Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 4GS owner vehicles

I startz thread for reasonz ....Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-13, 11:55 AM
Vossen Wheels
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hurry up and get those springs on! Can't wait to see the Mrs.' GS sitting lower

Last edited by Vossen Wheels; 03-02-13 at 12:33 PM.
Old 03-02-13, 02:57 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Vossen Wheels
Hurry up and get those springs on! Can't wait to see the Mrs.' GS sitting lower
Agreed. Can't wait to see what the GS looks like with those springs on...
Old 03-06-13, 08:55 AM
LexFather

Talking

Thanks guys

Originally Posted by bigblack06
I see lowering springs, we need pics, actually I need pics I wanna see them.
Here they are Going to run 285/30/20 and 245/35/20 Nitto Invo. These are the "Down" springs for a conservative 1" or so drop. The Left side (skinner one) is the rear, the front is the one on the right, its wider.

In a bit of irony I forgot to ship the wheels so thats what I am waiting for
Attached Thumbnails I startz thread for reasonz ....Build Thread-photo-22-.jpg  

Old 03-06-13, 09:07 AM
LexFather

In regards to the car, it was sitting for awhile due to travel and I personally hadn't driven it for over a month. In that time I've driven quite a few cars, most more expensive than the GS.

Took her for a brief spin and I still find the car's interior and the overall build of the car as good as it can get. It feels worth every penny. I might not be head over heels with the stock looks but one sit inside reassures me this was a great decision.

Call it greedy but one thing I wouldn't mind is more power. For my wife, she is fine but for me it would be damn near perfect with 50more hp, let alone a 400hp V-8 or something else.

This also is a very engaging drive to most cars out there, if you were blindfolded (if that was possible) I assure you Lexus would be one of the last brands you name. Even at low speeds its "fun".

A couple of things we noticed as some light scratches on the glovebox and trim and I think I see a very tiny dent in the aluminum on one of the doors that dseag warned us about.

I've always been an interior junkie...this interior is just something special....can't stop talking about it.

Old 03-06-13, 09:10 AM
biggame
Lead Lap

Received 124 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Blueprint
In regards to the car, it was sitting for awhile due to travel and I personally hadn't driven it for over a month. In that time I've driven quite a few cars, most more expensive than the GS.

Took her for a brief spin and I still find the car's interior and the overall build of the car as good as it can get. It feels worth every penny. I might not be head over heels with the stock looks but one sit inside reassures me this was a great decision.

Call it greedy but one thing I wouldn't mind is more power. For my wife, she is fine but for me it would be damn near perfect with 50more hp, let alone a 400hp V-8 or something else.

This also is a very engaging drive to most cars out there, if you were blindfolded (if that was possible) I assure you Lexus would be one of the last brands you name. Even at low speeds its "fun".

A couple of things we noticed as some light scratches on the glovebox and trim and I think I see a very tiny dent in the aluminum on one of the doors that dseag warned us about.

I've always been an interior junkie...this interior is just something special....can't stop talking about it.
Nice, looking forward to seeing these with the 285 on the rear
Old 03-06-13, 03:12 PM
TriniGS
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Come on man. Drop that bad boy already. 285 in the rear huh. Sweeeetttttttttttt
Old 03-06-13, 06:27 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

this is going to be good...

Last edited by sydtoosic; 03-06-13 at 06:32 PM.
Old 03-06-13, 06:49 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Looking fwd to seeing it all put together!
Old 03-07-13, 09:33 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by biggame
Nice, looking forward to seeing these with the 285 on the rear

Originally Posted by TriniGS
Come on man. Drop that bad boy already. 285 in the rear huh. Sweeeetttttttttttt
Bro....I see you over there

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
this is going to be good...
For sure...wait till you see the vid...

Originally Posted by Tee
Looking fwd to seeing it all put together!
Thanks bro.

Old 03-07-13, 10:10 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

+1 I agree I truly wish there was more hp, but you get to drive your hybrid to make up for the lost power. Can't wait to see them installed.
Old 03-14-13, 06:41 PM
TriniGS
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hmmm. Seems like perfect weather this weekend for spring and wheel install. Anticipation building.......
Old 03-14-13, 06:45 PM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You all a bunch of baller with your 4th gens damn you lol
Old 03-14-13, 09:15 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Yes, I had a dent on the cupholder and the glovebox trim. Sewell Lexus replaced them at no charge during my 5k mile service. I have multiple dents on the driver's side trim, but I haven't even bothered with replacing it because 1) I don't see it when I'm driving and 2) whatever is causing it will cause it again after new trim is installed. The aluminum is fragile, but it is beautiful and at least we know it's real.

And yes, the interior is something special. We have a friend in town this week. We took her to dinner in my GS and she was raving about the color of the leather (Cabernet). Something special indeed. Even in this review of the Acura RLX, which retails for close to $60k, the reviewer says the interior isn't up to the standard of the GS. Doesn't mention MB or BMW... just GS. The comments are at 3:07 in the video.

Last edited by dseag2; 03-14-13 at 09:24 PM.
Old 03-15-13, 02:48 PM
LexFather

^^^ If you post a beak in my thread again I will attempt to have you banned J/K. That car is going to flop, there is no buzz at all for it. They had me at FWD...we would just get an ES hybrid.... and who wants to drive around with a P-AWS badge, I'm not 16..... I don't know why that car costs so much The tech is late, you have to get a loaded 60k model for cooled seats like that is some near feature and its Accord based. The GS has an entirely new platform, is not in anyway related to a Camry and costs less until you load it up with features not offered on the RLX. The RLX is Cadillac XTS comptition, Buick, ES, Taurus..yadda yadda The GS is best in class in driving, interior and some other areas.

Okay so I was quoted over $700 for a spring install by a dealer so I'm a little confused here. So talked to my buds at Buckhead Imports and they might do it. Not sure why a spring install is so much (and that is after discount). I'm trying to squeeze in a surprise in time as well..... Cause I see TriniGS over there

Last edited by LexFather; 03-15-13 at 02:54 PM.

Old 03-15-13, 04:10 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

^^^ LOL of all the cars........

Anyway, $700 is way too high. I think you should definitely install them elsewhere

Quick Reply: I startz thread for reasonz ....Build Thread