Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

8052JZ's NA-T Build

Old 03-24-15, 09:26 AM
8052JZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So over the weekend ive been hitting 19psi all day long? I haven't touched the vacuum lines or the solenoid sense my last post but now its hitting 19psi no problem? The new Solenoid should be here sometime this week which ill put in to see if there's something wrong with the current one.
Old 03-25-15, 04:51 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Any news?

Top of the gate is leaking or the solenoid is defective.

Not building enough boost is easy fix, overboosting in the other hand is a pain..alot of hassle.
Old 03-25-15, 11:32 AM
8052JZ
Lexus Test Driver

So I pressure tested the the vac lines for the gates and turns out I had a cracked hose. Was rubbing against the downpipe, got warm and popped. Replaced it and now no leaks at the gates anywhere. I haven't had a chance to do a WOT pull to see if all is good. The tune is setup to hit 28psi so that's what it needs to be at.

Old 03-25-15, 11:40 AM
PaCowboy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you're finding all the small bugs in your setup!! I had a similar issue. Also had the coolant hose at the rest of the motor melt on the down pipe. That was a mess.

Originally Posted by 8052JZ
So I pressure tested the the vac lines for the gates and turns out I had a cracked hose. Was rubbing against the downpipe, got warm and popped. Replaced it and now no leaks at the gates anywhere. I haven't had a chance to do a WOT pull to see if all is good. The tune is setup to hit 28psi so that's what it needs to be at.

Old 03-25-15, 01:04 PM
99SC42
gte & na-t

I can send you the part# of the hose I use for boost reference its the hard hose very hard to melt!!

Glad you found it, now try to hit 28psi let us know!!
Old 03-25-15, 02:50 PM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by 99SC42
I can send you the part# of the hose I use for boost reference its the hard hose very hard to melt!!

Glad you found it, now try to hit 28psi let us know!!
I would suggest wrapping all your vaccuum lines to wastegates with DEI heat tape or DEI sleeve....

Here is how I did mine because I was concerned with the heat...I even wrapped the coolant hose coming from back of head....Never had a problem

Old 03-25-15, 03:00 PM
PaCowboy
Pole Position

I wrapped my coolant hose and it still melted. Thank gawd it started to leak in my driveway instead of when I was driving. I double wrapped it and when it gets warmer I need to weld a hard pipe in to be safe it will never happen again

Originally Posted by CatManD3W
I would suggest wrapping all your vaccuum lines to wastegates with DEI heat tape or DEI sleeve....

Here is how I did mine because I was concerned with the heat...I even wrapped the coolant hose coming from back of head....Never had a problem

Old 03-25-15, 03:03 PM
PaCowboy
Pole Position

How close is your dp to your coolant hose?

Old 03-25-15, 03:18 PM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PaCowboy
How close is your dp to your coolant hose?
Its pretty close...Prob about 1-2 in to that rear coolant hose...

I dont really have any good pictures of it....Keep in mind also that I eliminated the heater valve so....I was able to tuck it back more towards the block...I have one line running from back of head directly to that hardline.....

You can kind of see how I have it ran

Last edited by CatManD3W; 03-25-15 at 03:23 PM.
Old 03-25-15, 03:21 PM
PaCowboy
Pole Position

Ya mine is about an inch or so away. Burnt right through the dei heatshield and melted the rubber hose.

Its pretty close...Prob about 1-2 in to that rear coolant hose...

I dont really have any good pictures of it....
Old 03-25-15, 03:59 PM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PaCowboy
Ya mine is about an inch or so away. Burnt right through the dei heatshield and melted the rubber hose.
DEI heatshield? I would use the fire tape...or fire sleeve....i.e Withstands 500°F continuous / 2000°F intermittent heat..

Your downpipe had to come in contact with that line......for it to do that....

Mine has been like that for over a year no without any issues...
Old 03-25-15, 05:31 PM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks like some PTFE lined -4AN SS vacuum lines are in your future!
Old 03-26-15, 04:16 AM
PaCowboy
Pole Position

Ya I had a Dei sleeve and heat wrap on top of the coolant hose. I figured it had to touch it to burn through the way it did. When I replaced the coolant line I routed it a little differently in hopes it won't burn through again and triple wrapped it. Hopefully that will work for now until I have time to weld a pipe in.

DEI heatshield? I would use the fire tape...or fire sleeve....i.e Withstands 500°F continuous / 2000°F intermittent heat..

Your downpipe had to come in contact with that line......for it to do that....

Mine has been like that for over a year no without any issues...
Old 03-26-15, 11:11 AM
8052JZ
Lexus Test Driver

Omar, send me the part number for that hose. I used silicone hose this time sense it stated it was meant for wastegate lines with high temp area's. On the last setup, I used DEI fire sleeve which worked great and didn't cause any issue's. When I replaced the hose, I put the sleeve back on it.

For the heater hose, I used slightly larger hose, cut down the middle and wrapped it around the heater hose securing with metal zip ties. It's worked great for 8 months now and haven't had any issue with it. I'm not a fan of the fire tape sense it very thin and doesn't make sense to me as to how it would block out heat.

Anyhow, after replacing the hose I am back to hitting 13-14psi after doing a few WOT pulls. I pulled the hoses off the boost solenoid and ran the gates off springs pressure to see what I get. Sure enough, 13-14psi. The new boost solenoid was delivered this morning which ill get swapped out sometime after work.

I did the following as a recap:
-boost leak test (leak at turbo coupler to IC pipe, fixed) 13-14psi
-pressure tested wastegate vac lines (line popped hose causing boost to hit 19psi, fixed)
-pressure tested with new line, I can hear gates "clicking" when pressure applied and no leaks
-Ran off wastegate spring pressure bypassing boost solenoid, back to 13-14psi

Only thing left is to swap out boost solenoid Lets hope that's all it is.
Old 03-26-15, 12:31 PM
99SC42
gte & na-t

I ran this hard hose, its a fuel hose 3/16 part# GL062613 , just run it away from the manifold and dp.

In 8years I have never had to put any insulator or sleeve on them, I am not telling you guys not to.

Check the Wg fittings again , its either you are leaking on top of the Wastegate or your Solenoid took a crap those are the only 2 things that's possible right now.

Let me know

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 8052JZ's NA-T Build