Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > SC Models > SC 400/300 > Build Threads
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

AnonymousG Pic/Progress Thread

Old 04-22-14, 10:36 AM   #16
bigwes
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)

message me if you want to know

Have any pics of what the car looks like right now.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
bigwes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-14, 12:47 AM   #17
AnonymousG
Pole Position
Trader Score: (2)

Here is some recent pictures, mostly in order. haha

Last picture of my car Plastidipped.
Click the image to open in full size.

Then between the time of removing the Plastidip and stuffs, I got into a accident 100% not at faulty.

Since the accident, I had one broken foglamp and one messed up high beam so I removed them.

So I removed the damaged bumper, and slightly tweaked the bumper support to somewhat fit my car. and installed my spare primer bumper, which I actually like the non SC4 lip look.

Also finally did my plugs, cap, rotor, and valve cover gaskets.

You also might notice, me having different rims. Mainly due to all of my varrstoens cracking.

YellowSpeed Coils - 96 Front - 97+Tails - SC4 Front Lip - Injen SRI - MKIV DualCore Rad - NRG/Nardi - BattleVersion subframe bushings - Poly rear dif bushings - BattleVersion knuckles - Braided power steering hose - Front & rear Prothane bushings - MKIV swaybars - BattleVersion front swaybar links - S2000 black seats - Kazama engine mounts
AnonymousG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-14, 12:53 AM   #18
AnonymousG
Pole Position

Then some random pics with my damaged bumper installed and between the recent update.

Removed my cat and straight piped my car.

Repaired my varrstoens for the last time, before I finally sold them. But here it is with a 8mm spacer. I also installed extended studs somewhere in the past year.

YellowSpeed Coils - 96 Front - 97+Tails - SC4 Front Lip - Injen SRI - MKIV DualCore Rad - NRG/Nardi - BattleVersion subframe bushings - Poly rear dif bushings - BattleVersion knuckles - Braided power steering hose - Front & rear Prothane bushings - MKIV swaybars - BattleVersion front swaybar links - S2000 black seats - Kazama engine mounts
Old 04-30-14, 01:06 AM   #19
AnonymousG
Pole Position

Now for the recent update.

Recent installed
black S2000 front seats
better condition grey rear seats
Window visors
Roof spoiler
Battle Version Modded Knuckles
Rear subframe with Battler Version bushings
Supra Swaybars
Battle Version Front swaybar endlinks
Newer rear hubs
Supra FUCA with poly bushings
FLCA with Poly bushings
All arms in rear have poly bushing
Poly bushing for the rear diff
Used Steering rack w/ flipped OEM tie rod ends
Braided power steering line
Newish exhaust 3" titanium midpipe with vband to round magnaflow to a y.

New steering angle! All i need now is new tie rod ends, I want BV and some spacers.

Raised it up a bit, mianly due to newish exhaust and old ride high i had an inch of clearance.

Then got bored and did this the other night. And now your up to date on how my car is!

The car rides 100000000x better with poly bushings in all the arms. Just need to get my right rear toe situated, due to alignment places saying it is maxed out..?

Old 05-06-14, 05:15 PM   #20
scott101
Pole Position

what up man! looking nice! im back in the area this weekend it you still need the 5spd ds and want to trade diffs. lmk, u got my number

let us know how the setup feels right switched rod ends+ knuckles, should get pretty good angle

Last edited by scott101; 05-06-14 at 05:18 PM..
scott101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-14, 05:28 PM   #21
jadu
OLLO
Trader Score: (39)

jadu jadu jadu
Send a message via ICQ to jadu

You've been busy. Nice work. I did not know you can flip tie rod ends and use supra front upper control arms

RIP Jaynelle imu
jadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-14, 05:47 PM   #22
AnonymousG
Pole Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott101 View Post
what up man! looking nice! im back in the area this weekend it you still need the 5spd ds and want to trade diffs. lmk, u got my number

let us know how the setup feels right switched rod ends+ knuckles, should get pretty good angle
What up bro! With the tie rods switch and the knuckles the cars angle is crazy! When I do u turn it feels like my rear wheels don't move at all.

I'll hit you up in a couple of days, when I finally get my last 5spd parts. Haha, just fw bolts and a slave.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadu View Post
You've been busy. Nice work. I did not know you can flip tie rod ends and use supra front upper control arms
Yeah, from what scot101 told me, you can switch sides of the tie rods, so basically left on the right and right on the left. And due to the design of the tie rod end actually gave me some clearance.

We'll I was told that they were supra upper control arms.. But if it isn't is ok, all my bushing are either solid or poly now.

Old 05-06-14, 05:50 PM   #23
AnonymousG
Pole Position

Also forgot to update, that I adjusted my exhaust which is a pita, I moved it more upward for clearance.

Also reinstalled my hi beams.

Old 05-14-14, 12:38 PM   #24
AnonymousG
Pole Position

Replace my motor mounts finally yesterday, big difference! No delay in power being transmitted with this. Mount and to top it off I got these for the same price as oem supra mounts.

20140513_120956 by AnonymousLG, on Flickr

Old 05-16-14, 10:00 AM   #25
Oaklandsc3
Driver School Candidate

Your car looks awesome. What brand window visors are those if you don't mind me asking?
Oaklandsc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-14, 02:30 PM   #26
AnonymousG
Pole Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklandsc3 View Post
Your car looks awesome. What brand window visors are those if you don't mind me asking?
For the rear roof I know it is hic, and the windows I have no idea. I got them for free from the guy I bought all my suspension off of.

Old 09-27-14, 07:48 PM   #27
Rezist89
Driver School Candidate

bump great stuff
Rezist89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-14, 09:33 PM   #28
DrMcPho
Rookie

wow, your car has come a long way and I like where its going. It's a bummer with all those accidents and incidents but you come back right after which is great. Continue what you're doing.
DrMcPho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-14, 12:35 AM   #29
AnonymousG
Pole Position

Thanks for the bump guys.

I haven't updated in a while, but in between then I finally converted my car to manual. Took my 1.5 days, pretty good considering I did it on jacks with no help.

Last edited by AnonymousG; 10-02-14 at 12:42 AM..
Old 10-02-14, 12:52 PM   #30
Kris9884
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousG View Post
Thanks for the bump guys.

I haven't updated in a while, but in between then I finally converted my car to manual. Took my 1.5 days, pretty good considering I did it on jacks with no help.
Nice, I can only hope it'll be that fast for my 5sp swap on the 1uz..

'92 RJP SC300 - NA-T - SOLD
'97 CGP SC400 - BFI - Stock - For now..

My Formula Drift photodump: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-...-pictures.html
Kris9884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-14, 12:52 PM