Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Jay's 93 SC300 2JZGTE, Interior Redone by your's truly, 1JZPWRD !!

Old 02-07-13, 06:25 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by SC400slide
I was hoping the thread would keep going! Very interesting. A lot of work, but will definitely be awesome when you finish with it! Subbed to this...
Thanks man. I wish I could have done more the last few days, but this dang seat belt is holding me back. Then the wood grain will be, then the double din install is next.

Just remember Rome wasn't built in a day.

Jay I did order the Metra Kit for the radio and the wiring harness that goes with it.
Old 02-08-13, 09:05 AM
supraclone
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So all i need to do is get the deck, HID'S, And boost gauge?
Old 02-08-13, 09:18 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Yeah. As far as I can see right now.
Old 02-08-13, 11:05 AM
GordonDET
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Wow, awesome work 1JZPWRD I am very impressed with your skill and patience. That interior is gonna look brand new in a modern way.

I've been lurking here since I got my 92 sc400 bout a month ago, just trying to learn from others before I jump into fixing / replacing / rehabing my 21year old interior and this thread has answered a lot of my questions and given me a lot of good ideas, Thank you.

A couple suggestions on keeping your hands in good shape working on cars. Get the non powdered nitrite gloves. The talcum powder really sucks the moisture out of your hands, especially when you change gloves a lot. They are a bit of a pain to get on but worth it. Also look into getting some snap-on brand medicated hand cleaner. It works really well and does not dry out / scour the skin.

One question on repairing the door panels, I had seen another post / thread on panel repair on this site and they used the liquid nail approach but they added galvanized strapping material to replace broken clips and to reinforce the crack, weak point repair areas. It seemed like a good idea, didn't notice you using any, any particular reason?

Thanks again for a great thread.
Old 02-08-13, 02:41 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Originally Posted by GordonDET
Wow, awesome work 1JZPWRD I am very impressed with your skill and patience. That interior is gonna look brand new in a modern way.

I've been lurking here since I got my 92 sc400 bout a month ago, just trying to learn from others before I jump into fixing / replacing / rehabing my 21year old interior and this thread has answered a lot of my questions and given me a lot of good ideas, Thank you.

A couple suggestions on keeping your hands in good shape working on cars. Get the non powdered nitrite gloves. The talcum powder really sucks the moisture out of your hands, especially when you change gloves a lot. They are a bit of a pain to get on but worth it. Also look into getting some snap-on brand medicated hand cleaner. It works really well and does not dry out / scour the skin.

One question on repairing the door panels, I had seen another post / thread on panel repair on this site and they used the liquid nail approach but they added galvanized strapping material to replace broken clips and to reinforce the crack, weak point repair areas. It seemed like a good idea, didn't notice you using any, any particular reason?

Thanks again for a great thread.
Thanks for the positive comments on Jay's car. It has been a work of art. Jay is ready to simply drive it. On the door panels, I also saw the same material used as well. I didnt have any or I would had used it also. Overall the doors are much stronger and alot heavier than before. I wish they would have turned out a little better, but the initial impression so far has been worth the effort. To help support the materials better, I knew that the Stinger Roadkill would also help strengthen as well. With the combination of the two being used, I knew it should work out for the end result I was looking for.

I will have to try out the hand cleaner. Since the last few posts, I smashed the end of my middle finger while trying to set the passenger seat on the work bench. It hurt like crap and blood went everywhere. I now have to wear a two bandaids with Neosporin and white medical tape just to help secure the bands aids in place.

I still have alot of work to do. For the most part is just waiting on the seatbelts, and wood grain back from my buddy who is painting it. This reminds me I need to call him and see if he has even started on them. I also found another set of OEM black seat belts for this SC. The ones I bought I am not real happy with and I am prolly will be getting rid of them. They were faded more than I would like. In some spots they appear grey sorta. In the dark or shade, you would prolly never even tell, but I would. I am **** and want Jay to be 100% happy with the end result. I know what all he has been through with this thing. Jay, if you are reading this, these new seatbelts will be shipped around the 14th of this month from Atlanta. My buddy is out of town, who by the way, is a go to guy if you need any parts. And I mean any part. I dont think you will mind being down another week, just for the fact it will be right, once finished. I also want to mention that I have NOT left out any screws or bolts, and used plastic NEW tabs where I could.
Old 02-09-13, 09:33 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

You indeed are doing a great job on that car. Looks like I will have to do that sound proofing / mats in my car to get a good sound system setup. Now I need your help and advice since you know more on these audio system . Jay, buddy sorry for hijacking your thread about your car interior...lol...don't mean too..... I just need some advice since Mark is working on your system.

I got a set of audio speakers sold to me .. They are all DLS from Sweden. Don't know much about them. They said they are high class speakers. Whether , I was told that so I will buy them , at this point that is another story. I already have them. So having 2 x 15" subs , will it be better to have rear seat delete ? You know any setup on an SC which I can checkout ? or get them into the trunk. ? They probably won't fit in the trunk...since I have my battery relocated there , got my weldon 2345a and filters there and my nitrous tanks for the n-tercooler and engine.

here they are , let me know what will be my best audio setup for the red dragon.

Old 02-09-13, 10:29 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Good god those are huge man. The flex ability would be incredible. I would first see what the specs are for the subs or the amount of air they need. Then see if physically they are even feasible to work with in the trunk. If not, then sell them. Two 15 would beat the darn trunk off the trunk. The only thing I would consider is to use one of them and vent the sound through the rear deck where the old sub used to be like Jays car now. Removing the back seat wouldn't even be an option for me. If I couldn't get the subs in the trunk I would sell them for something smaller. For the amp or amps use the space above the gas tank and mount them there. This is what I done as well. Jay told me to just mount the amp on the box for quick removal if needed. He did tell me that he never uses the trunk anyway. Jay is actually looking for some subs now. PM him or call him and see. The door speakers should be no problem in the doors or rear deck area. Just did what I have already. Works great. I am unsure what these Polks are going tk sound lime without being amplified. I say still great since the db are high, which means higher db less power to generate the best sound before distortion is detected. Once Jay figured out his sub and amp setup I can finish it. Jay might just add this sub and later but the wiring and rcas will be there waiting that I have already ran for him.

Last edited by 1JZPWRD; 02-09-13 at 10:54 AM.
Old 02-12-13, 07:03 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Mark , the subs are DLS UR15 ,,, I had these set of speakers and even DLS amplifiers for quite a while. In fact sometime back decided to sell them when I sold the SC400 they were in but speakers were in the trunk. I was able to sell the DLS amplifiers which I regret now since I am thinking of a good sound system again for the red dragon.. I can't put them in the trunk due to what I have there now....weldon pump, nitrous tanks & battery. I can't use the space above the gas tank for amplifiers cause of my fuel setup and I am getting the Tanabe strut bar modified for use as rear strut bar.

So I thought of bottom rear seat delete since no one will ever seat there anyway . I also would like to keep the rear seat backrest so the back still look somehow stock and the sound system setup at the back won't be too obvious to keep it from prying eyes and evil minds...lol..

something like this...

Old 02-12-13, 09:07 AM
SSmith
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Gerrb,

You may want to take a look at this thread. He did what your talking about.

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...xus-sc400.html

Shane
Old 02-12-13, 01:13 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

The passenger side seat belt come in, so more work is done.

New clips and painted back in on both sides:

Upper back seat is in:

Carpet is back in:

Bottom seat is in. The rear side is loose due to the plastic clip is broken. Will have to find one locally:

Old 02-12-13, 07:14 PM
supraclone
Rookie

looking great, cant wait for that come and get'er phone call. Also i tagged u n the sc post about the drag pack...
Old 02-13-13, 01:35 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Wont be too long now. Brian from Lextech said he is having a fit with your climate. He cant get it to pass. I called him personally and left him a message about it. Awaiting a phone call back now. I am calling these places now to see what we can do with the woodgrain. I will call you later with what I think we should do at this point in time.
Old 02-13-13, 03:55 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Just got word, my buddy has completed the woodgrain. Only thing left is the clear coat. Should be ready to be picked up on Saturday. I will post pictures of them once I receive them.
Old 02-13-13, 08:58 PM
suprahero
Driver

Can't wait to see the wood grain. Everything is coming together nicely.
Old 02-13-13, 10:09 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Thanks Jay, wont too long now.

Brian (OLT) said the climate passed and is working great. Should be here by hopefully Friday with new needles. The wood grain by Saturday, and so on. I ordered two sets of HID kits for his high and low beams, Pioneer double din head unit, his AEM digital boost gauge, and will pick up his wiring harness and Metra kit on the way home in the morning. I am hoping to have this car ready by next Friday by the latest, if all goes well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Jay's 93 SC300 2JZGTE, Interior Redone by your's truly, 1JZPWRD !!