Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GS Models > GS - Fourth Generation > Build Threads
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

I startz thread for reasonz ....Build Thread

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-13, 05:49 PM   #106
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)

sydtoosic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueprint View Post

Bro....I see you over there

For sure...wait till you see the vid...

Thanks bro.
did you say VID?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Old 03-15-13, 09:03 PM   #107
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Quote:
^^^ If you post a beak in my thread again I will attempt to have you banned J/K. That car is going to flop, there is no buzz at all for it. They had me at FWD...we would just get an ES hybrid.... and who wants to drive around with a P-AWS badge, I'm not 16..... I don't know why that car costs so much The tech is late, you have to get a loaded 60k model for cooled seats like that is some near feature and its Accord based. The GS has an entirely new platform, is not in anyway related to a Camry and costs less until you load it up with features not offered on the RLX. The RLX is Cadillac XTS comptition, Buick, ES, Taurus..yadda yadda The GS is best in class in driving, interior and some other areas.

Okay so I was quoted over $700 for a spring install by a dealer so I'm a little confused here. So talked to my buds at Buckhead Imports and they might do it. Not sure why a spring install is so much (and that is after discount). I'm trying to squeeze in a surprise in time as well..... Cause I see TriniGS over there
LOL, no more beaks, and yes the RLX will die on the vine, but it's nice to know the GS is now the interior benchmark for $60+ automobiles.

Old 04-02-13, 12:06 PM   #108
LexFather
Trader Score: ()

^^^ I honestly think its one of the best at any price, its that good.

Well finally something came.... CV4's
Attached Images

Old 04-02-13, 06:15 PM   #109
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

sydtoosic

Quote:
^^^ I honestly think its one of the best at any price, its that good.

Well finally something came.... CV4's
oh oh...
Old 04-02-13, 09:50 PM   #110
Vossen Wheels
info@vossenwheels.com

VossenWheels VossenWheels @vossen

CV4's are gonna look HOT!

Old 04-03-13, 09:22 AM   #111
LexFather

Well happy to say Buckhead Imports is currently working on the spring install. We organized a Lexus meet here this Saturday so hopefully those guys won't peek in here for the surprise They are a top notch shop in Atlanta and I'm turning them to the Lexus darkside as they traditionally work on BMW/Benz/Porsche etc and have some amazing M/AMG etc builds. The RS*R spring (down) install is in progress!

Photo 3 show stock wheel gap, if you put your key sideways that is about the gap size.

Photo 4 shows rear stock wheel gap, if you stand your key up, that is the gap size. So the rear has more gap.
Attached Images

Last edited by LexFather; 04-03-13 at 10:12 AM..

Old 04-03-13, 09:59 AM   #112
LexFather

Well got my first underbody walk around..interesting, I am stunned at how flat the underbody is and seeing the upgrades from 2-4GS personally is something.

Pic 1 shows that big 2 piece brake, the only car in its class and one of the only cars that is not an exotic that has this feature.

Pic 2 shows Donnie thinking "what has Mike gotten me into"

Pic 3 shows the front lower LCB, for newbies this is a brace to keep the car more rigid and its standard on every GS I've seen. this one seems solid, some people upgrade them to beefier units (Tom's/TRD etc) but I haven't seen anything for the 4GS.

Pic 4 is interesting and please job my memory if I am wrong but I don't recall a brace in the rear/middle of the GS like this before. So this adds additional rigidity to the vehicle.

Pic 5 is even more interesting. That silver area is what holds what we presume to be hydraulic fluid for the DRS "Dynamic Rear Steer" and you can see the black connections to the rear suspension/wheel to turn the vehicle slightly. Pretty neat!
Attached Images

Old 04-03-13, 10:45 AM   #113
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

sydtoosic

oh oh... BTW that's an oh oh , in a positive sense.
Old 04-03-13, 10:11 PM   #114
LexFather

Thanks bro.

Install went flawlessly. The car drives even better the slight looseness I felt is gone the car feels just incredible now. Took it on some familiar fun roads and I increased mph by right at 5mph... Car drives like stock in normal and sport cruising around.

Wife got her turn and loved it, she had no complaints. I could tell the car settled some more tonight compared to right after the install. The rear looks great, the front has less gap but doesn't look dumped.

Overall SUPER HAPPY. Pics to come and then CV4 install the RS*R down springs are so far highly recommended for those that want to give the car slightly better handling with a much better look minimizing wheel gap. These are the "down" springs.

Old 04-03-13, 10:35 PM   #115
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

sydtoosic

Quote:
Thanks bro.

Install went flawlessly. The car drives even better the slight looseness I felt is gone the car feels just incredible now. Took it on some familiar fun roads and I increased mph by right at 5mph... Car drives like stock in normal and sport cruising around.

Wife got her turn and loved it, she had no complaints. I could tell the car settled some more tonight compared to right after the install. The rear looks great, the front has less gap but doesn't look dumped.

Overall SUPER HAPPY. Pics to come and then CV4 install the RS*R down springs are so far highly recommended for those that want to give the car slightly better handling with a much better look minimizing wheel gap. These are the "down" springs.
nice... glad the wife (and you too) is happy with the new springs, can't wait to see the drop with the CV4s.
Old 04-04-13, 05:07 AM   #116
TriniGS
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (2)

Ohh snap. Cannot wait to see it on Sat. Glad the wife loves the drop.

VIP Modular VR-15 Wheels with SPF Finish, Tanabe Pro Five Coil-overs, Megan Rear Camber, SPC ball joint, Carson Tuned Lip Kit, Carson Tuned Mirror Covers, 3000k HID fogs.

2013 GS350 --Vossen CV4 Wheels, RSR Down Springs, Modellista JDM front lip, JDM Mud guards, rear spoiler, Carbon fiber roof spoiler.

2010 RX350 -- Front lip collecting dusk in garage
Old 04-04-13, 06:17 AM   #117
benztolex
Pole Position

Yep! She's going to look great. I'll have to do a drive by Sat to see this baby.

2006 GS300 Flint Mica ML/Vizualogic Roadtrip Elite
20x9 & 20x10.5 Vossen CV4 Matte Graphite Machined
Continental ContiSportContact 3 245/30/20 & 295/25/20
Tanabe NF210
G2 Caliper Paint (red)
Old 04-04-13, 08:24 AM   #118
LexFather

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriniGS View Post
Ohh snap. Cannot wait to see it on Sat. Glad the wife loves the drop.
Thanks bro, see you Saturday Is she coming cause she will be there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by benztolex View Post
Yep! She's going to look great. I'll have to do a drive by Sat to see this baby.

Thanks, would love to see yours Saturday as well!

Took this pic after dinner as it settled some. You can see the rear is much lower and the front is slightly lower and the car now sits really nice over the stock wheels. Very happy!
Attached Images

Old 04-04-13, 11:06 AM   #119
Vossen Wheels
info@vossenwheels.com

VossenWheels VossenWheels @vossen

The drop looks perfect! Glad the Mrs is happy with it!

Old 04-04-13, 11:37 AM   #120
Stinker
Driver School Candidate

Send a message via AIM to Stinker

Looks great!!!
Old 04-04-13, 11:37 AM

Closed Thread