Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

Pete's GS400 Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-13, 08:15 PM
Sevenevez
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tmf2004
U should be ok with the proper Epoxy and drying time.. Looks like its held on pretty well
it took a lot of finagling man. more heat gun and another dose of epoxy to get her flush without gaps. might end up molding it in after all.
Old 01-06-13, 09:31 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Sevenevez
it took a lot of finagling man. more heat gun and another dose of epoxy to get her flush without gaps. might end up molding it in after all.
Honestly molding it is the way to.. Just recently i developed a crack in my mold from a rock chip from driving.. Other than that its held up pretty well after all these years.. I'll be getting it remolded here soon..
Old 01-07-13, 07:34 AM
GSALLBLACK
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice work, i like how your grill came out. I have a black one as well going to do the same.
Old 01-08-13, 03:41 PM
Sevenevez
Racer

well hello there UPS.

Old 01-08-13, 03:46 PM
Sevenevez
Racer

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Honestly molding it is the way to.. Just recently i developed a crack in my mold from a rock chip from driving.. Other than that its held up pretty well after all these years.. I'll be getting it remolded here soon..
Yeah, i got that thing on there now! haha, you could hit my bumper with a sledgehammer and that lip and going anywhere. I think i am still going to mold it though as my epoxy lines are visible

Originally Posted by GSALLBLACK
Nice work, i like how your grill came out. I have a black one as well going to do the same.
Thanks man, i am sure i saw someone somewhere in this forum with the same look which influenced me.
Old 01-10-13, 07:17 AM
Sevenevez
Racer

My passenger mirror is cracked and i am going to get a new cover for it, but, it seems to swivel freely and loosely. as opposed to the driver side that is solid and doesnt move. Is there a trick to keep it still aside JB Weld ???
Old 01-11-13, 02:07 PM
Sevenevez
Racer

Default Wheels On!

Staying with my small budget, I wasn't going to pay more than i did for the car for some Maya RT5's. I gotta say thanks to member "projectdna" for directing me to the right tire fitment. So anyways, i went with staggered PRIVAT LEGENDE Matte Graphite/Machine Lip wrapped in FALKEN FK-452's.

Front: - 19X8.5 +30 on 225/35R19
Rear: - 19X9.5 +25 on 255/35R19

Pics

Theres only one way to break in a fresh set of tires on a GS400

Whole block was smoked out.
Neighbor is a Fire Chief, luckily he was cool with my lead foot antics

That gorgeous AZ sky reflected off the Onyx

I can already hear the comments! - "MOAR LOW"
Old 01-12-13, 11:52 AM
Sevenevez
Racer

^ BTW: My 55MPH shake/wobble is gone! amen. rides much more solid.
Old 01-12-13, 01:35 PM
Sevenevez
Racer

so far easiest DIY on CL was disabling the DRL's by BossGS4. Took all of 5 minutes.

Old 01-22-13, 10:50 PM
Sevenevez
Racer

This thread started by j stuff is a must see for those looking into coilovers. After research i went with Megan EZ's. They were out of stock everywhere from Florida to Cali and even the Megan factory until February at least. Finally i found a joint in Chicago that had a set and did a price match on top of it. So, don't be afraid to ask to match the best price you can find. Got the Moog Ball Joints comin' in also along with a few other "maintenance" things.
Old 01-23-13, 07:14 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

This thread started by j stuff is a must see for those looking into cheap coilovers. After research i went with Megan EZ's. They were out of stock everywhere from Florida to Cali and even the Megan factory until February at least. Finally i found a joint in Chicago that had a set and did a price match on top of it. So, don't be afraid to ask to match the best price you can find. Got the Moog Ball Joints comin' in also along with a few other "maintenance" things.
fixed for you.....and before you get all antsy im on megans also but they are what they are. a cheap coilover (they were supposed to be a temp coilover while my HKS LS got rebuilt but issues happened with them) they are much better than some but far behind a lot. for the money i would prefer to go with a set of custom Stance since you can spec them to your needed spring rate. im probably fixing to buy a set of Ohlins from Japan (if you ride motorcycles you know about Ohlins and their quality a lot of them use separate tube reservoirs . put it this way factory ducati's and EVERY Lamborghini Aventador use them. best suspension i have ever owned i had some on my 92 hatch ages ago and my 2004 gsxr.

Last edited by sakataj; 01-23-13 at 07:21 AM.
Old 01-23-13, 12:40 PM
Sevenevez
Racer

^ i hear ya brother. i appreciate your knowledge and experience. im on a hella budget so i am doing what i can within the budget i have. they will go low enough for me to just kill the uneven gap of front and rear. im not slammin camber or nuthin just need her low with no gaps
Old 01-23-13, 07:08 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This might seem like such a minimal post. But the first thing i ****** up when i grab a new ( used ) car is these "Wonder Wafers" it took me a long time to find an air freshener that came close to a new car smell. The "New Leather" ones always been the best. They are more of a commercial product as opposed to all the annoying consumer fresheners at your local auto part store. Get em on eBay if you are interested.

How long do they last and how many do you use in the car at one time
Old 01-23-13, 11:23 PM
Sevenevez
Racer

^ a couple months. throw one wafer under the passenger seat. "new leather" scent is the key
Old 01-24-13, 12:29 AM
armanitran
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your car is looking great!

Quick Reply: Pete's GS400 Build Thread