ISFPOWER's BUILD THREAD.. The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-15, 12:54 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMV8
Any plans for the F?
I always see you are active on the forums but don't see any updates!
yeah i listed some plans on the post above. i really need to do more updates. its hard to juggle so many diff hobbies and other aspects of life all at once. but def will update more often.
Old 07-06-15, 08:25 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

did a few things before july 4th. was suppose to have everything done but RR racing sent me the wrong bushings (opted for the 95 duro), the bushings will be here on wednesday.

installed:

Megan front upper camber arms
Megan rear upper camber arms

Fit was perfect, operation is noiseless, very easy to adjust...im very happy with my purchases. i see why a lot of the 2IS guys run these.

To be installed before Friday:

RR racing USRS bushings
Michelin super sports 245/35 and 275/35.

ive been playing with the ride height and camber settings. a lot of work. i must have adjusted about 20 times, jacking up and down the car and still not happy with the look i want. once i get the look, i can get ready for an alignment.

Old 07-12-15, 08:20 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

a couple of updates. Installed my 95 duro USRS bushings from RR racing.

REVIEW:

installed mine earlier today. i drove on the exact same roads i take to work and back to really know how diff it is. here will be my quick review. mind you, i have the 95 duro bushings.

there is definitely more chassis vibration. my steering wheel doesn't shake, my pedals doesn't shake but you can feel it in your butt if that makes sense. almost as if your rear tires are really out of balance but for the front of the car. i drove the car on many diff types of roads. driving slower on bad roads, the car feels rough, stiff, more interior rattle , the usual road imperfections i usually drive on feel much more harsh when hitting them. little imperfections feel more dramatic...a lot more.

On smooth roads, feels exactly the same the same. can't tell i changed out anything. smooth/quiet.

mind you, my front tires are bald on the inside. thats how soft the oem bushings were. my bald tires were smooth and quiet with the oem bushings, and kept all of the NVH to non existent.

I have new michelin super sports in the closet all around that will be installed with a new alignment. My camber right now is about 1.4-1.8 front rear is .08-1.0. so its def getting contact patch on the road. also like Rafi said, when he put his on, he had vibrations in his steering but after he balanced the tires out, it went away. basically, if you have any pre-existing problems, they will be apparent with the new bushings.

the good things are that bump steer is almost all gone. feels great on freeway going fast. steering feels a bit heavier in a good way. more solid. and mine was already solid to begin with. steering response is better, corning feels better but most importantly BRAKING feels sooo much better. stops hard and quick and steering wheels stays straight like an arrow. i haven't had that feeling since the first day i put lowering springs on my stock F. since then it slowly went downhill on the braking.

Im going to make another review when i actually have all new tires that are suppose to be quiet and sticky tires. also my alignment has to be off because ive been playing with the height settings a lot lately on my coils while waiting for these bushings to come in. I think my negatives are due to my bald front tires and alignment is off.
Old 07-12-15, 08:50 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Some quick pics from the iphone today before i blacked my window trim. quality came out well for non edited point and shoot. Im not sure if i like the black trim yet. i think the chrome went well with what i had. but if i black out some other things, the black trim will stay on there. Also, should have some carbon aero pieces on there sometime this week.

Old 07-13-15, 09:01 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Blacked out the window trim today with matte black. looks very OEM like. im satisfied with it. Bad pics, sun was going down very fast.

Old 07-14-15, 04:49 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Looks good Andrew.

Out of interest, did you remove the rain visors to black out the trim on the windows, or did you just black out the trim for the visors themselves??

Either way, think it works well mate.
Old 07-14-15, 12:48 PM
Defratos
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts

Looks good, did you use that mini cooper tape for the window surrounds? or spray?
Old 07-14-15, 02:49 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by PDP180180
Looks good Andrew.

Out of interest, did you remove the rain visors to black out the trim on the windows, or did you just black out the trim for the visors themselves??

Either way, think it works well mate.
thanks man. im trying to put attention to details. i didnt remove the visors. if i did, i dont think the 3m double sided tape will stick to the black out tape underneath, plus its a lot of more work taking off. you cant see any chrome even when opening the doors though.

Originally Posted by Defratos
Looks good, did you use that mini cooper tape for the window surrounds? or spray?
thanks. i used the mini tape. funny thing is i looked at your build thread and it made me want to do this mod right before doing it. your car is very clean and good attention to details as well.
Old 07-15-15, 01:56 PM
Defratos
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
thanks. i used the mini tape. funny thing is i looked at your build thread and it made me want to do this mod right before doing it. your car is very clean and good attention to details as well.
thanks , yeah i'm surprised at how well they're holding up and was a pretty easy DIY once you play with it a bit.
Old 07-17-15, 01:16 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

had these for almost a year. aeroworks CF front lip pieces. will put these on this coming up week.

Old 07-17-15, 01:59 PM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Hey Andrew,

Nice!

Got these on mine. Must admit I removed the front bumper to fit mine (had LED foglights to install as well so made sense!).

Be very careful not to drill into your headlight washer fluid hoses! They run inside the bumper precisely where you want to drill your holes!

Make sure you unclip them from the brackets, move them aside, then drill.

Best of luck mate.

Cheers.

Peter

Last edited by PDP180180; 07-17-15 at 02:23 PM.
Old 07-17-15, 02:05 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by PDP180180
Hey Andrew,

Nice!

Got these on mine. Must admit I removed the front bumper to fit mine (had LED foglights to install as well so made sense!).

Be very careful not to drill into your headlight washer fluid hoses! They run inside the bumper precisely where you want to drill your holes!

Make sure you u clip them from the brackets, move them aside, then drill.

Best of luck mate.

Cheers.

Peter
thanks for the heads up. like my wald wing, im looking to put some nice rubber on the edges where it makes contacts with the bumper. ive always done this for a better "OEM" look and to never damage the paint underneath. here is an example of what im talking about what i did to the wald wing. the toms diffuser had it it it came brand new as well.

Old 07-17-15, 02:25 PM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
thanks for the heads up. like my wald wing, im looking to put some nice rubber on the edges where it makes contacts with the bumper. ive always done this for a better "OEM" look and to never damage the paint underneath. here is an example of what im talking about what i did to the wald wing. the toms diffuser had it it it came brand new as well.

Good idea.

I never intend on removing my parts, hence they are sikaflexed into place.

Gives the same look with a nice bead around the parts.

Look forward to seeing your results mate.
Old 02-03-16, 10:42 AM
Crusher103
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now I'm going to be up in your thread reading about all your door dings.
Old 02-07-16, 06:52 AM
nicklausw
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Did you paint or wrap your window trim???

Quick Reply: ISFPOWER's BUILD THREAD.. The Good, The Bad, The Ugly