Gold gs on SSR GT3

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-15, 12:45 PM
tiger4life
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by ExtremeDimensions
Hello,

Looking at the notes on my system it looks like my CS department asked you if you wanted to keep the parts, to which you said yes....

You received 70.00 credit on 99.00 skirts, which you agreed to. That's not a bad deal.
Everything you said is true, but you guys should not be shipping product this bad. I starting trying to fix them before I knew you were on here because your website says no returns due to fitment. I would have gladly taken replacements that were the correct length. I was not offered replacements. I told you "hey look at what I'm trying to fix" and I got offered a credit. Authentic ones have sold on here for $250 recently. I would've waited for another pair to pop up if I had known of these problems beforehand, my impatience got the best of me. I have had this car for 8 years and plan to keep it much longer. The foam I had to use will not hold up over time. I have to figure a ghetto way to attach the front because I had to cut the skirts underneath. I said in my post above I got $70 back, I have nothing to hide. I understand reps won't be perfect but when something is that bad, I would think the proposed solution is "do you want us to send you a better replacement or do you want all your money back and keep working with it". They were on clearance, I paid $148 out the door. I don't really think the other $78 dollars was going to hurt your bottom line. it's seems like good will would have been a full refund. I am just trying to educate other members out there. I know you may not be the most happy about it but at least I didn't make a separate thread to put you on blast. I understand fitment can be off, but the 1/2" short on both. Most members wouldn't have went through what I did to try to get them on the car, they would have had to throw them in the trash because a shop would give them the I don't want to do it price like I got ($1200 painted and installed.) It's an unfortunate situation, but it is what it is.
Old 07-01-15, 12:51 PM
tiger4life
Instructor

Other people have bought your stuff and said it was ok. Maybe it was an anomaly, I don't know. I do wonder if you checked the remaining stock to avoid having someone else go through this. Like I said no hard feelings. I was thinking about getting the matching rear bumper but I just don't have confidence in what I will receive. Other members can make their own decisions, I'm just documenting my build here.
Old 07-01-15, 01:11 PM
tiger4life
Instructor

And furthermore. I'm willing to pay for a decent product. If you look a few post above all of this, I was considering getting Version Select skirts which are $430 shipped and are replicas. I had seen them on a few cars and was told that they fit ok. I really like the look of the RMM skirts more so I never pulled the trigger. I had saw your skirts on your website on clearance months ago. I almost pulled the trigger when I first saw them but did not due to quality concerns and I did not know anyone who could vouch for fitment. When I realized a few months later that your "XPLOSION" reps were the same as "RMM", I pulled the trigger. I didn't just buy them due to price. I bought them because I wanted the RMM style and I was too impatient to wait for used authentic ones to pop up for sale.
Old 07-31-15, 12:29 PM
tiger4life
Instructor

Finally found calipers for the rear. Will be running 6 pot brembos in the front and 4 pot brembos in the rear. Also got my high disc faces re-drilled. I really hope the rear calipers fit behind the low disc faces because I don't want to run spacers or have to get more faces for the rear wheels.
Attached Thumbnails Gold gs on SSR GT3-img_20150731_134758.jpg   Gold gs on SSR GT3-img_20150731_134956.jpg   Gold gs on SSR GT3-img_20150731_135353.jpg   Gold gs on SSR GT3-11330566_1628328907408083_745462145_n.jpg  
Old 08-01-15, 06:34 AM
nyc80rick
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Nice. hope the rear works out for you
Old 08-01-15, 09:35 AM
AKGWBver2
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I know this is kind of off topic regarding your side skirt issues but what are the specs on your wheels man, they are absolutely gorgeous and fit your car so well.
Old 08-03-15, 07:25 PM
amlexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Skirts flow really well with everything else. Not too aggressive but still has a nice presence. Well Done !
Old 10-31-15, 07:35 PM
tiger4life
Instructor

Unfortunately, no real updates (still need to install my breed fenders and rebuild my wheels). Built some wooden ramps and swapped in some new caster arms today and still have the clunk. That only leaves the steering shaft or the steering rack bushings since I have literally changed everything else on the front end. Upper/lower control arms, inner/outer tie rods, lower ball joints, caster arms, sway bar links and bushings. I hate this suspension sometimes.....

Also adjusted the coilover heights to level the car (it leaned to the driver side too much). Getting an alignment next week and hopefully that fixes the traction control always kicking in around curves. I already changed the steering angle sensor and yaw rate sensor, so the lean or tire sizes are my last culprits.

Anyone know if excess camber can cause the traction control to kick in? I am only running around -2.2 front and -2.7 rear. I don't think the traction system can sense the camber, can it?
Old 12-21-15, 02:19 PM
mike36
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey , where did you order your lips and barrels for you SSR's? I have a set of faces that I'm try to rebulid.
Old 12-21-15, 03:30 PM
tiger4life
Instructor

Originally Posted by mike36
Hey , where did you order your lips and barrels for you SSR's? I have a set of faces that I'm try to rebulid.
It is a long story but you don't want to do what I did since it involved custom work because the lips and barrels did not initially fit. You should just contact Wheelflip or VRWheels for lips and barrels. That what I will do when I rebuild my wheels.

Edit: Looking at your photobucket, I think I tried buying inner barrels off of you on Stanceworks a while back.
Old 04-11-16, 12:18 PM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Tiger,
Your car's one of the reasons I came back to the GS in gold again!

Love your setup
Old 04-11-16, 04:41 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

any update with all the new parts?
Old 04-11-16, 08:07 PM
tiger4life
Instructor

Originally Posted by tiguy99
Tiger,
Your car's one of the reasons I came back to the GS in gold again!

Love your setup
Thanks, not sure it will stay gold after bodywork though.

Originally Posted by tmf2004
any update with all the new parts?
Unfortunately no. I have had other more important matters to tend to the last 6-8 months. Probably not going to be able to start working on the car for another 3-6 months. Car looks like a mess right now. Had a family member back into my front fender so now I have no choice but to install the Serialnine fenders if I move forward. Also had a front wheel bend due to the terrible roads. Didn't want to fix that so now I have a spare in the front. Really discouraged with the car right now and don't really want to sink cash into it, but I probably will ignore my rational side and continue anyway.
Old 04-11-16, 10:30 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by tiger4life
Thanks, not sure it will stay gold after bodywork though.

Unfortunately no. I have had other more important matters to tend to the last 6-8 months. Probably not going to be able to start working on the car for another 3-6 months. Car looks like a mess right now. Had a family member back into my front fender so now I have no choice but to install the Serialnine fenders if I move forward. Also had a front wheel bend due to the terrible roads. Didn't want to fix that so now I have a spare in the front. Really discouraged with the car right now and don't really want to sink cash into it, but I probably will ignore my rational side and continue anyway.
i hear yea, ive had to replace a coil and a front tire due to a flat after hitting a hug dip in the road.. all with in 2 weeks span.. Had the tire balanced twice and still vibration at 70 to 80 mph,... thinking the rim might be bent like yours.. been discouraged to..
Old 09-03-16, 12:13 PM
tiger4life
Instructor

Well, I ignored my rational side. JDM OEM optional skirts have been installed. I wanted to wait and install my front fenders at the same time, but the timing didn't work out. The RMM reps are for sale if anyone is interested.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/2ge...-for-sale.html
Hopefully in the next month, I 'll be able to install the front fenders. Then I need to learn how to weld for the rears......
Attached Thumbnails Gold gs on SSR GT3-20160903_140801.jpg   Gold gs on SSR GT3-20160903_140812.jpg  

Quick Reply: Gold gs on SSR GT3