Build Threads Details on Club Lexus IS-F owner vehicles

RCBs ISF build thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-12, 10:22 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,281 Posts

Originally Posted by PhiDeltBee
Excuse my ignorance, but what is a TPMS bomb and what do it do?
What it do What it does is here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...pipe-bomb.html

Lou
Old 09-13-12, 10:39 AM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 210 Likes on 77 Posts

TPMS bomb!!! hahahahah that's awesome! Definitely got a nice list of mods on there and I'm super jelly!
Old 09-13-12, 10:59 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
What it do What it does is here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...pipe-bomb.html

Lou
Yeah, ever since 2007, TPMS sensors have been mandatory on new vehicles. In order to keep your warning light off, the car needs to read all 4 TPMS sensors at around 32psi (I think that's the point the light comes on) or over. It's hard to mount a lot of the OEM sensors to aftermarket wheels properly, so some people build a pressurized chamber out of PVC to keep somewhere in the car and it works to keep that light off the dash. If you're a car enthusiast, you shouldn't need a light to tell you that your tire pressure is low... I do what I've always been taught to do... check my tire pressure periodically and fill up as needed.

Mine is built almost exactly like the one in that link, except I added an extra layer of clear silicone around the parts where the caps mate to the pipe, just to ensure no leakage. I keep mine in the net in the trunk.
Old 09-13-12, 12:20 PM
PhiDeltBee
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got it. Pretty nice little trick there.
Old 09-13-12, 01:50 PM
digger08
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow! You have nothing left to do.

I would recommend to cut down your extenders. I shorted mine to about 1 1/2 inches - they have a small allen key adjuster that will undo them on both ends.

Digger08
Old 09-13-12, 02:05 PM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 210 Likes on 77 Posts

I've never looked at the back of our gauge cluster but wouldn't it be easier to just remove that bulb in the cluster? Like I said, I've never looked at the back of our cluster so I don't know what it involves or whatever
Old 09-13-12, 02:44 PM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice ride!

Don't mean to change the topic, but in regards to the TPMS bomb, an alternate method that's less prone to explosion (lol) is just to tie the sensors back-to-back really tightly to maintain the pressure on the sensor. I've done this with zip ties and just threw them in my trunk.. haven't had any issues in 3 years.
Old 09-13-12, 02:59 PM
KJH
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 21 Posts

Very nice work and a lot of mods. You can tell this guy is the owner of a bad *** APU Supra and is used to comprehensive mod programs. Keep up the good work!
Old 09-13-12, 03:23 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts

Looks good bro nice to see the F comming along since the Iast time i seen it. Time for the drag way now you got the headers in lol.
Old 09-13-12, 04:42 PM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

shadowisf , thanks man. I love your car, as I mentioned I originally started to purchase and SGM. Every time I look at your car it makes me wonder if I would have liked it more then the MM. But then I look at my car and smile

JDMV8, DCoolBeans, ISFSteve, Darbs242, EGI IS350, MKIV98TT and iH8RICERZ
Thanks you guys for the complements, its really nice to see that everyone likes the car. I love the sense of community here.

vbb- I'm waiting for a part to finish a mod on an M5 and then both cars will be back to the Dyno. Hopefully in the next 2 weeks. I'll be sure to update you guys with results.

VtotheJ- I would love to get a meet going for all us Northeast guys. It's tough with most of us non NY/NJ guys being so spread out and so few of us. We will make it happen though!
Vais Tech. is exactly what you want. I recommend the ML+ version though.
You will get the nav unlock, album art and full iPod control on screen.

Laoreflxzn- my car will be there, we will have to go for a ride so you can preview your future mods

g35cali- I'll have to get some good pics of the car. Still learning how to use my DSLR but I'll do my best

Digger08-Thanks for the suggestion! I'll add that one to the list....There is always more to do

iH8RICERZ- For the TPMS light I wish it where that easy but you have 3 warnings. One of them being the information display.*

Primecut- Nice idea, never thought of that approach, much more compact.

KJH- Yea, big builds are pretty normal for me. It's what I do, I have a few really nice major builds going for customers right now.
The Supra went from an pretty rough rolling chassis to 857whp monster in one shot.

laobo979- We need to meet at NED. I still haven't seen your car off the winter wheels or your boys ISF.

I don't think I need to reply to the TMPS bomb since those questions have been well answered. I do get a kick out of it though. All these expensive parts and everyone loves the $30 Home Depot PVC pipe contraption Wait till it gets a custome paint job, you guys will be in heaven
Old 09-13-12, 04:50 PM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Love your car man! You have very tatsteful way of moding. Have you had time to see what difference all suspensions mods have done to your car? If so please state what it feels like. Thanks Bro! One again fantastic F man!
Old 09-13-12, 05:53 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn man your ride is pretty damn clean. I dont think you have anything left to do. Well done. Maybe Wrap the roof?
Old 09-13-12, 07:35 PM
obby
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow.. your car is coming along fast and clean!!! will try to send some of those pics to you soon.. sorry for the delay.
Old 09-13-12, 07:46 PM
Boma
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RCB, you have another fan in me! Awesome job on the F and the Supra!
Old 09-13-12, 09:17 PM
DekNgo
Pole Position

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by RCB
One thing I always hated was the chrome pogo stick shifter lever so I added more threads to the shift **** to sink it down to the shifter base.

Much better

This mod looks very nice! When you say that you "added more threads," do you mean that you cut more threads on the post or inside the **** itself?

Quick Reply: RCBs ISF build thread