Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS460 owner vehicles

yottabyte's LS460L Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-12, 11:30 PM
lei_z_ass
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by yottabyte
thanks! nope, don't have any gauges or monitoring system. I didn't even think about it. I'll do research to see if I need them.
You dont need them but they do help to know if you are riding to high or low when the accuair self leveling hasnt made adjustments. I just like to know whats going on with my tank pressure as well as each strut.
Old 12-19-12, 09:47 AM
brianlin87
Resident JDM Snob

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

I bought the 2010 IS side mirrors from Ebay just for the outer shell and signal light only. Then I used a dremel to grind the existing mirror frame so that the IS cover will fit around the existing mirror frame. Let me know if you need more info. I may have some pics when I was working on this project.
Interested in this.
Old 12-19-12, 08:22 PM
yottabyte
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brianlin87
Interested in this.
to get a good deal, try to find a 2010 or above IS side mirrors that have been damaged but the outer shell and signal lights are still good.

Click below for instructions on how to disassemble and route the power wires to the new covers:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...k-warning.html

below are before and after shots:
Attached Thumbnails yottabyte's LS460L Build Thread-1a.jpg   yottabyte's LS460L Build Thread-1b.jpg   yottabyte's LS460L Build Thread-2a.jpg   yottabyte's LS460L Build Thread-2b.jpg  
Old 12-19-12, 08:29 PM
yottabyte
Driver

more pics. use the back cover to see if its going to fit properly.
Attached Thumbnails yottabyte's LS460L Build Thread-14.jpg   yottabyte's LS460L Build Thread-10.jpg   yottabyte's LS460L Build Thread-3a.jpg   yottabyte's LS460L Build Thread-3b.jpg  
Old 12-19-12, 09:41 PM
CBS70
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the pictures and the link to wiring them up. Very informative. Question, looks like you cut quite a bit from the original mirror frame. Does the new cover use the same mounting holes?

Powder coated calipers look great I like the matte finish better than painted high gloss although that's nice as well. You stated the rotors are OEM, What do those run and where can I pick some up.

Again great job so far man
Old 12-19-12, 11:13 PM
yottabyte
Driver

Originally Posted by CBS70
Thanks for the pictures and the link to wiring them up. Very informative. Question, looks like you cut quite a bit from the original mirror frame. Does the new cover use the same mounting holes?

Powder coated calipers look great I like the matte finish better than painted high gloss although that's nice as well. You stated the rotors are OEM, What do those run and where can I pick some up.

Again great job so far man

thanks!

I think only one out of three uses the same mounting holes. But I was able to used three or four screws to hold the cover in place.

I got the "Premium Dimpled and Slotted Brake Rotors " from http://brakeperformance.com but I used AutoZone's "Duralast Gold Cmax/Brake Pads". They are ceramic brake pads with rubber shim layer. Four rotors cost me around $400.

Last edited by yottabyte; 12-19-12 at 11:22 PM.
Old 04-01-13, 10:40 PM
yottabyte
Driver

I could not make up my mind on what body kit to get, so I had Thon at CIC Auto Paint and Body add two inches to the OEM front bumper, rear bumper, and side skirts.
Attached Thumbnails yottabyte's LS460L Build Thread-1.jpg   yottabyte's LS460L Build Thread-2.jpg  
Old 04-01-13, 10:45 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

very nice , car looks great.
Old 04-02-13, 12:32 AM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I could not make up my mind on what body kit to get, so I had Thon at CIC Auto Paint and Body add two inches to the OEM front bumper, rear bumper, and side skirts.
hmm.. thats a good idea anymore pics ??
Old 04-02-13, 03:23 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Adding to the existing oem pieces....Thats pure genius..wow, what a great idea!!!! But I have to admit the front bumper especially still looks normal to me..maybe this mod is so subtle I am not noticing it because with the car dumped so low it's throwing me off...or maybe April Fools or something lol.

Last edited by CJITTY; 04-02-13 at 03:34 AM.
Old 04-02-13, 04:59 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

What a great idea so simple it's brilliant and it looks fantastic!
Old 04-02-13, 06:05 AM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I love it. I like mods that an average person thinks it factory. Subtle mod looks like it belongs there.
Old 04-02-13, 06:11 AM
jayhoang
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

The sideskirts I can notice for sure. The front bumper looks great - for those with aftermarket air and set all the way down, the original bumper still looks high and almost looks like it curves up.

Looks wicked!
Old 04-02-13, 06:22 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by jayhoang
The sideskirts I can notice for sure. The front bumper looks great - for those with aftermarket air and set all the way down, the original bumper still looks high and almost looks like it curves up.

Looks wicked!
Agreed on the side skirt, def can tell. But did you just add 2 inches more on the corners to create more of a curve or did you add to the entire surface? It is hard to compare without a reference of what it looked like before but props to that installer who made that happen. I think you just started a new trend. I am wondering how they did that Car looks really good
Old 04-02-13, 07:50 AM
datplayaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 3 Posts

The only thing I don't like about the front is that in the middle of the front bumper, it lifts up making the car look higher then the rest of the car, but that's how they designed it. But overall I'm really liking the new look with it on the ground.

Quick Reply: yottabyte's LS460L Build Thread