some money in the process, but nobody can say that you've rushed it or cut corners just to get through. It looks like you're going above and beyond what anyone could ask of you while doing this make over. I know a lot of us on here wish we had the money to have you redo our cars.
Well thanks Jay. It is alot of work, nothing really hard, but just time consuming and tidyness. I tried to do this car just like if it was mine. My fingers now have five cuts on them and two of them wrapped up in medical tape. They have been cut up and cracked. I actually enjoy doing this style of work. I look back now and wish I had done the Dynomat in my car when I had the chance. The door sounds so much better now once I have completed it. I think Jay will be real impressed with it once I am done. Few more things need to be ordered but it will be done soon enough. I do need to talk to to Jay about the MLV stuff. I have heard of it but never have used it before. It will really reduce the noise from the gearbox and the fuel pump.

More pictures will be posted later tonight or tomorrow of the progress of the door panel. I brought them to work and have the whole weekend to work on them properly. I am hoping to be able save them. I am concerned with the bottom of the passenger side door and around the door switch. I will liquid nail them, allow them to dry and then dynomat over that for more tensile strength. They should be more sturdy and better supported once I am done.
Old 01-26-13, 10:38 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

I made some progress today. The liquid nail stuff is currently drying so I went forward and cleaned and prepped the inside door panels. The driver side door panel is alot better in shape wise so less effort was needed. Once the liquid nail is dry, I will use the RoadKill over that to strengthen it even further. I hope indeed it works out. On the paasenger side door I had to cut and trim some metal pieces, then used the liquid nails to hold in place. This is for the bottom pieces. Once its dry I will apply the RoadKill, then sand and prep these holes until smooth and looks more better. I used the SEM plastic/vinyl prep filler on one place on the driver side door. This stuff is kinda hard to deal with but once dries it is there. I will also sand this down till flush and allow to set for a total 24-48 hours, then I will post more progress of the doors once all complete and back together. The other idea I was going to use was use a thin coat of 100% balck silicone along the bottom of the doors just for even more support of holding them together. I still have to make some brackets for where the armrest on the driver door. I dont have anything here at work that will work currently.

Here are some pictures:

Old 01-26-13, 01:57 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Mark - nice work man .. but lots of work, you are really a very patient man

Jay - you must be a trooper driving that car for 6 hours from SC to AL with that noisy fuel pump. I wonder wether that fuel pump can be controlled by a PWM controller just like my Weldon controller or if it can't be do what I did on my SC, install a stock denso fuel pump for low boost so it is as quiet as stock and let the big pump kick in on higher boost / hp .
Old 01-26-13, 02:02 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Well thanks gerrb. It is indeed patient work but the work will pay off when I finally see Jays face upon delivery. Hopefully he will be by this week to sneak a peek. Pictures is nothing like seeing the real thing.
Old 01-26-13, 02:04 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Originally Posted by gerrb
Mark - nice work man .. but lots of work, you are really a very patient man

Jay - you must be a trooper driving that car for 6 hours from SC to AL with that noisy fuel pump. I wonder wether that fuel pump can be controlled by a PWM controller just like my Weldon controller or if it can't be do what I did on my SC, install a stock denso fuel pump for low boost so it is as quiet as stock and let the big pump kick in on higher boost / hp .
Jerry dont be giving Jay any more ideas for him to turn around and have me do the work!!! Lol

Quick Reply: Jay's 93 SC300 2JZGTE, Interior Redone by your's truly, 1JZPWRD !!