Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Maserati
What's the update with the SC?
Originally Posted by myLEXsc400
yeah, i've been waiting too!
Hey guys,
It is quite hard to do however I am trying to wait on putting the Shine kit (- nose), stock 95 nose, Wise lip on until spring. It seemed crazy to paint in the winter and risk the damage parking on the street part time. We are also planning a move in the spring to a place with a GARAGE! (yayyy).

I have all of the parts now (including an OEM lip in case I prefer it or crack the Wise.

In the meantime, last month I did.
Timing belt/Water pump kit kit, radiator/hoses, new battery/alternator, O2 sensors, Rack/control arm bushings, custom fuel line/filter, power steering hose unions, spark plug wires (again). I also finally changed the passenger side rotor that I could not get out when I did my first tuneup last summer.
Every time I consider painting this winter, I will instead attack a mechanical issue until I make it thru to spring. I will then install the new kit and paint the new parts.

Thanks for asking! New look to be unveiled pretty soon!
I can't wait for the kit and paint!
Old 01-03-14, 06:10 PM
myLEXsc400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Studiogeek
Hey guys,
It is quite hard to do however I am trying to wait on putting the Shine kit (- nose), stock 95 nose, Wise lip on until spring. It seemed crazy to paint in the winter and risk the damage parking on the street part time. We are also planning a move in the spring to a place with a GARAGE! (yayyy).

I have all of the parts now (including an OEM lip in case I prefer it or crack the Wise.

In the meantime, last month I did.
Timing belt/Water pump kit kit, radiator/hoses, new battery/alternator, O2 sensors, Rack/control arm bushings, custom fuel line/filter, power steering hose unions, spark plug wires (again). I also finally changed the passenger side rotor that I could not get out when I did my first tuneup last summer.
Every time I consider painting this winter, I will instead attack a mechanical issue until I make it thru to spring. I will then install the new kit and paint the new parts.

Thanks for asking! New look to be unveiled pretty soon!
I can't wait for the kit and paint!
definitely a good idea to wait till spring. I damaged the hell out of my lip drifting my 96 in the snow a couple days ago. chicago got hit with a snow storm and it was all fun and games till the snow got harder and taller then the height of the car

spring needs to come sooner! your car will look amazing
Old 05-06-14, 12:49 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Exclamation

Damnnnnnnnn,

Every time I get ready to put on the kit and paint, I need more mechanical work. This month it was:

1) New rack and pinion
2) New PS pump
3) Mechman high output alternator
4) New upper and lower control arms
5) Prothane poly control arm bushings in front
6) New tie rods inner and outer
7) New sway bar end links
8) New sway bar bushings
9) Replaced PS high pressure hose
10) New Jegs poly steering rack bushings
11) New Rotors all around
12) New rear calipers
13) New high performance brake pads all around
14) Installed voltmeter in dash
15) Installed back up camera (for wife)
16) Installed gooseneck mount for iPad mini (bluetooth to head unit for music and Nav)

Next, same love fest for the rear end. I have Diff and Sway bar bushings, I have to find the subframe bushings and buy control arms or just poly bushings for them.

THEN I will install kit and paint. It is so hard to check my ego and be patient on body work. I just can't bring myself to spend money on the body until the car is mechanically perfect, and it's getting really close.
With all the stuff I replaced, I will never sell this car. I am driving it until the wheels fall off.

All that said, this car now feels AMAZING now. The front end work made it feel like a new car. It is truly a joy to drive in this condition. I stiffened it and dropped it way down (BC Racing Coils). I couldn't be happier....

I hate putting off the body work again (sorry Matt ) but I'm sure you all agree, it is the prudent thing to do.
Old 05-06-14, 02:57 PM
myLEXsc400
Lexus Test Driver

I hate putting off the body work again (sorry Matt ) but I'm sure you all agree, it is the prudent thing to do.
Hahahaha, you got that right. You will now pretty much have a 2014 SC400. Nothing better then that feeling that your pride and joy car is running perfect. I can be patient with the body work, since my patience has been tested with all the shops I've been dealing with getting my NA-T SC300 running right. I only got to enjoy it for one day this year before it had to get flatbedded back to the shop.
Old 05-06-14, 04:26 PM
Maserati
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Whoa dude! 2014 SC indeed lol, damn man i didn't change my leaking ps pump yet your changing everything! i should totally follow your example!
Old 05-06-14, 05:42 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by myLEXsc400
Hahahaha, you got that right. You will now pretty much have a 2014 SC400. Nothing better then that feeling that your pride and joy car is running perfect. I can be patient with the body work, since my patience has been tested with all the shops I've been dealing with getting my NA-T SC300 running right. I only got to enjoy it for one day this year before it had to get flat bedded back to the shop.
a) It does feel REALLY good man.

b) Woah, What happened man?

Originally Posted by Maserati
Whoa dude! 2014 SC indeed lol, damn man i didn't change my leaking ps pump yet your changing everything! i should totally follow your example!
Watch that pump Mas! you know that Sc domino effect. I think you are probably more handy than I am, get a junkyard or used pump and a kit. It looked pretty easy. Also Autozone had them for like $140 or so. You don't want to kill alternators like me. It's my third one in two years.

Good luck fellas!
Old 05-07-14, 01:43 PM
aswang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

in for updated pics!

I know how you feel as I've replaced so many parts in the last year or so. Cheers.

off topic -- where do you go when you're in md? I wouldn't mind meeting up with you sometime, bring the sc down. Also, my sister is in Queens, but i don't know if I could drive the sc up there..lol
Old 05-07-14, 08:47 PM
myLEXsc400
Lexus Test Driver

The car had multiple boost leaks, the injector seals didn't hold up more then a day, and i had to replace the lower intake runners. the car kept dying out and just dumped fuel at WOT. The shop said it should be ready by Monday
Old 05-07-14, 10:06 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

reasonably priced wheels. Cobra R reps look awesome IMO, that's my car. sorry if it's a little dark , haven't taken any pics lately and it's 80 degrees tmr so car wash and pics!!! they're 17x9 btw
Attached Thumbnails Got one! 95/SC400/Injen/Magnaflow~Clean~Platinum/Black-dsc_1010.jpg  
Old 07-10-14, 06:04 PM
myLEXsc400
Lexus Test Driver

where are the updates, man? you've been quiet for a minute...
Old 10-07-14, 05:56 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Been busy with the 5 speed and 97' 300 but I finally got a AC/Shine bumper to go with the Shine sides and rear I've been sitting on in my storage room for this car. I plan to have the kit installed and painted within a week. I can now finally get the car fully looking as it should. Believe it or not, I still have the goofy bumper from the top of this thread installed (the rest of the kit was removed long ago). I refused to put a penny into the body upgrades until every mechanical issue, we could find was sorted out. We have finally gotten to this point. Pics soon!
Old 10-07-14, 02:55 PM
myLEXsc400
Lexus Test Driver

Been busy with the 5 speed and 97' 300 but I finally got a AC/Shine bumper to go with the Shine sides and rear I've been sitting on in my storage room for this car. I plan to have the kit installed and painted within a week. I can now finally get the car fully looking as it should. Believe it or not, I still have the goofy bumper from the top of this thread installed (the rest of the kit was removed long ago). I refused to put a penny into the body upgrades until every mechanical issue, we could find was sorted out. We have finally gotten to this point. Pics soon!
Respect for having the priorities in order
Looking forward to the pics on both and the red one
Old 12-07-14, 05:17 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Exclamation

Shine kit and paint going on finally!!
Attached Thumbnails Got one! 95/SC400/Injen/Magnaflow~Clean~Platinum/Black-shine-on-1.jpg  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Got one! 95/SC400/Injen/Magnaflow~Clean~Platinum/Black