GS4001999
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 99 GS 400
Old 07-04-13, 08:58 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

Oh my god. You are one of the 'greats' in the GS forums... For a 'recent' member you sure keep this section lively and active with your wicked one-off projects/creativity!

Did you end up figuring out those neckpad designs?
Old 07-05-13, 03:54 PM
Loyalone72
Driver

[QUOTE=Sevenevez;7841803]So the other day i noticed one of my license plate lights were out. So i figured i would just get like 8 of the Xenon White LED SMD Wedge's. They fit a lot of our slots ( T10 194 2825 158 168 T8 )

Here they are, Paid $20 for 8 of them

Replacing the bulbs was extremely easy everywhere EXCEPT the license plate lights. Haha, what the hewl? You have to take off the whole trunk liner to get at them!!!
So, i have broke so many of those freakin clips in vehicles in my past i figured i would take my tail to the store and buy the damn tool. This thing saved me so much time and broken plastic. Had the whole liner out in maybe 2 minutes.

Liner

There they ARE!

Seven,

Where did you get your bulbs? I got mine and they dont fit very secure, they look a bit different than the ones your had. They dont wedge in very well and are sloppy.

They look like the white one in this picture...
Attached Thumbnails Pete's GS400 Build Thread-14020264_1_.jpg  
Old 07-05-13, 11:05 PM
Sevenevez
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GS4001999
I have 99 GS 400
Congrats! oh what a feeling. GS4 one of my favorites i have ever owned!

Originally Posted by 01LEXPL
Oh my god. You are one of the 'greats' in the GS forums... For a 'recent' member you sure keep this section lively and active with your wicked one-off projects/creativity!

Did you end up figuring out those neckpad designs?
That's a hell of a compliment man. I dont think im one of the "greats" i just do what i can with thoughts in my mind. As far as the Neck Pads, I gotta try to do a couple more sets to make them look better. Piping on the edges, maybe a little smaller. I dunno. They are hella comfortable though. I just need to make em look better

Originally Posted by Loyalone72
Seven,
Where did you get your bulbs? I got mine and they dont fit very secure, they look a bit different than the ones your had. They dont wedge in very well and are sloppy.
They look like the white one in this picture...
yeah, i think they are all kinda crappy. Mine are different than yours but i think i had 2 bulbs that were bad. And some i had to like spin the tip slightly to get a better connection. But they were so cheap i didnt mind
Old 07-06-13, 02:19 PM
Revive
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've been through a lot of led bulbs and they're all pretty much like that. Some don't even work, some are sloppy inside the sockets. Good thing they usually come in bulk and are cheap!

OP I love the fact you're doing things all on your own. Most build threads are before shop / after shop type ordeals. Awesome seeing guys putting in the time! Heck, I did my turbo install in the garage over a 3 day weekend.
Old 07-06-13, 04:55 PM
Loyalone72
Driver

The ones Seven posted look like they are a bit thicker around the base like the original bulbs. They are even clear like the original bulbs. I can't seem to find them. Seven do you remember where you ordered yours? Do they fit snug in the sockets?
Old 07-07-13, 06:44 AM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

told ya that you inspired me....

i appreciate you, my man!!!
Old 07-07-13, 11:39 AM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Impressive GS build bro, loved the fact that you've done a lot yourself! Keep up the good work!

steve
Old 07-07-13, 03:17 PM
tiger4life
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Zip ties work well

Last edited by tiger4life; 07-07-13 at 03:20 PM.
Old 07-07-13, 09:28 PM
Sevenevez
Racer

Originally Posted by Revive
I've been through a lot of led bulbs and they're all pretty much like that. Some don't even work, some are sloppy inside the sockets. Good thing they usually come in bulk and are cheap! OP I love the fact you're doing things all on your own. Most build threads are before shop / after shop type ordeals. Awesome seeing guys putting in the time! Heck, I did my turbo install in the garage over a 3 day weekend.
Thanks man. A full turbo install in a weekend? Now THATS inspiration!

The ones Seven posted look like they are a bit thicker around the base like the original bulbs. They are even clear like the original bulbs. I can't seem to find them. Seven do you remember where you ordered yours? Do they fit snug in the sockets?
I doubt they fit any more snug than yours. Some worked well, some were crap.

Originally Posted by DrRick
told ya that you inspired me....
i appreciate you, my man!!!
HEWL YEAH DrRick! looks like it turned out great! what is that a G37?

Originally Posted by lilSCsteve
Impressive GS build bro, loved the fact that you've done a lot yourself! Keep up the good work! steve
Thanks man. I'm tryin
Old 07-16-13, 10:00 AM
PeetyPablo
Driver School Candidate

man that's impressive, I spent that last hour looking at your thread I live here in the AZ would like to check out your ride I don't know if they have a club out here or if peeps meet up to show there GS off.
Old 07-16-13, 11:15 AM
Sevenevez
Racer

Originally Posted by PeetyPablo
man that's impressive, I spent that last hour looking at your thread I live here in the AZ would like to check out your ride I don't know if they have a club out here or if peeps meet up to show there GS off.
thanks for checkin out the thread PeetyPablo. They do meet out here at the Tempe Town Lake Pavilions i think. I have never met up but would like to sometime if live ever freed up the hours to do so. You can get with the AZ folks here at the Southwest Regional section - https://www.clublexus.com/forums/southwest-24/
Old 07-19-13, 09:27 AM
MNchiver
Driver School Candidate

Love the rim choice, do you have any pictures rolling?
Old 07-22-13, 10:20 AM
Loyalone72
Driver

Seven,

Where are your windshield wipers? Mine ride up pretty high and are quite noticable... did you do something to get them to hide more under the hood?
Old 07-22-13, 06:10 PM
JEBAAY
Driver

Seven,

Where are your windshield wipers? Mine ride up pretty high and are quite noticable... did you do something to get them to hide more under the hood?
Open your hood and pull down on the wiper arm.They will slide into the summer position.

Quick Reply: Pete's GS400 Build Thread