Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

Pete's GS400 Build Thread

Old 12-20-15, 03:13 PM
Sevenevez
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Hope you guys all have a great Holiday season and NYE. Here's to 2016.

shot out the back window while driving

Old 12-21-15, 02:37 PM
mlracing
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Love the back window shot
Old 12-25-15, 10:15 PM
Foob
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Merry Belated Christmas Pete! And a Happy Early New Years!

I've been following this thead since before my CL account. Your car has always been an inspiration for me. After getting my first job with a steady paycheck, I've been starting to mod my 2gen, first sound system, with a reverse camera, and now just before Christmas I ordered a set of Spec-D's from K2. Soon to grab some new wheels, and lower the car a bit with the Christmas bonus, then plan to get the whole car painted either in factory black or black with a blue or purple pearl to it, still deciding lol.
I got a quick question for you though, if you get a chance. Don't remember which year your gs is but for your Spec D tails, were you able to use the stock bulb for the reverse? Not sure if the later model 2gs had the same reverse light socket size as the earlier (1998) kind and I want to know if I could just tag em on or if I should order the reverse lights before they come.
Thanks in advanced!

Last edited by Foob; 12-25-15 at 10:41 PM.
Old 12-28-15, 09:55 AM
Sevenevez
Racer

Originally Posted by mlracing
Love the back window shot
Thanks man. that was an odd one. I looked out my rear view mirror and saw it and snapped it while driving. The sun always looks real red through the tint

Originally Posted by Foob
Merry Belated Christmas Pete! And a Happy Early New Years!

I've been following this thead since before my CL account. Your car has always been an inspiration for me. After getting my first job with a steady paycheck, I've been starting to mod my 2gen, first sound system, with a reverse camera, and now just before Christmas I ordered a set of Spec-D's from K2. Soon to grab some new wheels, and lower the car a bit with the Christmas bonus, then plan to get the whole car painted either in factory black or black with a blue or purple pearl to it, still deciding lol.
I got a quick question for you though, if you get a chance. Don't remember which year your gs is but for your Spec D tails, were you able to use the stock bulb for the reverse? Not sure if the later model 2gs had the same reverse light socket size as the earlier (1998) kind and I want to know if I could just tag em on or if I should order the reverse lights before they come.
Thanks in advanced!
Hey man, thanks for the kind words. I'm always glad to hear this thread serves a purpose for other members. And yeah, mine is a 2000 so it uses the older style tails. And if i recall, i used my factory reverse light bulbs in it too. What kind of wheels are you looking at? Also, The paint with the pearl in it might be cool. Post a pic of your ride or a link to your thread. Happy New Year!
Old 12-28-15, 10:12 AM
Sevenevez
Racer

Snapped a few last pics to round out 2015

Old 12-28-15, 11:10 AM
Alphaman19
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Hey Pete,
I know you've answered this somewhere before but what's the size and offset of those wheels?
Old 12-28-15, 03:07 PM
Foob
Driver

Hey man, thanks for the kind words. I'm always glad to hear this thread serves a purpose for other members. And yeah, mine is a 2000 so it uses the older style tails. And if i recall, i used my factory reverse light bulbs in it too. What kind of wheels are you looking at? Also, The paint with the pearl in it might be cool. Post a pic of your ride or a link to your thread. Happy New Year!
Thanks for the reply!

The wheels I'm looking into are Lumarai Kya in 19in Staggered
Front 8.0 37 5/114 60 1.25" 245
Back 9.5 44 5/114 60 2.75" 275

Here they're without lowering the car.
Planning on getting new Shocks and new coilovers forget the brands for the moment lol

The paint color would either be the stock Obsidian Black (212), or Mitsubishi Pearl Labrador Black X42 MZ313375. Which is the Black with the blue pearl like on the new Mitsubishi Outlander Sport.

Here's My sound system install:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...em-98-nak.html

Super Dooper Quick question, did you ever put a shift boot on your car? I don't remember if you did. If you did would you happen to remember the dimensions of the boot you made? I'm planning on a shop in Palm Beach to do it near me in FL I thought if i could get the dimensions they could just ship me the boot. Single Stiched, thanks so much!
Old 12-29-15, 02:10 PM
Sevenevez
Racer

Originally Posted by Alphaman19
Hey Pete,
I know you've answered this somewhere before but what's the size and offset of those wheels?
no prob. they are:
Front: - 19X8.5 +30 on 225/35R19
Rear: - 19X9.5 +25 on 255/35R19

Thanks for the reply!

The wheels I'm looking into are Lumarai Kya in 19in Staggered
Front 8.0 37 5/114 60 1.25" 245
Back 9.5 44 5/114 60 2.75" 275

Here they're without lowering the car.
Planning on getting new Shocks and new coilovers forget the brands for the moment lol
The paint color would either be the stock Obsidian Black (212), or Mitsubishi Pearl Labrador Black X42 MZ313375. Which is the Black with the blue pearl like on the new Mitsubishi Outlander Sport.

Super Dooper Quick question, did you ever put a shift boot on your car? I don't remember if you did. If you did would you happen to remember the dimensions of the boot you made? I'm planning on a shop in Palm Beach to do it near me in FL I thought if i could get the dimensions they could just ship me the boot. Single Stiched, thanks so much!
ahh i remember Lumarai. arent they designed specifically for lexus? i checked out your system thread too. looks good, must sound great.

yes, i put a shift boot on mine. actually i think i did about 6 of them before i got it right haha.
these pics will give you an idea. my final template i made ended up being about 16in from edge to edge as you can see it below here

template

This was a tan one i did using old armrest leather.

this is how i have it now
Old 12-30-15, 01:40 AM
Foob
Driver

Originally Posted by Sevenevez
no prob. they are:
Front: - 19X8.5 +30 on 225/35R19
Rear: - 19X9.5 +25 on 255/35R19

ahh i remember Lumarai. arent they designed specifically for lexus? i checked out your system thread too. looks good, must sound great.

yes, i put a shift boot on mine. actually i think i did about 6 of them before i got it right haha.
these pics will give you an idea. my final template i made ended up being about 16in from edge to edge as you can see it below here
Indeed they are designed specifically for Lexus vehicles. Thanks for checking it out haha. Yes it sounds great, could have the 2 10's booming hard when I want lots of bass, but then tone them down when I want more highs without the bass being over powering. Good stuff I got some brackets coming from Nigel in a couple weeks to finish the faceplate to look more oem.

That looks fantastic, i can't get over how great your interior came out to be exactly what you had in mind haha.
Does the shift boot get stuck when shifting from gear to gear? I'm going to the shop most likely next week to have them stich something up for me. I can't tell in the pic but did u go with a single or double stich? I like the look of single to make it more flexible than double or +.
Old 12-30-15, 11:22 AM
Sevenevez
Racer

Indeed they are designed specifically for Lexus vehicles. Thanks for checking it out haha. Yes it sounds great, could have the 2 10's booming hard when I want lots of bass, but then tone them down when I want more highs without the bass being over powering. Good stuff I got some brackets coming from Nigel in a couple weeks to finish the faceplate to look more oem.

That looks fantastic, i can't get over how great your interior came out to be exactly what you had in mind haha.
Does the shift boot get stuck when shifting from gear to gear? I'm going to the shop most likely next week to have them stich something up for me. I can't tell in the pic but did u go with a single or double stich? I like the look of single to make it more flexible than double or +.

i just did single stitch so it wasnt so thick to fit under the bezel. and 16in was what i finally figured would let me pull the gear shifter all the way down to the Manual and lower gears.
Old 12-31-15, 01:18 AM
SpectraBlu
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Your interior looks sick!! I really like the black dash, armrest, and doors with the tan interior
Old 12-31-15, 07:26 AM
Alphaman19
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by SpectraBlu
Your interior looks sick!! I really like the black dash, armrest, and doors with the tan interior
Same here! The black and tan combo really "pop".
I thought about switching to an all black interior but after seeing this...
Old 01-03-16, 06:47 PM
Sevenevez
Racer

Originally Posted by SpectraBlu
thanks man. my daughter always says it doesnt look right. haha, cant please em all

Originally Posted by Alphaman19
Same here! The black and tan combo really "pop".
I thought about switching to an all black interior but after seeing this...
i think its a cool contrast. and original. plus its cheaper than replacing Everything with black, which is awesome too. i have just never liked that weird greyish color mixed in with our tan interiors.
Old 01-10-16, 02:10 PM
Sevenevez
Racer

Man, i gotta chime in and just compliment these cheap asz tires i bought over a year ago.

My first set i bought were Falkens
My second set was Federal
BOTH of those two brands only lasted me about 6 months.
and i work from home and rarely drive far.

well, these Mayruns have lasted me over a year and i have put more miles on my GS this year than the last 3 combined.

So, yeah, Mayrun sounds weird and i thought they would be pretty wack, but they have proven their affordability to me for sure. One day i will be able to afford a michelin or a toyo or whatever the good brands are. But for now, once these go bad, i will most likely buy another set of mayruns
Every once in awhile, cheap stuff makes the cut. Lord knows my whole build has been on a very small budget all the way through. Just passing the info on.

Old 01-10-16, 02:31 PM
Sevenevez
Racer

For the time being, this is my latest debacle.
My "other" girlfriend had a blow out and i need to switch her from Bias Ply tires to custom radials and put a fresh frontend/steering rebuild kit on it to tighten her up before i can back to do anything cool on the Lex

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pete's GS400 Build Thread