Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GS Models > GS - Fourth Generation > Build Threads
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

I startz thread for reasonz ....Build Thread

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-12, 11:45 AM   #61
rominl
exclusive matchup

Trader Score: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueprint View Post
I'll try to take pics to share. I'll walk by both in the garage and the 3GS puddle lights are very bright and pure (maybe they are not LED then) while the 4GS it is very yellow and just ewwwwww

Both interiors have LED lights and the 4GS seems brighter and more intense.
i fully understand what you are saying. the 3gs puddle lights are bright white. fwiw my ls460l had yellow puddle lights and for the longest time i was like wtf too. when my bulb burnt out and changed it, i was surprised to learn it's a blue tinted bulb from factory.

3gs interior LEDs are very weak, imho that's why they didn't use them in the ls460 (function > form). the new generation setup in the 4gs is night and day, finally it works perfectly
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Old 12-07-12, 02:53 PM   #62
jsch222
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)

The puddle lights should have been same brightness/bulb as the license plate light in my opinion. This is a failure in my opinion.
Old 12-07-12, 05:06 PM   #63
TriniGS
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (2)

Whattttttttttttttt, sweet ride. Glad the wife loves the car. That what really counts

VIP Modular VR-15 Wheels with SPF Finish, Tanabe Pro Five Coil-overs, Megan Rear Camber, SPC ball joint, Carson Tuned Lip Kit, Carson Tuned Mirror Covers, 3000k HID fogs.

2013 GS350 --Vossen CV4 Wheels, RSR Down Springs, Modellista JDM front lip, JDM Mud guards, rear spoiler, Carbon fiber roof spoiler.

2010 RX350 -- Front lip collecting dusk in garage
Old 12-17-12, 08:17 PM   #64
LexFather
Trader Score: ()

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominl View Post
i fully understand what you are saying. the 3gs puddle lights are bright white. fwiw my ls460l had yellow puddle lights and for the longest time i was like wtf too. when my bulb burnt out and changed it, i was surprised to learn it's a blue tinted bulb from factory.

3gs interior LEDs are very weak, imho that's why they didn't use them in the ls460 (function > form). the new generation setup in the 4gs is night and day, finally it works perfectly
Yup and I will be replacing lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsch222 View Post
The puddle lights should have been same brightness/bulb as the license plate light in my opinion. This is a failure in my opinion.
I hate them. Just ordinary yellow. How this car has LEDs everywhere but not the puddle lights. Time to get to modding

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriniGS View Post
Whattttttttttttttt, sweet ride. Glad the wife loves the car. That what really counts
Likewise now

Well tomorrow I take her in for some tint...wife wants tint..... Going to inspect the puddle lamps and order LEDs for that next....

Old 12-18-12, 02:49 PM   #65
LexFather

Cool

Called up my friends at Butler Tire and they referred NJWindowTinting

Nelson was a pleasure to deal with and got added 32% tint, the legal limit here. Like Trini this will be a conservative build I told him take his time, no rush and 3 hours later it was done. The vehicle does look better with the tint IMO.

They did great work and I will report how well it holds up. Here are crappy iPhone pics.

Working on some LEDs next...
Attached Images

Old 12-18-12, 04:21 PM   #66
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

sydtoosic

oh, oh. here we go. let the modding begin... this is just the beginning. tinting SP is a must.
Old 12-18-12, 04:33 PM   #67
SC400slide
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (5)

Jonathan Hoppman SC400slide Jonathan Hoppman Jonny Hoppman
Send a message via Skype™ to SC400slide

Should of tried out the variable tinting...
TLN# 49 "Burnt Brownie"
Old 12-19-12, 11:04 AM   #68
Trexus

tacademia@aol.com
Send a message via AIM to Trexus Send a message via Yahoo to Trexus

Looking real good with the tint Mike...

2014 Starfire Pearl GX 460
2011 Smokey Granite Mica CT 200h

1998 Red SC 400 - Gone but definitely not forgotten
1996 Star Sapphire Pearl GS 300 - Gone but not forgotten
1996 Classic Green Pearl ES 300 - 400,697 miles R.I.P.
Old 12-19-12, 11:10 AM   #69
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (33)

the chrome trim around the windows and front bumper would look so good in black. Nothing like black trim on a white car
Old 12-19-12, 11:11 AM   #70
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (1)

Looks great,Mike!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydtoosic View Post
tinting SP is a must.

Just had mine done.

'13 GS 350 AWD Starfire Pearl/Black
Luxury&Cold Pkg,BSM,LED Fogs,Puddles,Door Panels,Trunk,Reverse
'15 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring w/Tech AWD Crystal White Pearl Mica/Black

Old 12-19-12, 05:55 PM   #71
natnut
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Called up my friends at Butler Tire and they referred NJWindowTinting

Nelson was a pleasure to deal with and got added 32% tint, the legal limit here. Like Trini this will be a conservative build I told him take his time, no rush and 3 hours later it was done. The vehicle does look better with the tint IMO.

They did great work and I will report how well it holds up. Here are crappy iPhone pics.

Working on some LEDs next...
One thing I love about the 4GS and that your car's side profile illustrates so perfectly is how taut and "ready for action" the lines are.

The proportions of the car make it seem really lean and fat-free, almost as if it is bulging with muscles that are scarcely contained by its skin.
Brakes : Racingbrake 2 piece slotted rotors(front)
Engine : Torquemaster Star series spark plugs
Cosmetics/Interior : LED wedge lights, Chrome Trunk Bar, Borla exhaust tips,Blitz cabin filter, Luxer LEDs interior lighting,RMM Grille,TTE Trunk Spoiler
Old 12-19-12, 06:29 PM   #72
bigblack06
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (9)

Looks good, maybe the next mod is a black vinyl roof.

"It takes 8,460 bolts to assemble an automobile, and one nut to scatter it all over the road."-George Globel
2013 Lexus GS 350 F-Sport Remote Start/Glass Breakage/Heated Steering/Blind Spot Monitor/Tint/Vinyl Wrap/Philips U 6K/LED Fogs/J5 Coilovers/Rays GramLight 57FXX Wheels/Meisterschaft Exhaust/Invidia Mid Pipe/More To Come

Lexus GS 450h 2007 SOLD http://www.clublexus.com/forums/memb...450h-9909.html
Old 12-31-12, 06:42 PM   #73
LexFather

Thanks everyone. This is one odd car to me from an exterior standpoint and my opinion. At some angles I just love the look and the tinted windows helped tons. I parked it next to the 2GS and you can see the C-pillar pass along and the car still has the long hood, short deck but the lineage really lose its coupe like shape.

The plus side is we have had 5 people in the vehicle multiple times now and it is clear it is a roomier vehicle so while its stock, we end up driving it instead of the 3GS.

The compliments on the interior are constant. The funniest one was a conversation we had with some people over (TriniGS was there and they just bought a 4GS as well) and a friend said "I just don't want a car note". The girls ended up downstairs and my wife showed her car (funny, thats what I usually do) and the girl said "for that interior, I would get a car note" lol

The other funny part is the younger siblings seem to want to ride in her car over my 3GS thats pretty modded. Can't believe my wife has the "cooler" car right now lol

MPG ain't great, between 21-23. That is one thing about my GS 450h, it is clearly the faster car at any speed with 40 more hp but MPG is between 23-25 most of the time.

GS F-sport in 450h guise would be a dream here

Old 12-31-12, 08:01 PM   #74
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Talking

Quote:
Thanks everyone. This is one odd car to me from an exterior standpoint and my opinion. At some angles I just love the look and the tinted windows helped tons. I parked it next to the 2GS and you can see the C-pillar pass along and the car still has the long hood, short deck but the lineage really lose its coupe like shape.

The plus side is we have had 5 people in the vehicle multiple times now and it is clear it is a roomier vehicle so while its stock, we end up driving it instead of the 3GS.

The compliments on the interior are constant. The funniest one was a conversation we had with some people over (TriniGS was there and they just bought a 4GS as well) and a friend said "I just don't want a car note". The girls ended up downstairs and my wife showed her car (funny, thats what I usually do) and the girl said "for that interior, I would get a car note" lol

The other funny part is the younger siblings seem to want to ride in her car over my 3GS thats pretty modded. Can't believe my wife has the "cooler" car right now lol

MPG ain't great, between 21-23. That is one thing about my GS 450h, it is clearly the faster car at any speed with 40 more hp but MPG is between 23-25 most of the time.

GS F-sport in 450h guise would be a dream here
I fully agree that it is an odd car from an exterior design point, especially comparing to a 3GS. The first time I really noticed the lines behind the rear door handles that kick down and don't meet up with the lines in front of those door handles I thought WTF? Not the best from a pure aesthetic standpoint, but somehow it all seems to work and looks aggressive and purposeful. The interior really is a knockout.

I can't wait to see your next mods.

Happy New Year!

Old 01-01-13, 04:59 PM   #75
dsage
Driver

i like the red interior
Old 01-01-13, 04:59 PM

Closed Thread

Tags
92, cherry, gs, knockdown, lexus, millenium, mod, momma, performance, red, rsr, sc400, springs, tera, turned