Got one! 95/SC400/Injen/Magnaflow~Clean~Platinum/Black

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-15, 11:48 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by Studiogeek
Thanks Gerrb,
You will see me lots soon. I'm going to drive down and patiently stalk your house until you invite me in to get properly boosted ;-)
Originally Posted by lilSCsteve
Ur right, we need to head to Gerrb's house, and lex stalk him...LMAO!
steve

You guys don't have to stalk me, you are free to come to my place in North Atlanta anytime as long as I am there. I will be glad to help with only one condition, you work on your car and I help you get it done.. I want you to learn so if one day you have problems , you know how to tinker with your car and get it running again. Those local to me knows that. It is what I ask of them when they needed my help...I don't charge anybody for the help I give. Someone up there had already and keeps on rewarding us when we do good to others .

Many had asked me to work on their cars or do their swap and I always say "I don't work on other people's car"... I simply will help if you are willing to work on your car.

So you guys just let me know when you need my help and if I am free, I will help.
Old 01-10-15, 01:35 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by gerrb
You guys don't have to stalk me, you are free to come to my place in North Atlanta anytime as long as I am there. I will be glad to help with only one condition, you work on your car and I help you get it done.. I want you to learn so if one day you have problems , you know how to tinker with your car and get it running again. Those local to me knows that. It is what I ask of them when they needed my help...I don't charge anybody for the help I give. Someone up there had already and keeps on rewarding us when we do good to others .

Many had asked me to work on their cars or do their swap and I always say "I don't work on other people's car"... I simply will help if you are willing to work on your car.

So you guys just let me know when you need my help and if I am free, I will help.
MAN! That is awesome! I of course PREFER to learn. i know once I'm boosted, i will have to know how to fix it because the average mechanic will be lost. Thank you so much for the awesome offer. I would love to take you up on it!

Thanks Again Gerrb!
SG
Old 01-10-15, 02:47 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

MAN! That is awesome! I of course PREFER to learn. i know once I'm boosted, i will have to know how to fix it because the average mechanic will be lost. Thank you so much for the awesome offer. I would love to take you up on it!

Thanks Again Gerrb!
SG
Yes sir I am serious .. I am willing to help anyone who wants to work on their cars and share the little I know. Local forum members know that very well. That is what I have been doing when I am free and someone requests for my help.
Old 01-10-15, 03:11 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 228 Likes on 208 Posts

Hell, I want in on this road trip!
Old 01-21-15, 08:38 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by t2d2
Hell, I want in on this road trip!
We are going to need a bus!
Old 01-21-15, 08:53 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Yep! And a trailer with all our additional parts...lol
Old 01-21-15, 09:40 PM
SC400slide
In Recovery Mode

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
Yes sir I am serious .. I am willing to help anyone who wants to work on their cars and share the little I know. Local forum members know that very well. That is what I have been doing when I am free and someone requests for my help.
I'd also be happy to help out...if I didn't live in the middle of nowhere. Sure wish there were more Club Lexans out here in NM.
Old 01-22-15, 03:43 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

lmaol...you guys are funny !

When you are ready with all your parts, go for it. It ain't rocket science. A lot of good people like Ali, Omar and others on this forum will surely help ... just a PM or a phone call away.

You will never learn how to swim unless you get out there into the waters or drive till you actually get beyond the wheels on the street. Nobody was born with a wrench on their hand . Doing is your best bet to learning. And with the help of people on this forum , you got good chances of succeeding.
Old 01-22-15, 05:03 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

THANKS SC400Slide and Gerrb!!!!!!
I will start to collect parts just as soon as I figure out the "Great Debate" in my head, NA-T or 1J/2J swap!
I have been stuck there for nearly a year!
Old 01-22-15, 05:21 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

THANKS SC400Slide and Gerrb!!!!!!
I will start to collect parts just as soon as I figure out the "Great Debate" in my head, NA-T or 1J/2J swap!
I have been stuck there for nearly a year!
Of course I am biased since I got 5 2jzgte toys , rather 6 with this run around SC Red Mamba Two

If I where you , I will rather keep on saving till I can do a 2jzgte for so many reasons. Some of them will be ...

1) More after market parts out there, so you have more options. That being said, prices are cheaper when there is competition.

2) We are never satisfied, you go into 300rwhp boost, you want want 500 , then 700 then +1000rwhp ...never ending desire to go more. If you started with the best JZ platform then you have more room to grow.

There are other advantages but these are what comes to my mind at this point. Well of course, the downside is you will spend more on the base longblock which is the 2jzgte as compared to the 2jzge and 1jzgte.

So it all boils down to how , where or what will the use of the car be ? Then set your power goal and then choose the platform , 2jzgte, 2jzge or 1jzgte. And so you can set and save the funds needed. Or collect the parts slowly based on your end goal. But set that plan / goal firmly or you will end up buying then changing your mind and selling parts at a lower price, thus throwing money down the drain.

Also remember, these toys are MONEY PIT ... build your car wisely .
Old 01-22-15, 05:06 PM
lilSCsteve

Well said! This is why I'm still saving! lol
Old 04-14-15, 08:39 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

OK, this car is staying NA. I have a Dave H kit (and other things) coming for the 5 speed, 300. I will likely appreciate the 1UZ simplicity after working on understanding the NA/T build. Boost talk will move to my Sc300 thread.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Got one! 95/SC400/Injen/Magnaflow~Clean~Platinum/Black-img_0942.jpeg   Got one! 95/SC400/Injen/Magnaflow~Clean~Platinum/Black-full-kit.jpg  
Old 04-16-15, 05:14 AM
lilSCsteve

^^^Nice! sooo Shiney!

steve
Old 06-14-15, 01:14 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

So, next for this car is:
Valve covers, starter and whatever else makes sense at 130K while in there.
Mounts, rear bushings.
Supercharge or nitrous wet shot., SAFC, injectors.
Replace cracked fiberglass Shine bumper with OEM/Fujin poly combo.
Attached Thumbnails Got one! 95/SC400/Injen/Magnaflow~Clean~Platinum/Black-driverside-rear.jpg   Got one! 95/SC400/Injen/Magnaflow~Clean~Platinum/Black-front-close.jpg   Got one! 95/SC400/Injen/Magnaflow~Clean~Platinum/Black-is-wheel.jpg  
Old 06-14-15, 01:31 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

You are on the roll buddy... NA-T for one , then supercharged for the other ! Way to go .

Quick Reply: Got one! 95/SC400/Injen/Magnaflow~Clean~Platinum/Black