Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

Going under the knife again....(YaKuZa_GS build 2.0)

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-14, 09:21 PM
clos430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Talk about an update man! Great job The engine bay looks sick, love the color combos. Especially the opening in the cam gear cover. I see you bought that ARC filter set up, very nice!

Your headlights came out sick bro! That black chrome really sets them off nice! Really nice! Not sure how I feel about the led's though, reminds me of them ebay projectors just my opinion. But big fan of your build man, keep setting the bar higher.
Old 06-09-14, 11:40 PM
Sonic_RC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Lutkis
Picture of those LEDs on!
Preferably at dark.
Originally Posted by Ava92
Wow such high psi. You must have some big single plans
And yea throw up some night pics of the headlights when you get a chance
The stock twins can handle 16PSI no problem. I also have my other setting set for 14PSI which I think I should stick with because currently I'm getting spikes every now and then. Might have to tweak the settings a bit. No plan yet for a big single just yet. I do love the fact that the stock twins boost almost immediately. It is a daily driver and I'm not a big fan of turbo lag. However if I do end up blowing the stock twins I may just go for a big single, but something practical. Nothing overboard like a T88 or anything LOL

I KNOW! I KNOW!! What you're thinking was the first thing I was thinking when I saw it all lit up. The colors don't match. So I have new halos on the way for the fogs.

Originally Posted by Chankeye
Wow, those headlights look ****! Obviously the swap is looking great too, all these swaps i have seen lately have got me looking for a gte vvti motor sooner then i wanted. lol Sweet car, and nice work on the mods.
Originally Posted by puff
Taking this build to yet another level and I'm loving every bit of it. Nice work as usual man.
Originally Posted by Sevenevez
haha holy ***** man. you always have quality 100% and this current transplant is no different. amazing, i love the candy apple red too. the details, the polshing and the headlights with the Audi style functioning was just the icing on this cake. Love it man, in and out
Originally Posted by SoCal Cyco
wow that b@#$% is sexy, love the head lights
Originally Posted by clos430
Talk about an update man! Great job The engine bay looks sick, love the color combos. Especially the opening in the cam gear cover. I see you bought that ARC filter set up, very nice!
Thanks for the kind words guys. I get obsessed looking at things and trying to get new ideas from anything I see and try to incorporate it as my own. Its almost like an addiction. And that can be both a good and bad thing. I have a garage just full of small parts I've never used which was a big waste of money. Extra fog lights, stainless lines, fittings, LEDs, projectors and all kinds of s***. Kinda makes me depressed when I think about it LOL.

Originally Posted by clos430
Your headlights came out sick bro! That black chrome really sets them off nice! Really nice! Not sure how I feel about the led's though, reminds me of them ebay projectors just my opinion. But big fan of your build man, keep setting the bar higher.
Ya I went with the black chrome because of the emblems and trunk trim on my car. I was trying to find the JDM Vertex Edition lights as they are OEM black chrome, but not easy to come by or condition. As for the comment, its all good dude. I actually love to hear constructive criticism. The thing I hate about the eBay lights aside from being ugly (just my opinion) is that they are CCFL halos which are extremely outdated. I like the halos in my fogs but would never install into my headlights. I try to find designs and inspiration wherever I can find it, even if its not car related. I originally got the dual strip idea from the new Mercedes E-Class.

I couldn't decide if I wanted to run the strips upwards like the E-Class or along the bottom. But I came to the conclusion that it looks cleaner along the bottom and since the wrap around the sides they would also function well as a turn signal. So that's how that all came into play.

As for all you modders out there. Inspiration is all around you. If you got a dream, chase it. We all gotta start somewhere. All you need is a vision and a push in the right direction. Never take criticism too seriously. Learn from your mistakes, have fun and keep the dream alive.
Old 06-09-14, 11:51 PM
Lutkis
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by YaKuZa_GS
Well I'm not sure if you've ever seen the 2GS OEM bumper without the license plate bracket. But the middle section of the bumper is not actually curved, it's flat. I really wish they continued the curve evenly across the whole bumper. So on some angles it might look like its bent, but it just looks like that.
I've seen it without the bracket but I have the holes in it so that's propably what got me confused. I assume then that that is a modified OEM bumper?

Thanks for the front shot, looks awesome!
Old 06-10-14, 09:30 AM
Sonic_RC
Racer

Originally Posted by Lutkis
I've seen it without the bracket but I have the holes in it so that's propably what got me confused. I assume then that that is a modified OEM bumper?

Thanks for the front shot, looks awesome!
No its a modified aftermarket bumper, but I guess the maker used the same flat spot as OEM

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/7520572-post24.html
Old 06-10-14, 01:08 PM
vipXjunky
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow that is gorgeous bro!
Old 06-10-14, 10:22 PM
SoCal Cyco
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

looks amazing bro, very well executed
Old 06-11-14, 02:48 AM
Riksgs808
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is one sexy biatch!!!! Very well executed. Love that night shot of the new retros. And that Aristo swap, maaaan. Looks helladope!
Old 06-11-14, 03:59 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

You sir are VIP. great looking GS. love the night shot
Old 06-11-14, 10:03 AM
armanitran
Lead Lap

your build gives me anxiety because everything you do is amazing
Old 06-11-14, 05:29 PM
Revive
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Love it man. Just wanted to say two things.

First, the air funnel that mounts atop the radiator is going to make a mess of the engine bay and air filter when you drive around. I stopped running mine because of it. And the blue fittings and oil cooler kinda throw things off to me.

Hope you don't take my comments the wrong way. I really dig your build. It's on a level I'll never see with mine. haha
Old 06-11-14, 10:22 PM
Sonic_RC
Racer

Originally Posted by BBRolex
wow that is gorgeous bro!
Originally Posted by SoCal Cyco
looks amazing bro, very well executed
Originally Posted by Riksgs808
That is one sexy biatch!!!! Very well executed. Love that night shot of the new retros. And that Aristo swap, maaaan. Looks helladope!
Originally Posted by tmf2004
You sir are VIP. great looking GS. love the night shot
Originally Posted by armanitran
your build gives me anxiety because everything you do is amazing
Thanks fellas. I still have a few small things to add there and there, but will keep you guys updated

Originally Posted by Revive
Love it man. Just wanted to say two things.

First, the air funnel that mounts atop the radiator is going to make a mess of the engine bay and air filter when you drive around. I stopped running mine because of it. And the blue fittings and oil cooler kinda throw things off to me.

Hope you don't take my comments the wrong way. I really dig your build. It's on a level I'll never see with mine. haha
No worries dude. ALL comments are always welcomed. Like, dislike, hate... all good to me man Ya I'm currently not using the air duct. My GReddy pulleys are blue too so I think it still ties in with everything
Old 06-13-14, 07:34 AM
Bippu147
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Awesome job Justin, I love how this car has turned out, excellent build.
Old 06-13-14, 03:46 PM
armanitran
Lead Lap

What paint did you use to make the headlamps black chrome?
Old 06-14-14, 02:20 PM
Sonic_RC
Racer

Originally Posted by Bippu147
Awesome job Justin, I love how this car has turned out, excellent build.
Thanks man! Hit me up next time you're in the area. We'll go for a cruise. (just don't take off... I wont be able to keep up with your beast LOL)

Originally Posted by armanitran
What paint did you use to make the headlamps black chrome?
Dunno. I had the housing painted professionaly by my body man
Old 06-19-14, 04:41 PM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Well, I was on the fence of picking up a GS as a daily but now, I definitely cannot. I'll be forced to do dirty things to it thanks to you. Killer GS man, I just read through this whole thread, what a road you have taken.

Quick Reply: Going under the knife again....(YaKuZa_GS build 2.0)