Build Threads Details on Club Lexus IS-F owner vehicles

ISFPOWER's BUILD THREAD.. The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-12, 12:08 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts
Default ISFPOWER's BUILD THREAD.. The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

hi guys, never properly introduced myself. Bought my beautiful ISF about a month ago. Im a forum ***** and long time member on my350z,com with a post count that is almost embarrassing, lol.

here are pics of my previous ride. Major mods include 5k 3 stage PPG paint job, bbk, wheels, coils etc. i still have the car but is currently for sale to mod the ISF a bit more. these are non edited pics, the car really is this damn shiny when cleaned, lol.

Last edited by ISFPOWER; 10-27-12 at 12:51 AM.
Old 10-27-12, 12:26 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

I was originally going to buy the e92 m3. i didn't like it as much as i did back in 08-09. finally when i had saved enough to buy a car in this price range, i didn't feel like i was getting much with that car. It was so boring. still had outdated orange gauges, acceleration was meh, interior was meh, interior and road noise was loud, options just made this car ridiculously overpriced. i looked at a few m5 and m6s. fast but wasn't for me. c63 amg was fast but interior was meh, and dont let me start on the problems that car has. then came the ISF. beautiful outside...i was really surprised by the interior. i was told the is350/250 was the same but it really wasn't when you actually sit in one. it's so nice, down to the stitching and quality. super quiet inside, "feels" brutal with the acceleration compared to the m3, almost as the c63. had so many options for the money, looks very up to date with the gauges, came with a bbk etc, and i dont need to talk about reliability. almost no recalls and problems after researching. i bought mine out of state and got it shipped here safe and sound in an enclosed trailer. every option available.

here are pics after putting the tein springs on, ride was a lot better and looks good.

Old 10-27-12, 12:29 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Then came the muffler deletes, sounds awesome on the outside and i get compliments everywhere. my car is literally a **** magnet and people dont even know what an ISF even is, lol. they think it's a fixed up is250.

Old 10-27-12, 12:30 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

had to do the 2012 headlights. bought them new and will be installed this week. i got the flasher relay, just waiting on a nice sunny day to do the install.

Old 10-27-12, 12:35 AM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Looking good already. Your stock wheels are on backwards btw
Old 10-27-12, 12:35 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

my apexi throttle controller came in yesterday thanks to Kramer. awesome unit. i can't believe how well this things work. my car feels like a rocket. it feels so fast , literally. anyone that is local can drive my car . i promise you, it will be the best 280 you spent on the car. im kicking myself in the *** all the money i spent on the Z and will never get the throttle response of this car. i can't tell you how much this thing makes a difference. this is coming from a guy who thinks bolt ons dont do nothing to most vehicles. i never exaggerate on little hp gains but this will make you "feel" like it's a rocket just because it takes little effort to press the gas and be down the road.

Old 10-27-12, 12:37 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CalitriSC
Looking good already. Your stock wheels are on backwards btw
oh wow, thanks for letting me know. are these directional wheels? can you tell me which side or what i have to do to make them correct? i wasn't aware, i feel like a dummy
Old 10-27-12, 12:39 AM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Yea they are directional wheels, only the 08-09 wheels are. Think of the spokes as "blades" I guess lol. The sharper edge faces forward on all 4 corners.
Old 10-27-12, 12:43 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

next up was a little order from Griots garage. i use to detail extensively and have pretty much gone through everything over the counter and special order only products. i dont like to stick to one brand because one brand can never make every product good. but Griots Garage is the only brand that has at least 5 products i feel that is superior and easy to use. Their wheel cleaner is just as good as P21S and is also BBS approved which is great.

if you dont believe me going through products, take a look at the arsenal.

Old 10-27-12, 12:43 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CalitriSC
Yea they are directional wheels, only the 08-09 wheels are. Think of the spokes as "blades" I guess lol. The sharper edge faces forward on all 4 corners.
thanks brother, i'll get it fixed right away. i guess its the best time to just buy all 4 new tires. lol
Old 10-27-12, 12:45 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

i'll update this thread at least once every two weeks hopefully. im trying to buy something new every two weeks. that's my goal. selling parts off my Z , im making bank for aftermarket parts on this lexus.
Old 10-27-12, 12:45 AM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice mods so far! Nice choice in color. Wheels are directional. Wheels are imprinted with FR, FL, RR, RL or something on the wheel. All you have to do on yours is switch the rears left to right and vise versa and same with the front and you're good to go.
Old 10-27-12, 12:49 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ShadowISF
Nice mods so far! Nice choice in color. Wheels are directional. Wheels are imprinted with FR, FL, RR, RL or something on the wheel. All you have to do on yours is switch the rears left to right and vise versa and same with the front and you're good to go.
thanks! even easier, i'll do it tomorrow. i should be receiving a package from Sewell Lexus
Old 10-27-12, 01:04 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

That's a pretty extensive supply of detailing tools. Gotta keep your rides clean. Looking forward to the continued build thread. Nice Z as well!
Old 10-27-12, 05:36 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW your car detailing station is serious! Im jealous.

Quick Reply: ISFPOWER's BUILD THREAD.. The Good, The Bad, The Ugly