Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Joining the SC Club

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-12, 05:34 PM
sr71b
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Joining the SC Club

This thread will mark my journey as I mod my 1995 Diamond White Pearl SC300.........stay tuned & here we go!

please bare with me as I clean it up a little lol

The Old Car
Going Green?
Diamond White has to be right!
Fix the dash!
5k is Ok with me!
Taking a Dip
New Shoes
New Lights, New Lip, New Photos
Blue By Hue

Last edited by sr71b; 05-17-13 at 07:48 AM.
Old 08-29-12, 05:37 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Well thats another great find, and welcome to the SC world of knowledge. You know this will require you to post up more details about the car, inside and out, right? lol
Old 08-29-12, 05:40 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome to the CL fam...nice pick up.
Old 08-29-12, 05:44 PM
sr71b
Pole Position

there will be more updates especially when i bring it home
Old 08-29-12, 05:50 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

^^^well in the mean time, check out the SC 300/400 classifieds for cheap parts...look at the "Sticky" as well, there's a lot of D.I.Y. stuff. Just do a SEARCH-good luck, and enjoy your stay.

Steve
Old 08-29-12, 06:01 PM
sr71b
Pole Position

yeah i've been lurking for a while on here and looking and commenting on other post, already have a list on my phone with things i want to do to the car
Old 08-29-12, 07:18 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

The paint looks pretty good.
Old 08-29-12, 07:54 PM
sr71b
Pole Position

it is pretty clean and smooth no runs or anything, the only thing i don't like is that the place didn't prep the rear to my liking, you can see the imprints from the badge on the rear
Old 08-29-12, 08:29 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I call bs on check engine light " 95 is the change over year for obd2 no sure what u got if its obd1 its def not an e houst leak"and seal on a/c,
Lol. Overall clean car! Congrats sc is a money pit

Last edited by MDSC; 08-29-12 at 08:35 PM.
Old 08-30-12, 05:26 AM
sr71b
Pole Position

yeah i know something isn't adding up either about the CEL, he didn't tell me it had one and his ad didn't say so either so i couldn't get my hands on a code reader. He said he got a new ac compressor but apparently forgot to put the seal on idk lol, it blows hard but just doesn't get cold just like cool, maybe it just needs a recharge idk. But my main concerns are the CEL and the airbag light, going to have to figure that out before it will pass MD inspection unless i just buy a sticker.

this thing can't be a bigger money pit than my old car, well i'm praying it won't be

Last edited by sr71b; 08-30-12 at 05:31 AM.
Old 08-30-12, 08:10 AM
ppayne1201
Driver School Candidate

Welcome to cl, the paint looks flawlessssss on that thing. hope a 5 speed swap and some boost are in those plans for the future
Old 08-30-12, 08:47 AM
sr71b
Pole Position

well i'm doing aesthetics first and then i'll go and throw some boost at her, the trans i mean it didn't really matter to me, i came across some 5sp ones but the bodies needed help, its not like i'm gonna forget how to drive stick lol, i can always just get the auto one shimmed locally to handle more power anyway, unless you are going to gift me a v160
Old 08-30-12, 08:55 AM
sr71b
Pole Position

the two lights are bother me b/c i don't know why they are on kinda making me nervous to finalize the purchase idk, my friend went with me who has a 1j swap sc300 and it said it should be fine the car drove fine but idk, this is also my first time buying a car private sale as well
Old 08-30-12, 09:36 AM
SC400DAVE
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sr71b
the two lights are bother me b/c i don't know why they are on kinda making me nervous to finalize the purchase idk, my friend went with me who has a 1j swap sc300 and it said it should be fine the car drove fine but idk, this is also my first time buying a car private sale as well
If you want to avoid surprises, take it to your trusted mechanic and get the real answer. Any seller is going to tell you whatever it takes to sell their problem to you. Yes most sellers are getting rid of their problem. Once you have an idea of how much it will cost to fix everything, you can negotiate the price accordingly. It sound like you got emotionally attached and made a decision on looks alone. Of course with a new paint job it looks pretty, but whats underneath? Just fixing the AC can cost thousands, and then it could just need recharge like you said. See my point? Get it checked out by a professional. It will be worth the cost of the diagnosis in your negotiation. I hope you didn't sign anything saying you are buying at a certain price. Hopefully you got a receipt for the deposit too. Lots of crooks out there.

Good Luck and welcome to the club.

Last edited by SC400DAVE; 08-30-12 at 09:38 AM. Reason: UPDATE INFO
Old 08-30-12, 12:54 PM
sr71b
Pole Position

well yes i have a paper trail for the depsoit, i don't give strangers cash that's stupid lol. But in any event, not really attached to the car, like i said drove it around seemed fine, the car isn't local to me so taking to my shop to look at it on a lift and tear it apart is not really an option, he also took the tags off so its not like i can tell him to meet me. buying private party comes with its own can of worms that i'm not use to all my other cars have been from dealers, so it there was an issue it fell on them. The part is that holding me back is just that the car isn't 100% like i thought when making the plans to go look at it, so its some slight irriation. But i'm also rational and with any private party sale the owner could have cleared the codes, sell the car, and then on the way home boom issues galore. Idk, i'll have the spare cash to fix it if need be since i got rid of my other car, so idk, i just don't want to buy any car thats going to have a million issues as soon as i get it home. I just went through the headache of building a motor, and things like that don't want to go down that same road. I mean I talked to the dude's wife she said she use to drive the car and they had kids so she bought a tahoe, they have 4 other cars so that one was taking up space and costing money being tagged and insured so idk. Whatever issues the car may have i can get them fixed doing it myself or getting it done near me.....but who knows and i'm tired of rambling lol

Quick Reply: Joining the SC Club