Build Threads Details on Club Lexus IS-F owner vehicles

ISFPOWER's BUILD THREAD.. The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Old 10-26-14, 08:10 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Sorry guys for the wait on replies. i thought this thread got deleted. i think i got most of your questions answered. feel free to PM me with any questions. i will update this thread again with pics of parts / installs.

Originally Posted by USBfan
I know that this is a throwback, from a post you made in 2012, but.... Do you still have your custom concoction recipe of powder by chance? Looking at doing some engine bling myself and loved the way your powdercoating color came out.
I know i can make the same order of the custom powder i did. if you are interested, PM and i can get a price for you for exact same color i did.

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Just went through all 39 pages and pics.... I know i don't have a "F" but this would inspire anyone to mod there car... At first i was thinking this was a budget build thread with the spacers, muffler delete, LED's, and emblems etc , then you completely raised the bar with the JOE z exhaust, headers, coilovers, etc.... lol...

I would definitely start off with what you did in the beginning, muffler delete, spacers, strut bar, etc...

Did the car come lowered when you first bought it? springs maybe?

This definitely makes me want to get one...
Lol, thanks man, truly means a lot. ive always been a DIY person on everything and very meticulous. My car didnt come lowered, completely stock. i flew and met the owner even though i bought it from a dealership. dealership called the old seller to make sure if it was ok for me to contact him with any questions. not only did i get to talk to him over the phone, i got to meet him in Florida for original window price stickers, pics of the day he bought it, brochures he kept when he bought and a few other goodies.

Was an older gentleman that owned lexus' cars all of his life and pulled the trigger on the ISF. was immaculate inside, underneath the car, engine bay. only thing it had was bug juice etching that ate through the clear because of being from Florida. i got the hood and bumper resprayed with a much more durable clear which i do with every car ive owned anyways.

Originally Posted by Pxnda
Awesome build, can't wait for more!
'

thanks man, def will be a lot more

Originally Posted by Navydoc13
what kind of roof spoiler is that?
its a carking spoiler. i paid 150 shipped painted. very good quality. i was actually surprised how good the clear coat and wetsand job they did.

Originally Posted by Sean
Do you remember where you found these plastic caps? I'm hoping to use your wonderful idea and didn't have any problem finding the grommets, but couldn't find any similar caps. I'm hoping you could point me in the right direction before I waste a lot of time trying to find them.
indeed i do. i got it at my local lowe's home improvement store. i brought my extenders with me to find the right size. make sure you have a bit of slack and its not tight because you wont be able to twist the extenders when installed. looks very clean and oem for that extra classy look and not a hack job.

Originally Posted by v8sten
Dammit, I just got into an IS-f and this thread alone is going to make me spend a lot of money.
lol, might not seem like it but ive spent 18k+ after purchasing the car.

Originally Posted by RichFlair
can't believe i went through the whole build. Great stuff happening here.
i appreciate it , i will post more soon.
Old 10-26-14, 08:49 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

some recent things ive done are bigger spacers on oem wheels, raising the car a bit in the rear, oversized front and rear tires. i know its not recommended by most on here about a taller sidewall than oem specs but i wanted a fat tire look for the stockies. looks great, even quieter and smoother. a bit softer when turning but i think its due to the hankook v12s, very unhappy with that purchase. even new, they were louder than my fully worn to the cords re-11s. they are too soft but does provide a smooth ride and decent grip (decent = not good).

with the help of lobuxracer with torque specs and some install guides , ive done an overhaul of the front end suspension.

although i only have 50k miles , I had one leaking ball joint but i didnt see a tear in the bushing itself. both of my sway end links were torn, probably due to how low i am in the front. the inner tie rod was def overkill because mine were perfect , i thought it would be wise just to do it.

did new oem inner and outer tie rods, beefier moog lower ball joints, megan adjustable upper control arms, brand new lower oem control arms, moog sway end links. the car feels great and tight at current height. with new alignment and corner balance., very happy.

ive decided to buy FIGS adjustable sway bar links and the FIGS lower control arm bushing. im also contemplating on buying KW or HKS coils. i believe the KW is better set up, im just turned off of how you need to cut your oem top hat which i dont have anymore. we will see.

i was quoted way above 1000 bucks on the install of these suspension parts...close to 1500. i did it all in my garage because i know shops wont care for my car like i would..i dont even want scratches on suspension parts that you dont see when installed . if you can do coilovers and good with DIY projects, you should be able to do all of this. only thing i rented was an inner tie rod removal tool to get it off the steering rack, a pitman puller for ball joints . just make sure you are meticulous with proper regreasing, correct torque specs and reset all bushings with the proper procedure . if you need help, PM me. im sure a lot of you are at that time for some of these installs.

here is how it sits currently. will post pics of parts i have laying around soon. thanks fellas for reading.

Last edited by ISFPOWER; 10-26-14 at 11:14 PM.
Old 10-26-14, 10:50 PM
13UWISF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice ride bro!
Old 11-03-14, 05:08 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

So perfect
Old 11-10-14, 05:40 PM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Love your car man! Just found this build thread Very cool!
Old 11-27-14, 08:49 PM
Sylvan
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER

been sourcing an ARC cap for awhile now with no luck. they are so rare. could not find anyone with it in stock. SargeISF came through, thanks again bro. Still waiting for the Titanium bolts for it.

Is it the same thread pitch as a 350Z oil cap, if so I am going to be choked I sold mine.
Old 11-28-14, 04:01 PM
Rossi
Racer

Received 185 Likes on 122 Posts

What size is your tire setup now?
Old 03-29-15, 01:04 PM
got556
Rookie

Still come back and look at this thread every so often. (I'm the one that bumped into you on MacRumors, and we PM'd each other). Still looking for my elusive F or C63...still can't decide. Won't be a DD though, so I'm not as scared about the AMG as if it were a DD (Headbolts are really the only major issue on that car).

What are your plans from here? Still have the ///M6?
Old 03-31-15, 03:03 PM
KSLAM
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Looks amazing lowered on stocks! Spoiler and diffuser flows nicely too
Old 06-18-15, 10:31 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Sylvan
Is it the same thread pitch as a 350Z oil cap, if so I am going to be choked I sold mine.
I dont think it is . previous Z owner here.

Originally Posted by Rossi
What size is your tire setup now?
In these pics, they were 245F/275R 35/19

Originally Posted by got556
Still come back and look at this thread every so often. (I'm the one that bumped into you on MacRumors, and we PM'd each other). Still looking for my elusive F or C63...still can't decide. Won't be a DD though, so I'm not as scared about the AMG as if it were a DD (Headbolts are really the only major issue on that car).

What are your plans from here? Still have the ///M6?
lol, whats up man? i lurk on macrumors every day. love that site. Yes. actually selling leftover parts on the M6 on m5boards.

Originally Posted by KSLAM
Looks amazing lowered on stocks! Spoiler and diffuser flows nicely too
Thank you. i still think it looks better in person
Old 06-18-15, 10:43 PM
MR2QIK
Driver

Very schmick! I noticed the front's lowered a fair deal more than the rear. Did that affect the handling much?
Old 06-18-15, 10:47 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Sorry no updates in awhile. i have been so busy with life and getting this right and other family mishaps. Ive collected parts over this time but still haven't hard the energy/urge to install or even work on the car. but things are mellowing down back in my life.

Few things ive picked up and soon to be plans here.

Megan front arms
Megan Rear camber arms
Bought BC coils with swift springs 16/12k this time and sold my previous 14/10k.
Aeroworks front splitters
AIT CF sides and rear

Went with Megan because i couldn't justify what i was trying to accomplish with any other brand. It will do the job and im actually surprised by the feel of quality.

BC 16/12 is def a lot more stiff/rough than my previous set up. i actually miss the daily comfortable feel of the 14/10k. ive gotten one dash rattle from the new suspension and it drives me nuts.

Bought new 245/35/19 michelin supersports today for the front. Im trying to decide between matching supersports rear or michelin pilot sports ZP and upsizing to 285/30/19. these rear run flats are actually quiet and very comfortable. not what im use to with the old vette factory run flats. i just need to figure out the weight difference to make my final choice. not to mention, its a pain to install/uninstall runflats (do my own tire change).

Plans are to re-buy PPE headers, LED fogs, sikky/fsport front and rear sway bars, FIGs or RR racing control bushing, 2 piece rotors and a few other things to finish off the handling on the car to get it back to feeling perfect to me for my ride height.

Old 06-18-15, 11:32 PM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Nice set of parts there Andrew.

Finally got my hands on your old BC BR coilovers!

Hopefully get them fitted soon.

Just wanted to say a huge thanks for selling them to me.

Condition was immaculate as you said it would be. Can't wait to get them installed.

Cheers.

Peter
Old 06-19-15, 12:25 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by PDP180180
Nice set of parts there Andrew.

Finally got my hands on your old BC BR coilovers!

Hopefully get them fitted soon.

Just wanted to say a huge thanks for selling them to me.

Condition was immaculate as you said it would be. Can't wait to get them installed.

Cheers.

Peter
Wow, thats been a long time! im glad they got to you safely, i kind of miss them. You're ride will only look better. Be sure to update your thread with new pics as well.
Old 06-19-15, 01:46 PM
JDMV8
Instructor

Received 187 Likes on 104 Posts

Any plans for the F?
I always see you are active on the forums but don't see any updates!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ISFPOWER's BUILD THREAD.. The Good, The Bad, The Ugly