Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 4GS owner vehicles

IAMJAVEDG's Fire Agate Pearl 4GS Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-12, 10:42 AM
IAMJAVEDG
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow IAMJAVEDG's Fire Agate Pearl 4GS Build Thread

I'd like to thank Vossen, Falken, PPE Engineering, GT Haus, D2 Racing, Lexus of Pembroke Pines, and SKP Dezign for being a part of this build!
  • SKP Dezign (Skipper) Aero Kit
  • F SPORT Front End Conversion (Bumper, Grilles)
  • Prototype Lowering Springs (Company TBA if they decide to produce these)
  • D2 Racing Big Brake Kit - Front 14.1" Cross Drilled Two Piece Rotors / 8 Piston Caliper
  • D2 Racing Big Brake Kit - Rear 14.1" Cross Drilled Two Piece Rotors / 4 Piston Caliper
  • Vossen Wheels VVS-CV7 Polished Front 20x9 Rear 20x10.5
  • Falken FK453 Tires
Teaser Video by Vossen:

Last edited by IAMJAVEDG; 12-10-16 at 09:39 AM.
Old 12-06-12, 11:00 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

i think it's safe to say that this is the "HOTTEST" 2013 GS this side of the planet. the FAP definitely launched it over the top. i agree with you on the commercial/mainstream colors. when i saw the car it was up on a dyno and i thought it was Obsidian until you kindly corrected me. you did a great job on choosing the way you wanted this car built... with a little help i'm sure but it's your baby and your project so i take my hat off to you. you have one of those "DAMN I WISH I HAD THAT" type of car. so again i applaud you and waiting to see what else you have in store (don't know what that could be) it's just right IMO. not overdone, classy, sporty and elegant.
Old 12-06-12, 11:17 AM
LuxoRocket
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Mooarrr pics please!
Old 12-06-12, 11:18 AM
IAMJAVEDG
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
i think it's safe to say that this is the "HOTTEST" 2013 GS this side of the planet. the FAP definitely launched it over the top. i agree with you on the commercial/mainstream colors. when i saw the car it was up on a dyno and i thought it was Obsidian until you kindly corrected me. you did a great job on choosing the way you wanted this car built... with a little help i'm sure but it's your baby and your project so i take my hat off to you. you have one of those "DAMN I WISH I HAD THAT" type of car. so again i applaud you and waiting to see what else you have in store (don't know what that could be) it's just right IMO. not overdone, classy, sporty and elegant.
Thanks for the kind words all the work was done at home and at a local body shop (Amazing Autoworks) they let me borrow their lift and CL member iSuxeL helped wrench away.

I wanted the car to be what it is from factory, just a bit more enhanced to bring out the luxury sport character of the car. I had plans for forced induction but to be honest the car drives so nice the way it is, I don't think it need's the extra power and headaches that come with boost.

A different set of wheels and a new suspension setup are in the works but other than those two thing's this is pretty much it!

Originally Posted by LuxoRocket

Mooarrr pics please!
More pics on the way!
Old 12-06-12, 11:26 AM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 117 Likes on 44 Posts

Whoa nice build! Cant wait to see more pics! How low does the Skipper aero kit hang? Im torn between that and the Wald. May have to go skipper route just because so many GS have wald now; though it would be cool to have a Wald GS & IS
Old 12-06-12, 11:54 AM
600rr05
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looking forward to pics. and side note VOSSEN makes some SICK videos.
Old 12-06-12, 12:10 PM
1111GS

Received 90 Likes on 78 Posts

It's not easy to make colored subject look good on BW background but yours did. Very nicely done.
Old 12-06-12, 01:20 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by bnlexus
It's not easy to make colored subject look good on BW background but yours did. Very nicely done.
BN... pics and you tube "DO NOT" do this car justice. you have to personally be in front it, right next to it, behind it etc.. and your only reaction would be to smile. you're right, it's very nicely done.
Old 12-06-12, 03:21 PM
ialexxx
Driver

I see a lot of 4gs or well a couple at least that have the D2 BBK. Just wondering if it was custom made or what? cause im interested in getting a bbk, but just dont want to risk buying a kit that isnt meant for it
Old 12-06-12, 05:49 PM
1111GS

Received 90 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
BN... pics and you tube "DO NOT" do this car justice. you have to personally be in front it, right next to it, behind it etc.. and your only reaction would be to smile. you're right, it's very nicely done.
I have to agree with you. I have tried hard but sometimes just couldn't capture the moment. But I blame it on my photography skills and camera.
On the other hand, that clip was nicely done too. Almost perfect. They didnt capture the mirror light when he approached the car. Did he not have the fob in his pocket?!

Last edited by 1111GS; 12-07-12 at 06:01 AM.
Old 12-06-12, 06:14 PM
Nexson
Lead Lap

So I will see this car on Sunday at L of PP?
Old 12-06-12, 08:35 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

That is one nice-looking... and rare... 4GS.
Old 12-06-12, 08:51 PM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dude your car is gonna be super sick...
Old 12-06-12, 09:30 PM
IAMJAVEDG
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by JoshIS408
Whoa nice build! Cant wait to see more pics! How low does the Skipper aero kit hang? Im torn between that and the Wald. May have to go skipper route just because so many GS have wald now; though it would be cool to have a Wald GS & IS
Thanks Josh! The reason i went with Skipper over any other kit is because it respects the body lines of the car by flowing into the current lines rather than over lapping as most kit's do.

Many have asked / thought that the kit is a factory option because it seem's embedded into the bumper and skirts as if it came that way from factory. The kit doesn't hang much lower than the overall level of the bumper.

Originally Posted by 600rr05
looking forward to pics. and side note VOSSEN makes some SICK videos.
Likewise, I have not seen the full video yet but being a part of the Vossen team from pretty much the beginning, I can say this video is going to be epic. The media team keeps raising the bar higher each time by trying new things and giving their bright ideas a chance.

Originally Posted by bnlexus
That would be the expert work of Ayo Andrsn the Vossen creative director.

Originally Posted by ialexxx
I see a lot of 4gs or well a couple at least that have the D2 BBK. Just wondering if it was custom made or what? cause im interested in getting a bbk, but just dont want to risk buying a kit that isnt meant for it
This is actually the first and only 4GS with a D2 BBK. I believe you meant the stoptech that two other members have

Since there aren't many parts out for the car yet I had to do some research and cross reference part numbers - you can get any IS250 / 350 BBK and it will bolt up on the fronts, however for the rears I had to measure and machine custom brackets to get the kit to fit properly since I used a 14.1" rotor in the back as well as the front. If I had gone with a normal / recommended size rotor on the rears the included brackets might have fit.

There's only one way to find out! Trial and error.

Edit: This kit also retains the OEM parking brake.

Originally Posted by Nexson
So I will see this car on Sunday at L of PP?
it will be at LPP on sunday in the Hybrid Center.

Originally Posted by dseag2
That is one nice-looking... and rare... 4GS.
Originally Posted by Mjthind
Dude your car is gonna be super sick...
Thanks guys!

Last edited by IAMJAVEDG; 12-06-12 at 09:34 PM.
Old 12-07-12, 07:26 AM
LexFather

By far the best GS around right now. I can't wait to see it Sunday!

Quick Reply: IAMJAVEDG's Fire Agate Pearl 4GS Build Thread