Build Threads Details on Club Lexus IS-F owner vehicles

oztiks "Build Thread" - not very exciting, just some pics, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-12, 10:55 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what part of FL are you in? i have 2 12 W5 in mine, overkill! I love the black my 2Is which my mom drives now is black...I have a USB now but a part of me will always be partial to black (just hard to keep clean).
Old 12-18-12, 11:22 PM
JrBully
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can't go wrong with black on black. What suspension are you on?
Old 12-19-12, 08:57 PM
oztiks
Lexus Test Driver

Wow.. thread got busy quick! Thanks for all the positive feedback!

Originally Posted by iH8RICERZ
Lookin good!!! Whats next?
Have a roof spoiler waiting to be painted. That's about it for now.

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
Looks good! I like how wide the F is in the rear. Good stance without having to do much with the wheels and tires.
Yeah, the key is offsets, though. My rear fenders are rolled by about 1", however.

Originally Posted by ShadowISF
I like the blacked out emblems. Nice.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
Nice Pics! Black on Black is the way to go.
I think you and i have the most neglected (least washed) black IS-F's ever.

Originally Posted by DS2k
Awesome looking car! if you could tell me the offsets for your wheels I would greatly appreciate it
I honestly do not have the offset information, I picked these wheels up second hand and even the original owner/builder is not 100% sure on the offsets (trust me, if I knew, I would say).
I think the offsets are definitely a dictating factor in all wheel configs, but other little things play into it a lot as well (wheel style, the way the lips are done, etc). I am very fortunate that these are nearly perfect fit (after much DELICATE rear rolling and shaving some unpleasant sharp metal tabs )

That being said - these are the "nearest" known offsets for the wheels:

High +30's front/Low +50's rear

Some suspect they might even be 40-ish in the front and 54(?) in the rear. I did not measure before I mounted them, because I honestly didn't care as long as they fit as intended.

Originally Posted by Wakemaker8
Love to see the black on black emblems. I am looking forward to doing this myself here in the near future. Your build is very similar to what I hope to achieve looks wise from my F.
Thanks! If you want to get a good idea of the black emblems - go grab some plastidip. I can honestly say I'm dangerously addicted. I've gotten an "interesting" look out of it. I am not spraying too heavy on the logos so you actually get a slight opacity and the chrome comes through a little bit - it almost looks like the emblems are powder coated during the day.

Originally Posted by HEWITT
How are the subs????
The enclosure is a great fit. The subs I am undecided on. I am running a passive LOC from the ML amp to a JBL 1200.1 (1200 watts RMS @ 4ohms). We have the gain on amp set to the absolute minimum and it's still a bit overpowering. The subs that were in the enclosure were JL W0V3-4. I feel as if they don't "blend" in with the factory system as much as i'd like. That could be due to them being overpowered by my amp, or simply the way JL builds them. I actually swapped one sub out to one of my old Infinity Kappa Perfect 10.1's today, and running the subs separately I actually like the Infinity much better. So, lots TBD. I may get closer to the quality i want with the JL's by doing an LCI2, but I really don't want to spend any more money on the sound (the goal was to use as much existing stuff I had as possible )

Originally Posted by robertrios
what part of FL are you in? i have 2 12 W5 in mine, overkill! I love the black my 2Is which my mom drives now is black...I have a USB now but a part of me will always be partial to black (just hard to keep clean).
I can imagine the 2 12's being killer. The 2 10's wouldn't necessarily win me any contests but performed WAY better than I imagined in such a small enclosure.

I'm all over florida, but mostly in West Palm, Gainesville, Ft Laud, and North Miami.

I do love the black too - but it is a b*tch to keep clean. I wanted SGM, but black was all that I could find.. argh! the USB is beautiful, though.

Originally Posted by JrBully
You can't go wrong with black on black. What suspension are you on?
I am on BC coilovers. I had JIC on my 2008. The BC's are very different, but still good (ESPECIALLY value/$). The quality of them seems pretty good, and being 30 way adjustable actually "shows" on these. My JIC's were 15 way(?) and while you could adjust them, you didnt feel much difference in the car. With the BC's, you go a few clicks in either direction and it honestly seems to exhibit a much more direct response/correlation to the feeling of the car.
Old 12-19-12, 08:58 PM
oztiks
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by robertrios
Hey! You have PM
Old 01-03-13, 01:23 PM
vrmRollLex
Rookie

looking good man! loving the blacked out emblems too!!
did you every work out all the kinks on the stand alone fog mod?
Old 01-03-13, 02:00 PM
oztiks
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks! I actually had a setback with the fog mod so i am glad it hadnt been duplicated by anyone else. Right now its disabled and i need to do some more testing. The wiring is so tiny and tight in the ecu compartments that its a pain to get anything done.
Old 01-03-13, 02:06 PM
jdm_altzza
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice F man... looks really nice!!
Old 01-03-13, 02:20 PM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

very clean
Old 02-28-13, 03:08 PM
oztiks
Lexus Test Driver

ISS Forged DES!

Old 02-28-13, 08:57 PM
LO 21
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

You're going to LOVE this thing. Have fun downshifting, the sound is delicious. And then do some downshifting in Manual mode. It's not even fair..
Old 03-01-13, 02:41 PM
oztiks
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah, definitely pretty happy with the exhaust....
Old 05-24-13, 08:40 AM
oztiks
Lexus Test Driver

finally, decent exhaust videos (cell phone mics have a low freq filter, my digital camera doesnt!)

Old 05-27-13, 01:13 PM
ISSForged
Driver

Originally Posted by LO 21
You're going to LOVE this thing. Have fun downshifting, the sound is delicious. And then do some downshifting in Manual mode. It's not even fair..
LOL Agree!