Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Jay's 93 SC300 2JZGTE, Interior Redone by your's truly, 1JZPWRD !!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-13, 02:23 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
Jerry dont be giving Jay any more ideas for him to turn around and have me do the work!!! Lol
Oh I just spoke with him on the phone a couple of minutes ago ... he got things lined up for you on account of what is going on , at the Zen Motors Review thread. Your fault , you announced that you are free till the end of the month ... lmaol.
Old 01-26-13, 02:52 PM
supraclone
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everyone please check the Supra forums thread i just replied http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...n-Motors-in-GA
Old 01-26-13, 11:11 PM
SSmith
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Wow ,

Just read all the thread on Supra forum. Unbelievable some of the things they did wrong on you guys cars. Thr guy needs to be taken to court and sued. Hopefully that will take care of some of the financial side of things.

Mark,

As far as the questions on them replacing your fuel lines. I'm NA-T running a walbro pump on all factory lines and my car is making 500 at the rear wheels with no fuel issues. I know of two other NA-T cars making right at 600 with nothing but upgraded pumps too. There had to be something else going wrong than just a line issue.

Jay,

While Mark is doing the deadening you ought to have him do some MLV on the floor boards and the back wall. It will make a huge difference in noise.

Shane
Old 01-27-13, 06:21 AM
rcchris7
Lead Lap

^MLV is the real deal. would really shut that big old 6 speed up.
Old 01-27-13, 07:48 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Little bit more progress today. The liquid nail is taking forever to dry. It has been sitting for over 24 hours and in some spots it is still wet. But barely. I finished using the Roadkill over the areas I thought it would benefit the most. The SEM vinyl prep repair is dried, so I applied a second coat and will it to set over night again. These inserts are really heavy now but very sturdy compared to before. I would say the liquid nail and the Roadkill did its job. Tomorrow I am going to fix the door panel where the arm rest actually mounts to the door itself. The passenger side door both tabs is broke, but I have something in mind to fix it right up. Here are some of the pictures over 2 days. Not too pretty on the underside but the overall fix and repair by a DIY'er is better than what it was. I am hoping to have these things finished by tomorrow night minus the woodgrain. it will dropped off later this week to my buddy.

Driver's door:

Passenger side door:

Old 01-27-13, 08:09 PM
suprahero
Driver

I've used a lot of liquid nails over the last ten years, but I've never once read on the label that it would fix parts to a Lexus...........I guess you have to read the small print on the back.........lol

Can't wait to see this all together Mark.

SSmith, your post makes me wonder about my build. I plan on making somewhere between 600-650rwhp on my 1.5jz build, but I was certain I was going to have to replace my fuel lines. Now I'm not so sure. It's probably a good idea and maybe even a little bit of insurance, but I hate to do something that isn't necessary. I guess I'll have to read some more threads and see if anyone is making over six hundred rwhp with stock lines.
Old 01-27-13, 08:15 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

I think I need to be clear about the liquid nails. There are many types out there. I used the one for wood paneling. It specifically states use for plastic. The regular said that plastic is not recommended for that use. So be careful which one you buy. I hope this stuff really holds well. I know the looks of it isnt pretty but no one would ever see it unless the door panel is removed.

I think I will have enough to cover the plastic rain part on the doors. I still have to do the upper speaker deck part once the speaker brackets are made, the paseenger side floorboard and the passenger side door. Once the speakers and seat belts arrive it will go much faster I think.
Old 01-28-13, 05:17 AM
suprahero
Driver

I knew what you were using Mark. I was just kidding because it's almost like duct tape. There's way more useable applications than what it was originally intended for.

Keep up the good work. I'm thinking real seriously about robbing my local convenient store so that I can get you to do mine the same way. If my local PD is reading this, I'm just kidding.
Old 01-28-13, 05:38 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Originally Posted by suprahero
I knew what you were using Mark. I was just kidding because it's almost like duct tape. There's way more useable applications than what it was originally intended for.

Keep up the good work. I'm thinking real seriously about robbing my local convenient store so that I can get you to do mine the same way. If my local PD is reading this, I'm just kidding.
Dont do that man. I am sure your house deal will go through better than planned.

I am really getting anxious to get this thing back together.

Shane,

If we decide to go with this other MLV material, how is it applied? Do you use 3M spray adhesive and apply?
Old 01-28-13, 06:30 AM
snomanlex
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definitely a good read. 1jz you sir a patient and meticulous man the work that you're doing is coming out great. I hope the owner of the car really enjoys and appreciates all the details. Keep up the good work and post some interior shots of the engine bay :-)
Old 01-28-13, 08:55 AM
SSmith
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

1JZ,

On my floor boards I just laid it on top of the foam and dynamat. Basically the carpet held it down. No need to adhere it. On the console area I used plain old black duct tape. Once the carpet goes in it will help hold it also. On the rear seat partition I used some second skin deadener at the top then used two existing holes in the middle outside of the partition to push in christmas tree retainers. It isn't going anywhere and the back seat will help hold it also.

Shane
Attached Thumbnails Jay's 93 SC300 2JZGTE, Interior Redone by your's truly, 1JZPWRD !!-mlv2.jpg   Jay's 93 SC300 2JZGTE, Interior Redone by your's truly, 1JZPWRD !!-rear-20deck.jpg  
Old 01-28-13, 04:23 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Looks ggod man. I am sure it is extra quiet now. I finsihed the door panels today and they turned out rather nicely. Wasnt too fond of some of the cracks, but I used and did what I could do. I am now waiting on the wood grain to painted and then reinstalled. The doors are quite heavy now.

Made some brackets to help hold the door to back panel, did this for both sides, worked like a champ, and super strong:

I also secured all of the screws on the back with a flat washer, the finshed product:

Some things also come in also:

The new center console cover also come in. I will finish up the Roadkill tomorrow on the floorboard, then remove the dash. There is supposed to be bad weather coming in tomorrow. Wish me luck.
Old 01-28-13, 04:26 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

I also noticed the drive door back vinyl is coming loose (seen in picture). I will look more at it tomorrow and see if it can be pulled and stapled down.
Old 01-28-13, 05:07 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good Luck tomorrow!
Door panels looks good. The SEM works very well,. looks OEM to me.
Can you pm me the type of LED you ordered for the AC/Heating **** also for the back lighting of the AC/Heating Unit? I tried looking them up last night from superbrightLEDs but cant seem to find the right one.
thanks
Old 01-28-13, 05:31 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Originally Posted by PoGikoSc4
Good Luck tomorrow!
Door panels looks good. The SEM works very well,. looks OEM to me.
Can you pm me the type of LED you ordered for the AC/Heating **** also for the back lighting of the AC/Heating Unit? I tried looking them up last night from superbrightLEDs but cant seem to find the right one.
thanks
Thanks man. The ones for the AC heating ****/volume are size Neo3, in whatever color you choose. Here is the link: http://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/i...cluster-gauge/

for the climate display backlighting on climate control, contact Lextech and see what bulb number it is and order it from them or from this above link.

Also use the link I provided for the correct size in the previous pages of this thread.

Quick Reply: Jay's 93 SC300 2JZGTE, Interior Redone by your's truly, 1JZPWRD !!