Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

8052JZ's NA-T Build

Old 09-05-14, 09:20 AM
8052JZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well the ac works fine with the button on and off. It wasn't working before because there was no pressure in the lines so the sensor didn't want to turn the pump on. I got the the point where it was time to fill the freon but it wouldn't suck anything in even with the ac pump on and air on full blast. I had my buddy take a look that has done A/C's a million times and he is thinking that the expansion valve is not opening to allow all the freon to get into the system. So when I'm not lazy ill replace that along with the dryer. I just hope the AC pump isn't shot either.

Other than that, this car is doing great and drives excellent! Very Happy with all the hard work and parts that went into this car! Still haven't tracked down my first race :/
Old 09-09-14, 05:45 PM
PaCowboy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What did u do if anything to fix this problem? I hve the same problem now. I can turn on my ac compressor off and on by using aem tuner and that's it. The compressor is always on or always off unless I use aem tuner to turn it on or off. It's a pita!! Btw car looks good! Fuel pump hanger works awesome!! Thanks!

Originally Posted by 8052JZ
Per the tuner Ian at FSR Motorsport Creations he advised to setup 2step instead of drag anitlag. Now that it is setup, I am able to hit 0psi and launching was actually much better. I think with a little more adjustment I could get a few more lbs but not sure how much to go and not break something lol

Onto the next question. Aem v2 and the A/C. How the hell do you set it up so that the climate control can actually turn the ac pump on and off. Right now I am able to activate the ac buy selecting "switch always on" in aemtuner but the climate control is still not able to control it off or on. Ive read about some sort of relay needs to be put in but it is VERY unclear as to how to do this. Only seems to come up for the 1jz. Nothing about the 2jz and the 6100 or 6101 AEM box.

Old 09-09-14, 05:49 PM
PaCowboy
Pole Position

This is what I used to help setup my anti lag and my two step. Obviously I don't run both at the same time.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?804682-AEM-2-Step-Setup&highlight=aem+v2+2+step+set+up

does anyone know how to setup drag anitlag in the aemv2? Looking to get this setup to get boost off the line for drag racing....

Please advice if someone may know how to set this up..
Old 09-10-14, 10:13 AM
8052JZ
Lexus Test Driver

Still in the works to getting it sorted out but I think I figured it out. If there is no pressure in the line, the line pressure sensor will not see any pressure and there for not turning the AC pump on. After I vacuumed the system out and added a tad but of freon, the A/C button works as it should. So I bleieve that the line has to have pressure in the line to properly work!

Going to order a new expansion valve, dryer and maybe a new pump sense there a kit on rockauto to freshn up the a/c system. But I might just start with the expansion valve and dryer first.

Glad to fuel hanger is working great

Originally Posted by PaCowboy
What did u do if anything to fix this problem? I hve the same problem now. I can turn on my ac compressor off and on by using aem tuner and that's it. The compressor is always on or always off unless I use aem tuner to turn it on or off. It's a pita!! Btw car looks good! Fuel pump hanger works awesome!! Thanks!
Old 09-10-14, 10:27 AM
PaCowboy
Pole Position

I got pressure in my line. My ac is always on and cold!! Which is better than before which was off and I was sweating my *** off!! I'm still hunting to see how anyone else fixed this issue.

Still in the works to getting it sorted out but I think I figured it out. If there is no pressure in the line, the line pressure sensor will not see any pressure and there for not turning the AC pump on. After I vacuumed the system out and added a tad but of freon, the A/C button works as it should. So I bleieve that the line has to have pressure in the line to properly work!

Going to order a new expansion valve, dryer and maybe a new pump sense there a kit on rockauto to freshn up the a/c system. But I might just start with the expansion valve and dryer first.

Glad to fuel hanger is working great
Old 09-24-14, 08:25 AM
8052JZ
Lexus Test Driver

Still running strong everyday!

Hope someone could help me out. The R154 leaks oil like crazy after a night of messing around doing a couple launches and some highway pulls. Over night there would be ALOT of oil from the trans near the rear. I looked underneath and it doesn't look like its coming from the tail shaft. I traced it all the way Up to the shifter? I'm using the beach performance short shifter and I'm wondering where it could be coming form up there? I made a gasket between the shifter and trans but cant seem to understand where it could be coming out with that much oil...

Anybody deal with this problem before and what did you do to resolved this issue? I'm going take the shifter off this weekend to take a look but wondering if anyone else has run into this problem before.
Old 09-24-14, 08:53 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Some like Ed (lexforlife) had been lucky not to be plagued by that famous oil leak of R154s...

That had always been the problem I read about R154..... oil leaks ...hope you find out the real problem and solution to it.
Old 09-24-14, 09:45 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome to the R154 Club and making 7XX +HP this is one issue with the R154 , there is noting you can do about that.
Fluid will either come out of the tailshaft or the shifter hole..Been there done that..That crap gets old really fast.
I had the seal blow out on me at 160 it was scary.
Old 09-24-14, 11:01 AM
8052JZ
Lexus Test Driver

damn how lame so there is no way of fixing this but to keeping adding oil and dealing with it? Sucks because this will not pass tech when I go to the drag strip unless I wipe it down clean on the trailer before hand. Wonder if there is a way to make the shifter seal up or stop it from leaking out so much oil..
Old 09-24-14, 11:08 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Richard , I see a V160 coming ...............................GETRAggggggggggggggg............................ lmaol .
Old 09-24-14, 11:43 AM
8052JZ
Lexus Test Driver

LOL I wish... I am actually considering going with a th400 manual shifting auto.. Sense I am more into drag racing I think its the best option to go along my next motor build I'm starting soon. It should be a good setup. Its cheaper to build and lighter than the 4L80E.

Aside from that.. I found that someone has put a sponge int eh shifter assembly to help stop the oil from coming out of the shifter. Than after sitting over night it would seem that the oil would run back down into the trans. Makes sense and wont hurt to give that a try and see what happens.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...ng-r154-2.html
Old 09-24-14, 11:57 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

damn how lame so there is no way of fixing this but to keeping adding oil and dealing with it? Sucks because this will not pass tech when I go to the drag strip unless I wipe it down clean on the trailer before hand. Wonder if there is a way to make the shifter seal up or stop it from leaking out so much oil..
Nope , I wouldn't take a chance with the leaky trans at the track you will either hurt somebody or hurt yourself ...

There is nothing you can do about that, i've been there 4-5 years ago..Thats why ive never drag raced my car.
Old 09-24-14, 11:09 PM
jwin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could solve it by venting the r154 better so it doesn't build a lot of pressure when you're at high hp levels cause it to blow by the seals. I'm sure that's the reason why it leaks oil due to case pressure.
Old 09-25-14, 02:42 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Still running strong everyday!

Hope someone could help me out. The R154 leaks oil like crazy after a night of messing around doing a couple launches and some highway pulls. Over night there would be ALOT of oil from the trans near the rear. I looked underneath and it doesn't look like its coming from the tail shaft. I traced it all the way Up to the shifter? I'm using the beach performance short shifter and I'm wondering where it could be coming form up there? I made a gasket between the shifter and trans but cant seem to understand where it could be coming out with that much oil...

Anybody deal with this problem before and what did you do to resolved this issue? I'm going take the shifter off this weekend to take a look but wondering if anyone else has run into this problem before.
oil coming from shifter area is because of it being slammed to the back of the tranny with that much power and running out over the top

see this product

http://www.driftmotion.com/Beech-Shi...t-p/dm3052.htm
Old 09-25-14, 05:26 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Originally Posted by lexforlife
oil coming from shifter area is because of it being slammed to the back of the tranny with that much power and running out over the top

see this product

http://www.driftmotion.com/Beech-Shi...t-p/dm3052.htm
Then it blow either the front seal or the rear seal , its pressure...

We put 2 vents on my friends and it still blew the seals...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 8052JZ's NA-T Build