Build Log

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-13, 10:28 AM
kuWuPt
Advanced

Received 91 Likes on 44 Posts

Thanks guys.

Originally Posted by SoCal_450h
how did you run the wire? did you drill the roof?
Originally Posted by swtjlsy
he must have ran it down the roof molding in through the trunk
correct.. haven't put it on yet though. ..waiting on my wheels to come in to get body work and paint done and put everything on then.

Last edited by kuWuPt; 01-21-13 at 12:57 AM.
Old 01-20-13, 10:47 AM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have one question though why did you go ride tech instead of accuair? also great right with great Visual pictures.
Old 01-20-13, 12:32 PM
AustinSBP
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kuWuPt
Thanks guys.

corect.. haven't put it on yet though. /waiting on my wheels to come in to get body work and paint done and put everything on then.
how do you remove the roof molding.... i need to re-paint some flaking paint
Old 01-20-13, 12:48 PM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AustinSBP
how do you remove the roof molding.... i need to re-paint some flaking paint
it's held on by clips
Old 01-20-13, 08:32 PM
kuWuPt
Advanced

Originally Posted by swtjlsy
I have one question though why did you go ride tech instead of accuair? also great right with great Visual pictures.
Thanks man. Ridetech has been around for 16 years I think and I loved the simplicity of just getting an airpod which comes already pressure tested so all you had to do was run 4 airlines to the individual bags, one usb line for the controller to the front (the controller also lets me see what pressure I'm running & the ride height bar) and you are good to go. Plus their customer service is amazing. Last car I got the pod, this one I decided to put it together. Both are great products, I guess I'm just sticking with ridetech based off of previous experiences.

Last edited by kuWuPt; 01-21-13 at 12:58 AM.
Old 01-21-13, 09:37 PM
c-low
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

can you post pics of the trunk? im curious to see how much trunk space was used.
Old 02-15-13, 04:00 PM
mmade22
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 11 Posts

Love this thread and I'm glad another NC member is taking care of their gs. Team RPM member? You must know my good friend Eric Badis and his brother. Keep that car sharp and I'm looking forward to seeing the new wheels. How many miles are on her as of today?
Old 02-15-13, 04:57 PM
DrewGS350
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Great write up. Your thoroughness and keen attention to detail is remarkable. I look forward to seeing more.
Old 02-16-13, 12:16 PM
kuWuPt
Advanced

Originally Posted by c-low
can you post pics of the trunk? im curious to see how much trunk space was used.
Sure man, I'll post a pic as soon as I clear out the trunk.

Originally Posted by mmade22
Love this thread and I'm glad another NC member is taking care of their gs. Team RPM member? You must know my good friend Eric Badis and his brother. Keep that car sharp and I'm looking forward to seeing the new wheels. How many miles are on her as of today?
Thanks man, just trying to keep up with your rigorous maintenance regiment. Kudos to you and your car. Who doesn't know Eric and Aaron, stand up guys with bad *** cars.. Hopefully wheels will be here soon and then it has to go in for body work and paint so going to take a little bit of time but trying to knock it out as it comes. Car has 91k on it now.

Originally Posted by DrewGS350
Great write up. Your thoroughness and keen attention to detail is remarkable. I look forward to seeing more.
Thanks man. Hopefully more updates coming soon.
Old 02-17-13, 01:11 AM
Whitena
Pole Position

Great thread but just wondering by drilling big holes by the upper shock mounts for more travel, would that weaken regidity of the chassis?
Old 02-18-13, 12:56 AM
kuWuPt
Advanced

Originally Posted by Whitena
Great thread but just wondering by drilling big holes by the upper shock mounts for more travel, would that weaken regidity of the chassis?
I don't believe so, the upper control arms mounts to the inner portion of the strut tower and where the hole is drilled the sheet metal is fairly thin. This has been done for clearance issues etc for years on numerous other cars and haven't read or heard of any issues caused due to this.
Old 02-23-13, 12:55 PM
kuWuPt
Advanced

Still waiting for wheels so during the wait thought I should tackle the side mirrors. I really liked how the Mercedes side mirrors looked so ordered some off of ebay to try to retrofit it. Vlad has the same on his 2nd Gen GS so can't take credit for the idea.

First attempt:

The white portion is the covers cut out from the Mercedes style side mirrors and the black is the GS covers.

Second one came out a lot better.

Far from done and not 100% happy with them but will finish them and then see how I like it.

In retrospect I think I should have done something a little more simple like the ford focus side mirrors

Or the Audi A6 side mirros

Something a little more simple and subtle, more to my taste I guess but will see how the finish product turns out.
Old 03-04-13, 06:28 PM
kuWuPt
Advanced

I really liked how the LS bumper looked on my 2nd gen GS and I thought it would flow really well with the #rd Gen GS as well. The 2013 rear bumper has the tips on the bumper too but I wanted a smoother transition. For testing I ordered an LS460 bumper, cut it up and put it up against the factory bumper. The Ls bumper is almost a foot wider but I really liked how smooth the transitional lines were. So yeah ordered another GS bumper, cut that up and started on the conversion.

Far from done but a step closer, will post pics once it gets done.
Old 03-04-13, 06:42 PM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 740 Likes on 638 Posts

Wow very nice work, I love the LS rear bumper on a GS. Are you using staples and epoxy on the bonding or just epoxy?
Old 03-04-13, 06:56 PM
kuWuPt
Advanced

Thank you. Bumper is just plastic welded for now. It is pretty strong, twisted it etc and not signs of cracking but I'm going to end up epoxying it just for added strength.

Quick Reply: Build Log