Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The car looks hot with the fr500
Old 01-19-13, 09:00 PM
Jos
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 87Cressida
your passenger side parking-light is out... Car looks good
Was out lol I pulled both of them a while ago so I could replace them with L.E.D's. Thanks man!

Originally Posted by 93Gotjuice
The car looks hot with the fr500
Thank you, sir! They compliment very well
Old 01-28-13, 05:58 PM
93Gotjuice
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Jos
Was out lol I pulled both of them a while ago so I could replace them with L.E.D's. Thanks man!

Thank you, sir! They compliment very well
Are you going with a bigger tire? Any new update
Old 01-30-13, 03:40 PM
Jos
Driver

Are you going with a bigger tire? Any new update

I'll have an update in the next few days. I ran into a few problems with the BBK, namely the fact that the FR's don't fit over the caliper.

My buddy and I (work's at the O'Reilly's and I'm working on it in his garage) ran to O'Reilly's at 10.30 at night and grabbed some 5/16" spacers. Then, as luck would have it, we ran into another issue, the wheels still didnt fit right and the studs weren't showing enough to be safe. So I got on eBay (thankfully I had my new Nokia Lumia) and bought some 7/16" spacers and extended wheels studs.

They arrived tonight but it's extremely snowy outside so I may just install them and get some pictures taken and get it back home if I can.

Also, I'm going to roll the front fenders now that the wheel is pushed further out and maybe go with a 235/40 18 on the front up from a 225 and stick with a 245,40 18 in the back. But it all depends on how I think they'll fit and also whether or not I can get my alignment straight or at about 1 degree of camber... My tires and absolutely shot... I think my toe needs corrected too.

Guys, I'm in the market for some Megan EZ streets, if anyone has any let me know, Thanks!!!
Old 01-30-13, 07:33 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Jos
I'll have an update in the next few days. I ran into a few problems with the BBK, namely the fact that the FR's don't fit over the caliper.

My buddy and I (work's at the O'Reilly's and I'm working on it in his garage) ran to O'Reilly's at 10.30 at night and grabbed some 5/16" spacers. Then, as luck would have it, we ran into another issue, the wheels still didnt fit right and the studs weren't showing enough to be safe. So I got on eBay (thankfully I had my new Nokia Lumia) and bought some 7/16" spacers and extended wheels studs.

They arrived tonight but it's extremely snowy outside so I may just install them and get some pictures taken and get it back home if I can.

Also, I'm going to roll the front fenders now that the wheel is pushed further out and maybe go with a 235/40 18 on the front up from a 225 and stick with a 245,40 18 in the back. But it all depends on how I think they'll fit and also whether or not I can get my alignment straight or at about 1 degree of camber... My tires and absolutely shot... I think my toe needs corrected too.

Guys, I'm in the market for some Megan EZ streets, if anyone has any let me know, Thanks!!!
We will be looking forward to any and all updates.
Old 02-02-13, 05:37 PM
Jos
Driver

Definitely not the most intriguing build but so much fun

Okay, so I've finally got the LS400 bbk on after a few hiccups.

Removing everything down to the hub should be straight forward as this has been covered before.
Take your wheel off, undo the brake caliper bracket bolts with a 17mm socket, remove the caliper and bracket. Undo the brake line on the caliper with a 14mm socket. Let it drain into a bucket or pan.
Undo the upper part of the brake line using a line fitting wrench and 10mm (I think). Reinstall your new stainless brake line.

Installing the Stainless steel brake lines was a little bit of a pain. I don't have any pictures but if anybody would like to know how to just let me know and I'll be happy to help.

Now I removed the dust shield. It was actually rather easy... undo screws, cut shield, pull off.

Test fitting and bolting up the caliper. I used the SC caliper bolts with a few washers and a lock washer so that they didn't touch the rotor.

Did this in the process of reinstalling the rear calipers...

Anyway, I got everything bolted up and went to put the wheels back on and NOPE...the FR's do not fit the LS400 calipers without a spacer. We ran to O'reilly's to get a 5/16" spacer and that wasn't enough. So I got on ebay and ordered 50mm extended studs and 7/16" spacers.

Waited four days for them to arrive, having said that, it snowed really badly yet my car was in my friends garage while his mx6 sat outside Lucky me. ahaha.

So everything arrived a few days ago and got it all bolted up...

You can see the spacer right here between the rim and the rotor:

And how she looks now it's all done.

Also, the spacer pushed the front wheels out a little further and to be honest I like it, looks far more flush than before.

Bled the brakes starting from rear right to rear left, to front right to front left. Did this 3 times.

I haven't had time to bed the brakes in yet properly as the roads are sheeite up here. However, I can already tell a difference in stopping power.

Here's how she sits today:

Overall my install was a pain because I had to wait for a while to fix the issues but it's a very straightforward process! Easy enough for anybody to do!

Thanks to everyone on here who helped me, I read alot of posts to learn what was needed first!

Cheers!
Old 02-02-13, 07:24 PM
93Gotjuice
Pole Position

Dam i might need to get some of those wheels. Flows in well with the ls400 brakes!
Ps get a wise lip and your set =]
Old 02-02-13, 09:03 PM
Jos
Driver

I'm thinking Wise Lip and 97 Side skirts lol!
Old 02-02-13, 10:14 PM
jdmstar69
Driver

Nice car! What suspension are u on?
Old 02-03-13, 11:44 AM
93Gotjuice
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Jos
I'm thinking Wise Lip and 97 Side skirts lol!
Yes i have the 97 side skirts. There a must ^_^
Old 02-03-13, 11:56 AM
Jos
Driver

Originally Posted by jdmstar69
Nice car! What suspension are u on?
Thanks man! I'm currently on Supra shocks and Espelir springs.

Yes i have the 97 side skirts. There a must ^_^
Definitely! I'm trying to find some but I can't find any local so I'm gonna be patient to get the best deal possible. Having said that, if I can't get a wise lip at a decent price either I'm probably gonna see if I can find a 400 and take the stock lip off. I sit low enough as it is but I do want to go just a tad lower. Either via ground effects or getting coilovers.
Old 02-03-13, 12:14 PM
93Gotjuice
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Jos
Thanks man! I'm currently on Supra shocks and Espelir springs.

Definitely! I'm trying to find some but I can't find any local so I'm gonna be patient to get the best deal possible. Having said that, if I can't get a wise lip at a decent price either I'm probably gonna see if I can find a 400 and take the stock lip off. I sit low enough as it is but I do want to go just a tad lower. Either via ground effects or getting coilovers.
I'll sell you my 400 lip, when i get my wise lip haha. Just cant seem to find one.
Old 02-19-13, 03:38 PM
Jos
Driver

Default A good weekend.

Out about in Ames this weekend taking my girlfriend back, I turned in to her parking lot and BOOM! My mouth hit the floor! This mother of a beast just chillin out in the apartment complex parking lot in Ames

I was really impressed with how good the SC looks even when REALLY dirty. (I detailed her when I got home, she's all spic and span now)

To be honest I would never trade my SC for a GTR... Yes it's a beautiful car but I don't think I'd get attached to it like the SC. Has anybody ever had a crappy day got in the SC and driven home and realised once you're there that the car just made the bad day go away? That's exactly why I wouldn't trade it. That and the fact I'd be in jail...

Anyways, here's a few pics. I'll upload a few more of the GTR if anyone wants.
Oh and the driver of the Nissan was a 5 ft 5" skinny Asian girl. She was actually really nice and complimented my SC Although when I told her to use launch control she had no idea what I was saying. Maybe a good thing...

Old 02-19-13, 05:12 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

What a beautiful Nissan...
Old 02-19-13, 09:41 PM
Jos
Driver

It was absolutely gorgeous, if it hadn't rained and been extremely windy it would have looked just like it got detailed the day before, mainly because it had. Oh and it only had 3746 miles on the dash... absolutely immaculate. Made me jealous...

Quick Reply: Jos's '93 SC300 Build Thread - Ongoing.