Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

Going under the knife again....(YaKuZa_GS build 2.0)

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-12, 09:49 PM
Mikerx80
Pole Position

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

I like. How much was it to get your steering wheel re-wrapped?
Old 10-02-12, 09:50 PM
nyc80rick
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by LuxuryGS3
This is amazing man! I'm loving the front bumper. Innovative, so I tip my hats to you.

I've got to say it though, i'm so jealous that you've already done so many ideas that I had thought up for my own build, so you force me to go to the drawing board time and time again to look into newer and innovative things for myself, lol. Well you and a couple other people.

ANYWAYS! Looks great man! I love your paint. I've really gotten into detailing and the first thing I look at on any car now is the condition of the paint and yours looks amazing. Makes a night and day difference with the ride IMO.

Did you ever think about getting the sidemarker lights filled in and deleting those? I think that would really look dope with your new front bumper.
I'm with you I have the same bumper and don't care for the fogs to much and whenever I seen dual fogs on vip cars I loved the look. He beat me to it and pulled the look off well.

Also I believe he actually added the side markers to his bumper because this kit doesn't come with holes for them.
Old 10-02-12, 10:10 PM
DosyBoy
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

DOUBLE FOG HALO RINGS!!!! Oh lord Jesus!!
Old 10-02-12, 11:40 PM
clos430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Looking Cleann! I'm liking the new wheel set up, can't wait to see the photoshoot/video.
Old 10-03-12, 03:02 AM
Trevstuh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This car is insane!
Old 10-03-12, 03:36 AM
kraven9
Lead Lap

Your car looks great. I am loving the interior.
Old 10-03-12, 04:10 AM
c-low
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

o wow bonerific
Old 10-03-12, 08:37 AM
young's 96
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What front bumper is that
Old 10-03-12, 10:24 AM
Sonic_RC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCal Cyco
very nice!!! i love the fogs ,are they completly custom?
Well in terms of the whole front bumper I pretty much had everything mapped out. If its one thing I learned about going through almost 100 issues of VIPStyle and VIPCar magazines is that they take body customizing to a whole new level. One day I was flipping through a VIPStyle magazine and just checking out some of the links and I came across this small shop that had a dual fog kit with fiberglass housing. The ones closer to the center point straight, while the ones on the outside point a little outwards to cover a wider range. The front bumper I was looking at was designed for single oval fogs but I wasn't too keen on the design. Judging from the photos of the cars they put the fog lights on it looks about the right size, so I took a chance and it looked like it was going to work out just perfectly.

Once the fog light kit arrived I measured the outside diameter of each unit and started looking for a halo kit in the same diameter. I eventually came across these little bad boys. At first I thought the ad was exaggerating but these are crazy bright (just as bright as my HIDs at night). Each ring has 64 SMDs and was a perfect match for my 6000k HIDs. Some might think halos are a little played out but I figured its more unique in the fogs than the headlights and I didn't want to go the Audi/Mercedes LED strip which seems to be the new fad.

Originally Posted by sinistervr
love the new look, any pics of the s class next to you?
Sure, PM me your e-mail and I'll send you a few.

Originally Posted by LuxuryGS3
Did you ever think about getting the sidemarker lights filled in and deleting those? I think that would really look dope with your new front bumper.
Actually the bumper didn't have holes for the side markers. Although I agree it looks clean without them, I feel it looks more complete with them.

Originally Posted by Mikerx80
I like. How much was it to get your steering wheel re-wrapped?
I didn't have it wrapped. The silver carbon wheel I actually bought it from Japan like that.

Here's a quick photo of me and mrkenji this past weekend at inMotion Fitment vs. Function Car Show hosted by NWMotiv.
Big thanks to Armin Ausejo Photography for the dope photos!

Last edited by Sonic_RC; 01-08-13 at 11:57 AM.
Old 10-03-12, 11:06 AM
Kzem
Pole Position

Beautiful. Every time i think ive seen all there is on a GS somebody comes out with some originality
Old 10-03-12, 03:16 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

car looks dope justin. love the ebony/ivory look with mrkenji, i thought he sold his gs awhile ago
Old 10-03-12, 06:50 PM
puff
Lexus Test Driver

Your build has certainly come a long way. on your creativity on the fogs they look awesome. My only note is that it seems like your front wheels should tuck a little more. Other than that great job on your car man.
Old 10-03-12, 07:16 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

the build is epic,,,, very nice car you have there.
Old 10-03-12, 07:29 PM
portcityplaya
Driver

DAMNNNNN!!!!!!!!! Both of those rides are ridiculous. Your build is crazy. Hats off. I wish I could do something like that to my car.
Old 10-04-12, 12:52 PM
Sonic_RC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by puff
Your build has certainly come a long way. on your creativity on the fogs they look awesome. My only note is that it seems like your front wheels should tuck a little more. Other than that great job on your car man.
I would if I could but its just not gonna happen. You probably already know this, but the arch of the rear fenders are lower than the fronts, thats why the rear tuck and the fronts don't. The front upper arms are already touching the top of the strut towers. The only way to get it lower would be to cut holes in the strut tower, but even then the skirt is 1" even off the ground across the whole skirt.

Quick Reply: Going under the knife again....(YaKuZa_GS build 2.0)