Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3GS owner vehicles

Build Log

Old 10-28-12, 04:16 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMMUNKY
i thought the transmission is sealed ?
I believe when they say sealed, they mean the transmission doesn't have a dipstick for monitoring because they use a "longer maintanence interval" oil.

In general, every trans mission, sealed or not still has bolts and stuff in there, otherwise there's no way to service it if so there happens to be a problem with the trans.
Old 10-28-12, 03:39 PM
JDMMUNKY
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they told last time I couldnt service it
Old 10-28-12, 08:39 PM
kuWuPt
Advanced

Received 91 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by lilSCsteve
kuWuPt, smart move with the maintenance first...something I usually do before any comestic stuff. Which gives me a piece of mind, plus as you stated saves the "wallet". Now to the meat and potatoes...I like what you did with the paint stuff and air-FTW! so what's next for your GS? Another big up to a fellow NCarolinian!
Thanks man, always did maintenance first which is why my builds always take longer but as you stated, piece of mind is a big plus. Honestly I've been waiting for my wheels to come in so it can get fitted to the car, fender work etc. Then it needs a paint job.

i thought the transmission is sealed ?
Transmission on the GS430 is classified sealed because there is no dipstick to check fluid levels etc. However there is a drain and fill bolt on the transmission. I dropped the pan cleaned it, changed filter, filled the same amount of fluid drained from the pan back into the transmission via the fill hole and then did a full flush using a transmission flush machine.
Old 10-28-12, 09:15 PM
JDMMUNKY
Driver School Candidate

Do you know the part number for transmission filter
Old 10-28-12, 09:18 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

nice car AJ, what happened to your old gs?
Old 10-28-12, 10:24 PM
kuWuPt
Advanced

Do you know the part number for transmission filter
I have to dig it up but will post it up once I find it.

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
nice car AJ, what happened to your old gs?
Thanks man, well the old GS got totaled in May.

btw where in NC are you and have we met? I met a couple of people with an ISF here and I'm horrible with names.
Old 10-28-12, 10:39 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kuWuPt

btw where in NC are you and have we met? I met a couple of people with an ISF here and I'm horrible with names.
dammmmmmn. it was so clean. Its me Andrew with the black 350z, fool. lol
Old 10-28-12, 11:33 PM
JDMMUNKY
Driver School Candidate

Thanks you trying to do it this week
Old 10-29-12, 10:53 AM
kuWuPt
Advanced

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
dammmmmmn. it was so clean. Its me Andrew with the black 350z, fool. lol
damn foo stepping up the game!! Funny thing is I was talking to Aaron and he said you wanted to get some fender work done, and now it makes sense. Get up with me cause he is coming to Raleigh to get a car done for me so he wants to do yours at the same time. Welcome to the Lexus family and I have the Techstream system if you want to re-program any of the car's features.

Thanks you trying to do it this week
I would man but I'm in NY and kinda stuck till the storm passes so not sure. But I'll try to get it for you ASAP.
Old 10-29-12, 04:32 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

damn foo stepping up the game!! Funny thing is I was talking to Aaron and he said you wanted to get some fender work done, and now it makes sense. Get up with me cause he is coming to Raleigh to get a car done for me so he wants to do yours at the same time. Welcome to the Lexus family and I have the Techstream system if you want to re-program any of the car's features.

thanks man, i'll PM you my number, please call me when he comes. i hope it's this week.

i'll look up what techstream can do and i'll hit you up.
Old 12-24-12, 12:57 AM
kuWuPt
Advanced

UPDATED - Post #2
Old 01-20-13, 12:36 AM
kuWuPt
Advanced

The LS460 has the third brake light integrated into the roof spoiler, very subtle and a nice detail on the car. I wanted a similar mod ever since I saw it. Although not as clean as the LS below is my attempt at integrating the third brake light into the spoiler.

Started off with ordering a roof spoiler which I thought was subtle enough to add the definition without being too bold. Also I ordered a fiberglass wing and not urethane, solely for modification purposes.

A slight cleanup of the lines to make it a little smoother and fitment was on point. An outline of the third brake light was made and transferred onto the spoiler. The outline was cut and trimmed to fit the third brake light.

Also a small hole was drilled in the corner of the wing to run the power wire, not visible once on the car. Fuzor was used to fill in the gaps and hold the third brake light in place. Also the drilled hole for the wire was filled in with fuzor as well.

After cure time, verified again that the LED's are working and continued to smooth the fuzor to match the lines of the wing and was primed.

The whole wing was then sanded smooth and primed again after fixing more manufacturing defects and went in for paint to Jeremy @ The Body Shop. I would like to thank him at this point for doing an awesome job on it.

Will post pics on the vehicle when everything else falls into place. Till then the parts pile up continues.

Add us on facebook: Flawless Fitment.
Write up: Flawless Fitment

Last edited by kuWuPt; 01-20-13 at 12:41 AM.
Old 01-20-13, 02:19 AM
AustinSBP
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

a damn good job
Old 01-20-13, 08:46 AM
SoCal_450h
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The LS460 has the third brake light integrated into the roof spoiler, very subtle and a nice detail on the car. I wanted a similar mod ever since I saw it. Although not as clean as the LS below is my attempt at integrating the third brake light into the spoiler.

Started off with ordering a roof spoiler which I thought was subtle enough to add the definition without being too bold. Also I ordered a fiberglass wing and not urethane, solely for modification purposes.

A slight cleanup of the lines to make it a little smoother and fitment was on point. An outline of the third brake light was made and transferred onto the spoiler. The outline was cut and trimmed to fit the third brake light.

Also a small hole was drilled in the corner of the wing to run the power wire, not visible once on the car. Fuzor was used to fill in the gaps and hold the third brake light in place. Also the drilled hole for the wire was filled in with fuzor as well.

After cure time, verified again that the LED's are working and continued to smooth the fuzor to match the lines of the wing and was primed.

The whole wing was then sanded smooth and primed again after fixing more manufacturing defects and went in for paint to Jeremy @ The Body Shop. I would like to thank him at this point for doing an awesome job on it.

Will post pics on the vehicle when everything else falls into place. Till then the parts pile up continues.

Add us on facebook: Flawless Fitment.
Write up: Flawless Fitment

how did you run the wire? did you drill the roof?
Old 01-20-13, 09:41 AM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCal_450h
how did you run the wire? did you drill the roof?
he must have ran it down the roof molding in through the trunk

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Build Log