Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS400 owner vehicles

New DD and Project: the "Rexxus"

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-14, 06:09 AM
TMAdash1
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

love what you've done with this car, looks great man!
Old 05-28-14, 08:02 AM
Shmee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks!

Timmy,
as I said to PD on FB, I'm getting the stuff 3D printed for free so I'm at the mercy of them finding time between jobs...
Old 05-31-14, 04:09 PM
Sc0pe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Video of the sound system in action?
Old 02-26-15, 09:57 PM
Shmee
Lexus Test Driver

For those that didn't see on IG....
New lips and rubber coming soon:

That's a VENTI cup! haha! by ZX3Tuning, on Flickr

This isn't actually my wheel, just one with the same size lips and a similar finish. by ZX3Tuning, on Flickr

Untitled
by ZX3Tuning, on Flickr

New specs will be 19x11" with 245/35 and 19x12.5" 275/30 under stock fenders WITHOUT a buttload of camber!

And I know that I have said I didn't want a double din, but the Fiancée hooked me up for my Bday with Jensen VX7020 which has one of the nicest Navi systems I have played with.

by ZX3Tuning, on Flickr

I'm looking to do something cleaner with the Elevel rocker, in a recessed pocket on the panel but for now, the $12 Scosche trim panel with that ugly rocker hanging off the front will have to do... The little button above is for my electric tank purge. I should note, the Scosche dash kit is a much closer finish to the stock trim and AC controls than the Metra dash kit, but it needed a fair amount of trimming to allow my deck to sit flush with the face. not a big deal it took me 10mins with a dremel to clean it up.
Old 02-27-15, 06:26 AM
tsxnbp
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks great! Makes my wheel looks like a spare donut...

How the heck do you fit that spec on stock fenders?
Does the pre facelift LS have that much more room over post face lift model? Or you mean they are still rolled or shaved but just not pulled/modified?

I am still resisting on getting rid of my stock useless Japanese navi set up for a double DIN but it is getting harder and harder with advancement of smart phone connection capability with the newer double DIN decks....

Have you considered hiding the rocker & purge button in the flip lid ashtray? That's where I installed my pressure gauge and it worked out great to keep it clean.
Old 02-27-15, 06:27 PM
Shmee
Lexus Test Driver

Thats where they currently are but the harness on the rocker does not lend it self well to flexing back and forth, so the ashtray has to stay open 24/7/365. The current dash kit is just temporary, with how cheap these kits are I'm more than happy buying and cutting up a bunch to play around with. Plus with the Scosche cask kits, everything a 1/4" away from the deck face is open void space in behind so why not use that blank canvas for something... My car is a rebuilt $3000 POS, so it's not like I'm really going for a true VIP look or trying to "kill tha game!"

As far as the wheels and fitment goes, there is a buttload of room in these cars. when i say stock i just mean not radius and flared. I will probably just have to shave the lip off the fenders but I doubt i will need to roll or pull much.

IMHO, the mistake most people make is going with negative offsets when trying to go wide and then have to camber the hell out of the wheels to get them to fit. There is a ton of room in the insides of these cars, I'm pretty sure I could stuff 13s or even 13.5s under the fenders if I wanted to re-barrel the wheels as well. But this is just a place holder car and these wheels will likely get converted to 20" steps for my next car, so I don't want to go too crazy with the fitment only to have parts nobody will buy. my goal with this car was to amass as many quality parts than i could gut it and transfer over to my neck car with minimal loss.

A big reason why this seems so crazy to stuff such wide wheels under stock fenders is thats not the "thing" or style. Everyone is chasing that Onikyan look, with big lips and crazy camber, but to do that you need really low offsets that are deep into the negatives. I don't mind camber and all, but anything more than -8 to -10º aired out looks a little silly to me.... and even then, I'd personally prefer to stay under -8º if at all possible with this setup.
Old 03-04-15, 05:47 PM
timmy0tool

Received 415 Likes on 370 Posts

you already know you have inspired me to maximize the inner clearance to get the widest wheel possible under stock (or relatively stock) fenders with no pull. i can't wait for your new setup!

what saddens me is the news that you will probably move on to a better chassis in the future, but i know you will excel in that just as you did here with your so-called $3k POS lol!
Old 03-20-15, 05:57 PM
Toyofhate
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't wate for the wheel pics. Fan****ingtastic
Old 03-21-15, 08:21 PM
Shmee
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by timmy0tool
you already know you have inspired me to maximize the inner clearance to get the widest wheel possible under stock (or relatively stock) fenders with no pull. i can't wait for your new setup!

what saddens me is the news that you will probably move on to a better chassis in the future, but i know you will excel in that just as you did here with your so-called $3k POS lol!
I'll be with this car for a few more years, so it's not like I'm jumping ship right away...
Besides, with the prices of the LS430 and 460s coming down so much, it'll only be a matter of years before you'll be driving one of those with me buddy!

Originally Posted by Toyofhate
Can't wate for the wheel pics. Fan****ingtastic
Old 11-02-15, 04:09 PM
scunyon
Rookie

Originally Posted by Shmee
Tails are just depo eBay led tails...
I love how they look and want a set for my 97. How's the illumination on them in the daytime/nightime?
Old 11-03-15, 05:36 AM
t4l
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is one of the best looking 2LS on here. Simple yet super clean. I love it.
Old 11-07-15, 08:50 AM
Shmee
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by scunyon
I love how they look and want a set for my 97. How's the illumination on them in the daytime/nightime?
They are really bright! They compete with my reverse lights and those are almost blinding if you are directly behind me. Pretty happy with them but I do suggest that you seal them with silicone when you get them. I never trust aftermarket lights to be properly sealed.

Originally Posted by t4l
This is one of the best looking 2LS on here. Simple yet super clean. I love it.
Thanks. I was trying to keep it subtle and understated, but then I went and did this:

Untitled by Thatguy Youhate, on Flickr

Flexin by Thatguy Youhate, on Flickr
Old 11-07-15, 12:57 PM
ultm8mind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Good to see a 19x11" with 245/35 and 19x12.5" 275/30 combo, I was thinking these rims I was looking at might not fit well. I'm looking at a 19x10.5/11.5 +15 all around. That 11 in the front fits well, so I don't see why the 10.5 I'm looking at would give me any issues. Looks good man, too much rear for me but looks good brother. Can't wait until mine is back on the road (power steering pump and hose crapped out on me).
Old 01-27-16, 06:16 PM
strokes504
Driver School Candidate

Looks amazing not to flashy very very clean
Old 03-07-16, 10:26 AM
Shmee
Lexus Test Driver

Going to be selling/parting my car.
Life, work and wife demand a truck, so it's time to move on.

Quick Reply: New DD and Project: the "Rexxus"