For sure...wait till you see the vid...

Thanks bro.
did you say VID?
Old 03-15-13, 08:03 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Blueprint
^^^ If you post a beak in my thread again I will attempt to have you banned J/K. That car is going to flop, there is no buzz at all for it. They had me at FWD...we would just get an ES hybrid.... and who wants to drive around with a P-AWS badge, I'm not 16..... I don't know why that car costs so much The tech is late, you have to get a loaded 60k model for cooled seats like that is some near feature and its Accord based. The GS has an entirely new platform, is not in anyway related to a Camry and costs less until you load it up with features not offered on the RLX. The RLX is Cadillac XTS comptition, Buick, ES, Taurus..yadda yadda The GS is best in class in driving, interior and some other areas.

Okay so I was quoted over $700 for a spring install by a dealer so I'm a little confused here. So talked to my buds at Buckhead Imports and they might do it. Not sure why a spring install is so much (and that is after discount). I'm trying to squeeze in a surprise in time as well..... Cause I see TriniGS over there
LOL, no more beaks, and yes the RLX will die on the vine, but it's nice to know the GS is now the interior benchmark for $60+ automobiles.
Old 04-02-13, 11:06 AM
LexFather

^^^ I honestly think its one of the best at any price, its that good.

Well finally something came.... CV4's
Attached Thumbnails I startz thread for reasonz ....Build Thread-photo-3-2-.jpg   I startz thread for reasonz ....Build Thread-photo-4-2-.jpg  

Old 04-02-13, 05:15 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

^^^ I honestly think its one of the best at any price, its that good.

Well finally something came.... CV4's
oh oh...
Old 04-02-13, 08:50 PM
Vossen Wheels
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

CV4's are gonna look HOT!
Old 04-03-13, 08:22 AM
LexFather

Well happy to say Buckhead Imports is currently working on the spring install. We organized a Lexus meet here this Saturday so hopefully those guys won't peek in here for the surprise They are a top notch shop in Atlanta and I'm turning them to the Lexus darkside as they traditionally work on BMW/Benz/Porsche etc and have some amazing M/AMG etc builds. The RS*R spring (down) install is in progress!

Photo 3 show stock wheel gap, if you put your key sideways that is about the gap size.

Photo 4 shows rear stock wheel gap, if you stand your key up, that is the gap size. So the rear has more gap.
Attached Thumbnails I startz thread for reasonz ....Build Thread-drop1.jpg   I startz thread for reasonz ....Build Thread-drop2.jpg   I startz thread for reasonz ....Build Thread-drop3.jpg   I startz thread for reasonz ....Build Thread-drop4.jpg   I startz thread for reasonz ....Build Thread-drop6.jpg  

Last edited by LexFather; 04-03-13 at 09:12 AM.

Old 04-03-13, 08:59 AM
LexFather

Well got my first underbody walk around..interesting, I am stunned at how flat the underbody is and seeing the upgrades from 2-4GS personally is something.

Pic 1 shows that big 2 piece brake, the only car in its class and one of the only cars that is not an exotic that has this feature.

Pic 2 shows Donnie thinking "what has Mike gotten me into"

Pic 3 shows the front lower LCB, for newbies this is a brace to keep the car more rigid and its standard on every GS I've seen. this one seems solid, some people upgrade them to beefier units (Tom's/TRD etc) but I haven't seen anything for the 4GS.

Pic 4 is interesting and please job my memory if I am wrong but I don't recall a brace in the rear/middle of the GS like this before. So this adds additional rigidity to the vehicle.

Pic 5 is even more interesting. That silver area is what holds what we presume to be hydraulic fluid for the DRS "Dynamic Rear Steer" and you can see the black connections to the rear suspension/wheel to turn the vehicle slightly. Pretty neat!
Attached Thumbnails I startz thread for reasonz ....Build Thread-drop7.jpg   I startz thread for reasonz ....Build Thread-drop8.jpg   I startz thread for reasonz ....Build Thread-drop9.jpg   I startz thread for reasonz ....Build Thread-drop10.jpg   I startz thread for reasonz ....Build Thread-drop11.jpg  

Old 04-03-13, 09:45 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

oh oh... BTW that's an oh oh , in a positive sense.
Old 04-03-13, 09:11 PM
LexFather

Thanks bro.

Install went flawlessly. The car drives even better the slight looseness I felt is gone the car feels just incredible now. Took it on some familiar fun roads and I increased mph by right at 5mph... Car drives like stock in normal and sport cruising around.

Wife got her turn and loved it, she had no complaints. I could tell the car settled some more tonight compared to right after the install. The rear looks great, the front has less gap but doesn't look dumped.

Overall SUPER HAPPY. Pics to come and then CV4 install the RS*R down springs are so far highly recommended for those that want to give the car slightly better handling with a much better look minimizing wheel gap. These are the "down" springs.

Old 04-03-13, 09:35 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Thanks bro.

Install went flawlessly. The car drives even better the slight looseness I felt is gone the car feels just incredible now. Took it on some familiar fun roads and I increased mph by right at 5mph... Car drives like stock in normal and sport cruising around.

Wife got her turn and loved it, she had no complaints. I could tell the car settled some more tonight compared to right after the install. The rear looks great, the front has less gap but doesn't look dumped.

Overall SUPER HAPPY. Pics to come and then CV4 install the RS*R down springs are so far highly recommended for those that want to give the car slightly better handling with a much better look minimizing wheel gap. These are the "down" springs.
nice... glad the wife (and you too) is happy with the new springs, can't wait to see the drop with the CV4s.
Old 04-04-13, 04:07 AM
TriniGS
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ohh snap. Cannot wait to see it on Sat. Glad the wife loves the drop.
Old 04-04-13, 05:17 AM
benztolex
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep! She's going to look great. I'll have to do a drive by Sat to see this baby.
Old 04-04-13, 07:24 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by TriniGS
Ohh snap. Cannot wait to see it on Sat. Glad the wife loves the drop.
Thanks bro, see you Saturday Is she coming cause she will be there...

Originally Posted by benztolex
Yep! She's going to look great. I'll have to do a drive by Sat to see this baby.

Thanks, would love to see yours Saturday as well!

Took this pic after dinner as it settled some. You can see the rear is much lower and the front is slightly lower and the car now sits really nice over the stock wheels. Very happy!
Attached Thumbnails I startz thread for reasonz ....Build Thread-photo.jpg  

Old 04-04-13, 10:06 AM
Vossen Wheels
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The drop looks perfect! Glad the Mrs is happy with it!
Old 04-04-13, 10:37 AM
Stinker
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I startz thread for reasonz ....Build Thread