Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

trailer park wife 93 SC300 rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-13, 07:35 AM
sc400ka
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

small update looking into new head uints for the car. however i dont want a double din unit. would cause to many issues in my location. also got pics havent figured out how to get them off my iphone yet since i have only had it for 3 weeks now. also cleaned up the old mess of the wires in the trunk to make room for my new set up. YES, a sound system in the car might as well use it since no one want to buy it!
Old 01-09-13, 07:30 AM
sc400ka
Pole Position

alreight another small update the lip that attaches to my door handle broke so im climbing through the passenger side of the car now. also when taking apart the old door panel it fell apart so now i have to find new door panels or just say **** it.
Old 01-09-13, 10:31 AM
scott101
Pole Position

love your car and the parts your throwing on in. let me know how the solid bushings feel, im close to buying a lot of the parts that you bought
-scott
Old 01-09-13, 11:48 AM
sc400ka
Pole Position

the rear bushing feel ****ing great! the lowering springs (cut a coil off) made the ride a bit harsh but used to it. (slammed honda driver, with solid motor mounts for years LOL). the godspeed tow arms and control link worked great(sorry battle version i had to cheat on you! didnt have enough money i hope you can forgive me ). also have to fix my e-brake cables now one broke loose and popped my tire on the way to the inspection! FML rust was the main cause of failure. got new ones in the car just to cold to get under it right now. spring will be here soon. will also have to replace my rear hubs a few bolts are broken.
Old 01-09-13, 08:27 PM
scott101
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sc400ka
the rear bushing feel ****ing great! the lowering springs (cut a coil off) made the ride a bit harsh but used to it. (slammed honda driver, with solid motor mounts for years LOL). the godspeed tow arms and control link worked great(sorry battle version i had to cheat on you! didnt have enough money i hope you can forgive me ). also have to fix my e-brake cables now one broke loose and popped my tire on the way to the inspection! FML rust was the main cause of failure. got new ones in the car just to cold to get under it right now. spring will be here soon. will also have to replace my rear hubs a few bolts are broken.
awesome, im on cut springs at the moment as well. theyre not too bad, a bit bouncy sometimes though. i have a list of suspension components that I want when i "properly" do my suspension when i get the money

what happened in the original pictures when you got the car(rear drivers side)? was it just broken studs or something else?
Old 01-12-13, 08:00 PM
sc400ka
Pole Position

The whole rear subframe rusted out! It broke in the front mounting location. Trying to post pics from my phone. Can't figure it out!
Old 01-30-13, 08:30 AM
sc400ka
Pole Position

so mini update got new front seats for my car last night and picked up a motor & tranny for a very good price looks like a mini build might be happening for this guy!

also get my new exhaust from one of my local shops installed tomorrow so this car has become a dimond in the rough!

even got a few offers to buy it! now things are getting intresting for this old rust bucket. now off to the tie up some loose ends on the car gasket wise and boom ready for the drift season this year.

still havent figured out how to post pics from my phone! sorry about this i have like 120 pics to post lol!
Old 01-30-13, 09:21 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Download the Photobucket app. Click on image and hit the link button by using the menu button or ????. Copy and paste the link on here. Its the bottom link on each photo.
Old 01-30-13, 11:50 AM
sc400ka
Pole Position

i need to be on a wifi network before downloading apps.

yeah pics!

these 2 pictures show how bad the damage to the old sub-frame was!

all the mounting locations were cleaned off, retapped, and painted then unbody lined sorry i dont have pics of this

Last edited by sc400ka; 01-30-13 at 04:06 PM.
Old 01-30-13, 04:23 PM
sc400ka
Pole Position

more pics of cranage!

new parts that got installed.

here is everything attchad to the new sub-frame

a blow out on the high way to get inspected

reason for blow out. it seems that e brake cables dont like being moved around so they attacked back!

this little guy broke today after i tried to move it out of the way
Old 01-30-13, 04:29 PM
sc400ka
Pole Position

my last up date as of right now is that im running on an open header. with no o2 installed. have to switch into screw in o2's instead of bolt in o2's

also get the new exhaust installed on friday morning 2.5" all the way back from the cat.
Old 01-30-13, 11:18 PM
scott101
Pole Position

awesome progress, you got a new motor and tranny. are you running a 5 speed for drifting?
Old 01-31-13, 07:27 AM
sc400ka
Pole Position

i have the 2jz-gte motor both of them are autos. one might get torn down, and rebuilt. the other will become the new heart for the car. i been pricing the manual swap stuff, and bills are a little bit to much to look into the swap right now.
Old 01-31-13, 10:38 AM
scott101
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sc400ka
i have the 2jz-gte motor both of them are autos. one might get torn down, and rebuilt. the other will become the new heart for the car. i been pricing the manual swap stuff, and bills are a little bit to much to look into the swap right now.
sounds good, the gte is awesome, id love to have one eventually
Old 01-31-13, 10:58 AM
sc400ka
Pole Position

whopps i copies and pasted my search over i have 2jz-ge motor. both of them are the same motor. the newer to me one has less miles.

if i could get rid of the rear lower control arms i bought for a supra i could buy some more parts.

Quick Reply: trailer park wife 93 SC300 rebuild