Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

Pete's GS400 Build Thread

Old 01-10-16, 06:36 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

thanks for update on the tires... can't believe its been that long already... Where did you order them from?
Old 01-11-16, 08:51 PM
Sevenevez
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tmf2004
thanks for update on the tires... can't believe its been that long already... Where did you order them from?
i think i have bought my wheels and a good 3 sets of tires from Aaron at A Spec Wheels & Tires in CA
Old 01-26-16, 03:42 PM
Sevenevez
Racer

Default Programming your Built-In Garage Door opener. aka Homelink

I got sick of having that ugly rattling remote clipped to my Visor. I had my buttons programmed before at my last house, but finally got around to programming it for my current house.

It's very easy. But i always forget

Step 1:
Of those 3 little buttons, hold both outside buttons down for 20 seconds to clear any previous codes (starts blinking once cleared)

Step 2:
Hold one of the 3 buttons you want to operate your garage door until it blinks. KEEP holding it down and then place your crappy handheld controller about 1 inch away and hold that button down until the Blinking goes to rapid blinking. Then let go of both. If your Garage door is actually a "Homelink" brand, you would be done at this point. But none of mine ever are, so, on to step 3.

Step 3:
Grab a ladder and get to the actual receiver mounted on the cieling and you will see a "Learn" button on it. Press that once. Get off the ladder, go back into your car and press your new programmed button twice. Right now you should hear your Garage door make a couple subtle click noises showing it has just learned your Lexus' built in button.

Good to go now
Old 02-28-16, 04:19 PM
Sevenevez
Racer

So i have had a lot of starting and power issues. Replaced battery (luckily was less than a year old so it was under warranty) and the new one was draining down to like 10v after just a few hours of driving. Bought a trickle charger and starting machine just to keep it alive. Had the local part store check it and they said my alternator was shot. So i ordered a new alternator

My buddy Adamn helped me get it in there. was a tight squeeze took about 3+ hours or so because the power steering pump was blocking it. So we jut loosened that up and pulled it out about an inch then had enough to swap with the new alternator.

But i was still having sporadic starting / cranking problems. Figured maybe the terminal was bad. So i replaced that. Turns out that was one of the biggest issues this whole time.

Couple pics

Old 04-10-16, 08:47 PM
LamProd
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spent three hours reading this entire thread lmao made an account to interact with members lol love your build man much respect for the many diy stuff ����
Old 04-11-16, 12:21 PM
Sevenevez
Racer

Originally Posted by LamProd
Spent three hours reading this entire thread lmao made an account to interact with members lol love your build man much respect for the many diy stuff ����
hey, thats awesome. i love hearing this stuff. thanks for going through the whole thread. you getting motivated is equal motivation for me to do some more stuff too. i been working on my other car like a maniac. about time for me to get back to the Lex. thanks, LamProd
Old 04-12-16, 01:17 AM
Foob
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sevenevez
hey, thats awesome. i love hearing this stuff. thanks for going through the whole thread. you getting motivated is equal motivation for me to do some more stuff too. i been working on my other car like a maniac. about time for me to get back to the Lex. thanks, LamProd
Following you on instagram, had to keep replaying that video of you crushing the cans with the shoebox, that ride is freaking awesome! Props to you for the builds.
Old 04-18-16, 10:41 AM
Sevenevez
Racer

Originally Posted by Foob
Following you on instagram, had to keep replaying that video of you crushing the cans with the shoebox, that ride is freaking awesome! Props to you for the builds.
haha, awesome man. thanks, i appreciate it
Old 04-18-16, 01:54 PM
cptndan
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just went throughout the whole build thread. Love all the pictures of the DIY projects. Some of it is not my style, but your car is super clean and obviously you put a lot of hard work into it. Which I can really respect! Also, in regards to your tires wearing choppy, alignment wear. When you get your alignment done throw in a little bit of positive toe. This will combat the camber wear and make those tires last a little longer. Keep it up, man!
Old 05-05-16, 03:10 PM
Sevenevez
Racer

Originally Posted by cptndan
Just went throughout the whole build thread. Love all the pictures of the DIY projects. Some of it is not my style, but your car is super clean and obviously you put a lot of hard work into it. Which I can really respect! Also, in regards to your tires wearing choppy, alignment wear. When you get your alignment done throw in a little bit of positive toe. This will combat the camber wear and make those tires last a little longer. Keep it up, man!
hey man, thanks for checkin out the whole thread. and i know a lot of my style doesn't jive with everyone else's taste. some of it i tried, then looked back and changed my mind and ended up trashing the original idea. so, it's all good. and yeah, i know my cambered maxed out to as close as it can get. maybe the toe will help. to be honest these last tires i got have no cupping and really surprised me on how well they are lasting considering they were cheap as hell. thanks!
Old 05-05-16, 03:11 PM
Sevenevez
Racer

Couple fresh daytime shots out here in Yuma on the graffiti wall

Old 05-08-16, 01:00 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Looking good, Pete. Haven't seen you on here in a while.
Old 05-10-16, 09:32 PM
Sevenevez
Racer

Originally Posted by ThomasGS4
Looking good, Pete. Haven't seen you on here in a while.
Hey Thomas, thanks, i'm still around here and there. Hope you been doing well man
Old 06-30-16, 11:37 AM
Sevenevez
Racer

Take a ride with me

Old 06-30-16, 04:54 PM
Sevenevez
Racer

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pete's GS400 Build Thread