Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Jay's 93 SC300 2JZGTE, Interior Redone by your's truly, 1JZPWRD !!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-13, 07:57 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by skirts
Mark, everything looks awesome!! I really need my woodgrain done! And I need you to show me how to do the led swap.
Thanks Nick. Come down tomorrow and I will swap them out if you have the leds. I could use a hand on changing my wheel bearing on my SC.
Old 02-02-13, 09:43 PM
skirts
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish I had them!
Old 02-03-13, 09:23 AM
supraclone
Rookie

looks GREAT, So at this pace i can pick it up next week.... hehehehe.... Cant wait to see stuff going back in. SO CLOSE. im having withdrawals
Old 02-03-13, 11:29 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Very nice job on bringing this car's interior back!! What a massive undertaking 1JZPWRD!! Dude, you are talented!!

Ryan
Old 02-03-13, 01:01 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

More progress today since it was so nice outside. I installed 6x9's and reused some of the factory wiring since Jay has already ran the wiring for it. I reused it. I also used most of the Stinger RoadKill to finish the read deck. All of the wiring is now ran to the trunk. It will be left there until Jay gets the amp and subwoofer enclosure.

Finish mounting all of the door speakers:

Started on the rear 6x9, what a pain in the rump:

Started on the stereo a little, ran the rca along the speaker wiring and zip tied. I also fixed where it was ran the wrong way from the start.

Last edited by 1JZPWRD; 02-03-13 at 01:06 PM.
Old 02-03-13, 01:04 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Then I started on the remote wire:

Old 02-03-13, 01:04 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Great progress man.

I love the rear speakers you made beside the subwoofer.
Old 02-03-13, 01:12 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
Great progress man.

I love the rear speakers you made beside the subwoofer.
Thanks guys for ALL the compliments. The metal in the rear is hard to cut since the back window is mostly in the way. Overall I am very pleased with everything so far. I also tested the speakers to make sure they work and they do.

The hole for the factory subwoofer is a vent for the sub of whatever Jay chooses. I told him at least a nice JL Audio ten or twelve inch sub. Either will do the trick. I also might add that cardboard is your best friend when making templates. The rear speaker board needs to be cut 6 and half inch wide and 13 inches long. The hardest part is lining up the speaker marking and making sure it doesn't hit the factory grill cover. I had to trim just a little so the speaker tweeters wouldn't hit the cover when in place.

So now I have two factory subwoofers if anyone needs one. LMK.

You also do great work. Don't kid yourself. I will be following your thread on modifying the shifter as soon a sit is time for it.
Old 02-03-13, 02:10 PM
Biddles
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good stuff man. Please keep us updated with the audio installation, the amp etc... I haven't done car audio in about 8 years, very rusty, but very interested.
Old 02-03-13, 05:29 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Originally Posted by Biddles
Good stuff man. Please keep us updated with the audio installation, the amp etc... I haven't done car audio in about 8 years, very rusty, but very interested.
I will man, don't worry. I have gone this far, aint going to stop now. Jay has picked out a nice head unit and amp. I wont say more till I post the picture of the unit and amp, with sub enclosure. I don't think it will be much longer. This will be the last setup in the car. While I am at I am going to check and replace his antenna. I don't know if it is receiving signal or just broke or both. As soon as the seatbelts, buckles, and seat trim pieces come in, I can move way forward. They should be here this week.

I ordered this just last week:

Passenger side trim piece in black for seat
Passenger buckle in black for seat belt
All four seat belts in black with hardware
Rear back seat buckles in black
Black center console with lid

Just odds and ends. I will be mailing off two packages tomorrow, one to the other Jay (heated seat buttons), and the other to Lextech for repair of new needles, climate lighting and LCD...
Old 02-03-13, 08:03 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Oh yeah also snagged up a new set of floormats too.
Old 02-04-13, 06:20 AM
gtsfire
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I detoured through northern Alabama on my way back from Florida to visit Jay (Suprahero) and check out his SC and get some pics of mine and his together. He was raving about this thread and all your work and so now I'm seeing it for myself and WOW is all I can say. You do awesome work. I don't know that I'd have the patience for all that so that's why I just bought a 97 SC400 black on black. It's already done for me haha.

I have non interior related question though regarding the hi-beam headlights. Why are they not flush with the bumper? I see that on so many SC's and my 92 that I sold a few weeks back had the same problem just on the drivers side light. Was just curious.
Old 02-04-13, 08:59 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Originally Posted by gtsfire
I detoured through northern Alabama on my way back from Florida to visit Jay (Suprahero) and check out his SC and get some pics of mine and his together. He was raving about this thread and all your work and so now I'm seeing it for myself and WOW is all I can say. You do awesome work. I don't know that I'd have the patience for all that so that's why I just bought a 97 SC400 black on black. It's already done for me haha.

I have non interior related question though regarding the hi-beam headlights. Why are they not flush with the bumper? I see that on so many SC's and my 92 that I sold a few weeks back had the same problem just on the drivers side light. Was just curious.
That is also what I have to fix. I believe when they had the front bumer off, they didnt securely fasten or bolt the high beams in correctly. I think they just need a bolt or two put in to make them fit flush.

Thanks for the compliments, It is time consuming, but well worth the effort in my book. Jay has now asked to repaint his rims, and his brake calipers. I was proud that he asked me to do it, but I was like at the same time, one project at a time, Jay. Good gosh...

No work on this in two days, till the parts come in. I am now at a stand still. I cant do anything further until these arrive.
Old 02-04-13, 10:36 AM
supraclone
Rookie

Come on mark... You expect me to ride around with the car looking anything less than perfect after all youve done to the interior... Outside has to look almost as good as the inside... unless we can find some staggered rims
Old 02-04-13, 10:44 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Originally Posted by supraclone
Come on mark... You expect me to ride around with the car looking anything less than perfect after all youve done to the interior... Outside has to look almost as good as the inside... unless we can find some staggered rims
I have some nice Rays freshly painted that would look nice on there. If you can find me some polished TT rims, we might have a deal...

Thanks man. I would just keep the wheels and put on a 285 on them and see what happens with the traction. I am hoping this car will be done by the next Fall meet by Speakerbox 2015.

Quick Reply: Jay's 93 SC300 2JZGTE, Interior Redone by your's truly, 1JZPWRD !!